Linzy.winzy

Passport photo requirement

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This might be a silly question, but one of the things I'm wondering is how important is it for the "passport style photos" to be perfectly in line with the requirements listed? My photo is good, but the background is far more off-white than white, and my fiance took his passport photo at home in the UK where their passport photo dimensions are slightly different than the 2x2" described. Would they really fault us on these trivial things as long as they look like good, quality passport pictures of us?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, Linzy.winzy said:

This might be a silly question, but one of the things I'm wondering is how important is it for the "passport style photos" to be perfectly in line with the requirements listed? My photo is good, but the background is far more off-white than white, and my fiance took his passport photo at home in the UK where their passport photo dimensions are slightly different than the 2x2" described. Would they really fault us on these trivial things as long as they look like good, quality passport pictures of us?

Off white is okay. Size is probably not a problem on this initial photo because I believe they are just stapled to the file folder they set up. However, if this visa process is important to you then maybe reconsidered the attitude of "would they really fault us on these trivial things" and do exactly what they ask for. It's a long process so get it as perfect as you can to avoid potential delays.

Many photo booths in the UK have a US passport size option. Passport photos will continue to be needed of him at various times. You might want to try the DIY tool for sizing the State Dept provides on their website. If you don't have a way to print at home, you can take the jpg file to a pharmacy that has a photo printing kiosk. 

Looking ahead at needed passport photos:

1 -Petition

4 -UK medical

2 -London embassy

2 -Adjustment of Status

2 -Employment Authorization 

2 -Advance Parole

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Linzy.winzy said:

You ask for a passport style photo that is 5cm x 5cm and they can do it 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Off white is okay. Size is probably not a problem on this initial photo because I believe they are just stapled to the file folder they set up. However, if this visa process is important to you then maybe reconsidered the attitude of "would they really fault us on these trivial things" and do exactly what they ask for. It's a long process so get it as perfect as you can to avoid potential delays.

Many photo booths in the UK have a US passport size option. Passport photos will continue to be needed of him at various times. You might want to try the DIY tool for sizing the State Dept provides on their website. If you don't have a way to print at home, you can take the jpg file to a pharmacy that has a photo printing kiosk. 

Looking ahead at needed passport photos:

1 -Petition

4 -UK medical

2 -London embassy

2 -Adjustment of Status

2 -Employment Authorization 

2 -Advance Parole

Of course this process is important to me, why else would I be doing it? Just for kicks? Because I feel like spending a couple thousand dollars for no reason? I'm merely seeing if anyone has experience with how strict they are on this aspect.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Linzy.winzy said:

Of course this process is important to me, why else would I be doing it? Just for kicks? Because I feel like spending a couple thousand dollars for no reason? I'm merely seeing if anyone has experience with how strict they are on this aspect.

My advice from our journey .., give them exactly what they require. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.