IsabelleFredrick

Check NVC status online after NOA2?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Ive been waiting for 5 weeks to get the NVC letter since receiving NOA2. 

Is there a place online I can check my status - thinking maybe it's already in my country. I know sometimes the letter takes longer than the case number generation.

You can call NVC to get an NVC case number, once they have it in their system. Then you can track the status in CEAC using that (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx). Note that is for immigrant visas, but it applies to K-1 cases anyway. When you get to the visa application, you still use the DS-160 for a non-immigrant visa.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Is there a place online I can check my status - thinking maybe it's already in my country. I know sometimes the letter takes longer than the case number generation.

You need your case number to track.   Google askNVC and submit your request to have them provide the case number 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, IsabelleFredrick said:

You can only check your case status online once the NVC has received your case, and has given you an MTL case number. Until then, your only option is to call and provide your receipt number (WAC, if you filed your I-129F in California). 

I confirmed the above with an NVC agent this week on the phone because I was tired of having to call and wait for up to 45 minutes (we are 4 1/2 weeks post-NOA2 and still waiting for NVC to receive our case).

The NVC agent advised that if your case does not reach the NVC after the 6-week mark from the NOA2, you can email them and they will inquire with USCIC (NVCResearch@state.gov).

Timeline

We received NOA2 dated Jan 31/19.  Yesterday we called USCIS and were told our file was sent to NVC Feb 22nd and we should hear from NVC by March 22. 

Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, Lori Johnson said:

We received NOA2 dated Jan 31/19.  Yesterday we called USCIS and were told our file was sent to NVC Feb 22nd and we should hear from NVC by March 22. 

We received NOA2 dated February 5, 2019. I'm guessing our case may have been sent to the NVC at the same time as yours if they held on to a bunch of files approved around that time... Hopefully we'll both hear before March 22nd. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ionoone said:

We received NOA2 dated February 5, 2019. I'm guessing our case may have been sent to the NVC at the same time as yours if they held on to a bunch of files approved around that time... Hopefully we'll both hear before March 22nd. 

I emailed them today, and got my packet 3 a minute later!! email them!! :) mine was sent to JHB on 5th, so took a week ;) 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

I emailed them today, and got my packet 3 a minute later!! email them!! :) mine was sent to JHB on 5th, so took a week ;) 

Ours isn't even at the NVC yet. Far from being at the consulate and ready to received Packet 3. We can't email at this time. 

Edited by ionoone

Timeline
Just now, ionoone said:

Did you already have your MTL number?

What is that? 

Did you already have your MTL number?

oh, case number - yes! Got it 5 weeks after noa2. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

What is that? 

oh, case number - yes! Got it 5 weeks after noa2. 

That's our problem; our cases are not even at the NVC yet. We do not have a case number, and we cannot email the consulate/embassy, because our case are not there yet. There are currently in the stage between USCIS approval, and NVC arrival. 

Timeline

That's our problem; our cases are not even at the NVC yet. We do not have a case number, and we cannot email the consulate/embassy, because our case are not there yet. There are currently in the stage between USCIS approval, and NVC arrival. 

Darn, Im with you. Ok, well.... soon enough, hang in there ;)

Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, Lori Johnson said:

How were you able to connect with a representative at USCIS? I can only ever get automated messages. 

Timeline

We were on hold for 20 minutes at least. Then the person we finally talked to had to refer us to a senior case worker.  We had to leave a callback number and their estimate was 4 hours.  After approx 2.5 hours we got a callback. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!😊

We are also waiting for our case number from NVC. We got our NOA2 on Feb 01, 2019 so I contacted NVC via askNVC just to check if they've already received it from USCIS. still waiting for their reply :)

Edited by Jhen007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.