A&M88

CR/1 Refusal

21 posts in this topic

My wife's visa was denied for reason of public charge during her interview on 2/25/19. CO stated I didn't make enough money to her. Also they gave back her passport, which was also very soul crushing because still even now my wife just doesn't believe we have a chance now, and I too am grasping at straws. After several frustrating hours of scouring the internet for a solution. I got my mother to sign a I-864 for joint support, and sent that to my wife, along with last 3 year IRS transcripts, 2 months of paycheck stubs, 2018 w2 (as she hasn't filed her taxes yet), passport bio page, and birth certificate, all of my mother's. All sent back to embassy through 2GO, (along with her passport, wasn't sure if that was necessary or not), per instructions from CO which they didn't give her specifics of what she needed to fix it just letter saying it's not permanent. It has currently been a week now and not a word heard from them. Also have an uncle who lives in Philippines and he's also trying to help as he can, but right now just hoping to get so additional help, or answers to try and get this all resolved as process has already been frustrating enough and now kind of feels like it's all over with. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

221g letter.jpg

January 9, 2018: Marriage

March 26, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

April 03, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

December 07, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (8 months, 4 days)

December 13, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (6 days)

December 18, 2018: Case received at NVC. (5 days)

December 26, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (8 days)

December 27, 2018: AOS & IV Fees Submitted. 

December 29, 2018: AOS & IV Fees Received/Paid. (2 days)

December 31, 2018: AOS & IV Forms/Documents Submitted.

January 4, 2019: AOS & IV Forms/Documents Accepted. (4 days)

January 15, 2019: Case Closed (11 days)

January 22, 2019: Interview Letter Received.

January 31, 2019: Medical Exam (First visit)

February 6, 2019: Medical Exam (Second visit)

February 11, 2019: CFO--GCP Counseling

February 25, 2019: U.S. Embassy Manila Interview. (Refused)

February 26, 2019: Sent additional documents to U.S. Embassy through 2GO

March 25, 2019: Visa status "Ready"

March 27, 2019: Visa status "Issued"

April 2, 2019: Visa received

April 3, 2019: Entered U.S.

June 17, 2019: Green Card and Social Security Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, A&M88 said:

My wife's visa was denied for reason of public charge during her interview on 2/25/19. CO stated I didn't make enough money to her. Also they gave back her passport, which was also very soul crushing because still even now my wife just doesn't believe we have a chance now, and I too am grasping at straws. After several frustrating hours of scouring the internet for a solution. I got my mother to sign a I-864 for joint support, and sent that to my wife, along with last 3 year IRS transcripts, 2 months of paycheck stubs, 2018 w2 (as she hasn't filed her taxes yet), passport bio page, and birth certificate, all of my mother's. All sent back to embassy through 2GO, (along with her passport, wasn't sure if that was necessary or not), per instructions from CO which they didn't give her specifics of what she needed to fix it just letter saying it's not permanent. It has currently been a week now and not a word heard from them. Also have an uncle who lives in Philippines and he's also trying to help as he can, but right now just hoping to get so additional help, or answers to try and get this all resolved as process has already been frustrating enough and now kind of feels like it's all over with. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

221g letter.jpg

Consulate is very backlogged at the moment,  two to three weeks is not uncommon 

YMMV

thank you appreciate the response. also thoroughly read your recent post for guidance as well, sorry for your trouble but glad it was all resolved.

51 minutes ago, A&M88 said:

You've complied with evidence and now it is in the hands of the adjudicator. He/she will review your evidence and if it satisfies their concern then a visa would probably be issued. You need to give the embassy more time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, A&M88 said:

221g letter.jpg

You are the 2nd that has been denied for that reason (that stopped by here), it use to be the embassy would issue a 221g and request you get a co-sponsor.   Last couple were denied and after some talking they finally did send an I-864 from a co-sponsor .. the visa was approved and she is in the USA now.

Good move on your part to get a co-sponsor and get everything to the embassy!  :thumbs:

Now to sit back and be patient  ... keep tabs on the CEAC website for activity with your case file.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...

Just giving an update, or rather lack there of, still nothing from embassy and it has been 4 weeks, since they have received our documents to get refusal resolved. I have called multiple times, even got an "escalation" to have a higher up look into the case so the lady told me, which was 2 weeks ago. Also emailed embassy again stating our ongoing frustrations and concerns over whether or not they have in fact received documents and her passport or if its lost. Currently am planning on returning to Manila next week to visit my wife for 2 weeks, and was hoping if you guys have any info on if possible I can visit embassy myself and get this stuff fixed while I'm there. Again appreciate all the help, thanks.

New update status changed from refused to ready. guess now just wait to hear from them about approval or issued status.

Timeline
4 hours ago, A&M88 said:

New update status changed from refused to ready. guess now just wait to hear from them about approval or issued status.

...  patience works  ;)  :)  

That is a very good sign!!  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Finally got the good news we've been awaiting. Visa status says issued so now we just waiting for 2Go to deliver the passport back and then get CFO done so she can finally be on here way. Thanks so much for the help and support everyone. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, A&M88 said:

Finally got the good news we've been awaiting. Visa status says issued so now we just waiting for 2Go to deliver the passport back and then get CFO done so she can finally be on here way. Thanks so much for the help and support everyone. 

Outstanding!!!   :dance:  

Couple days after issued status it should be in 2GO's hands

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

From what she's telling me she just has to show up and get stamp. Still gotta pay her US green card fee and the travel tax they require so she can leave NAIA. But yeah so excited to be so very close and basically done.

5 minutes ago, A&M88 said:

From what she's telling me she just has to show up and get stamp. Still gotta pay her US green card fee and the travel tax they require so she can leave NAIA. But yeah so excited to be so very close and basically done.

Nvm - Less steps ahead for CR1.

Congrats

Edited by Talako
I Can't Read

Finally done.

Timeline
2 hours ago, A&M88 said:

Ah .. she has her certificate already.   CFO will want to see the Immigrant Data Sheet, on the DO NOT OPEN envelope (do not detach) that will accompany the passport w/visa.   After that they will affix the CFO sticker in the passport.   No appt needed, just show up with the passport and the package.

Green card fee (ELIS) is paid online.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-pay-uscis-immigrant-fee

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.