Laritya

DS160 form "timed out" and not allowing to log back in?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all,

So my fiancé and I wanted to start filling out the DS160 form to get it ready for when our papers will reach the embassy. However, after filling out the first page of info (i.e. name, birthday, etc.) it sent us to a "session timed out" page. I tried to retrieve the application with no luck. When I input the information, it said that the surname and birth year were incorrect. After that, I got frustrated and tried to start a new application. I got the new application number, and then it sent me back to the "session timed out" page. I tried to retrieve THAT application and the same thing happened where it said that the surname and birth year were incorrect.

Am I missing something obvious here? Does anybody else have experience with this?

Thanks for all of the help.

Timeline

Anybody else...? This is the second day...

it will let us get as far as the personal info page, then it times out. After that, we try to retrieve it and it says the surname and birth year are incorrect. I emailed the NVC because I don’t really know what else to do.

We have tried different browsers, we’ve waited up to 24 hours. I am starting to worry. 😐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Laritya said:

Yes :( I don’t know what the problem is...thank you for the link!

Did it solve your issue?  If not, here are more tips you can try out:

• Use your browser's private or incognito mode.
  • Disable browser plugins.
  • Use only 1 tab when filling out the form.  Do NOT have the form open on multiple tabs.
  • Press "SAVE" every time you finish a page of the form.
  • If the session times out again:
  1. Clear browser cookies and cache.
  2. Close the browser (not just the tab), wait a minute, re-open browser.
  3. Retrieve application and continue filling out the form.

Please let us know if any of these works to help you get around the time out issue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And kind of a desperate move - if it works for your petitioner, have them fill out. Then use a screen sharing / video conferencing / remote control app so that you can click the final submit button even though it's on their computer.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ate said:

Did it solve your issue?  If not, here are more tips you can try out:

• Use your browser's private or incognito mode.
  • Disable browser plugins.
  • Use only 1 tab when filling out the form.  Do NOT have the form open on multiple tabs.
  • Press "SAVE" every time you finish a page of the form.
  • If the session times out again:
  1. Clear browser cookies and cache.
  2. Close the browser (not just the tab), wait a minute, re-open browser.
  3. Retrieve application and continue filling out the form.

Please let us know if any of these works to help you get around the time out issue.

I’ll try all of that, thank you!

9 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

And kind of a desperate move - if it works for your petitioner, have them fill out. Then use a screen sharing / video conferencing / remote control app so that you can click the final submit button even though it's on their computer.

I’m in Russia right now and I’m honestly wondering if it’s because of that that we* can not access it 😐

Edited by Laritya

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.