Jamhaack

Looking for friends in Alabama

11 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

Alabama is about half the size of Philippines in land mass. You might want to narrow it down to city

Montgomery is in the Center of Alabama and even though its large relative to the Philippines it is only about 3 hours drive from Montgomery to the furthest parts of Alabama in any direction. 

Edited by s75h

47 minutes ago, s75h said:

Montgomery is in the Center of Alabama and even though its large relative to the Philippines it is only about 3 hours drive from Montgomery to the furthest parts of Alabama in any direction. 

Sweet Home Alabama

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure what part of Alabama you are relocating to but I know there's a Filipino grocery type store in Anniston Alabama.  The name is Noypi Asian Market.  Also when you relocate to Alabama, there's a LBC business that ships Balikbayan Boxes to the Philippines.They are located in Centerpoint, Alabama.  I can't locate their phone number but I'm sure you can google and find them.  

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Folks, 

I am in Alabama (McCalla). Fiance is from Philippines (Libon, Albay). K1 Visa has been applied for, NOA1 is done, waiting on NOA2.

She was worried about there being no one in the area from her country. Looks like there are a few.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, AlaMike said:

Hi Folks, 

I am in Alabama (McCalla). Fiance is from Philippines (Libon, Albay). K1 Visa has been applied for, NOA1 is done, waiting on NOA2.

She was worried about there being no one in the area from her country. Looks like there are a few.

There are more than " a few"  EVERYWHERE!  :lol:       We meet Filipinos in the craziest places ..     

Of course the local Asian store is a good place.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 hours ago, AlaMike said:

Hi Folks, 

You need to do you due diligence on whom you let your wife hang out with,  there is always a few in the area that are bad seeds.  Just a FYI

ChickBoy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

You need to do you due diligence on whom you let your wife hang out with,  there is always a few in the area that are bad seeds.  Just a FYI

That is very true .. my wife has a good head on her shoulders and is very quick to spot those types .. avoiding them.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.