LukeU

Getting everything organised

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, LukeU said:

Hey @StaceF so I finally got a response, mine is with Scottish Widows and they've told me the same. I can transfer it to QROPS but I have heard the fees on them are ridiculous not to mention my pension pot isn't much to retire on...I could retire comfortably on it now, for around a month 😂 

So just going to leave it here, who knows we may return at some point and I'll just transfer it across then 

Thank you for the update! It seems crazy to me that it is so difficult to transfer it!

I heard about QROPS too but after further investigation, regardless of the fees, I’m pretty sure I discovered that it doesn’t apply to the US. I think that would only work if we were moving to say Europe.

Thanks again for the update! I leave in 4 days 😍

On 2/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, LukeU said:

Courtney (fianceé) said the same last time I took her to heathrow regarding walkers prawn cocktail. She had packed a tube of Pringles but had eaten them way before boarding time....🤦‍♂️

I'll have to see what she thinks of nik-naks. Just to make sure she's as sad as I am when we realise they're not available! 

I'm sure LA will have decaff though! 

as an alternative to nik naks, crunchy cheetos are similar texture, and a good strong flavour. Also have you tried Takis ? if you like Nik Naks for the strong flavour, id give these a try !

3 hours ago, StaceF said:

Thank you for the update! It seems crazy to me that it is so difficult to transfer it!

I heard about QROPS too but after further investigation, regardless of the fees, I’m pretty sure I discovered that it doesn’t apply to the US. I think that would only work if we were moving to say Europe.

I hope the POE will go smoothly and enjoy the rest of your journey! Highly likely in the future ours paths will cross on here again for sure.

2 hours ago, skjourney said:

as an alternative to nik naks, crunchy cheetos are similar texture, and a good strong flavour. Also have you tried Takis ? if you like Nik Naks for the strong flavour, id give these a try !

Thank you! They're on the shopping list for when I arrive, I have not tried Takis but I'll get some of those too :P I'm all for new "Chips" 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

5 hours ago, StaceF said:

So happy for you Stace! (Not re the pension, that’s a bag of s**te, but only 4 days! 🙌🏻)

5 hours ago, skjourney said:

Used to love Cheetos back when I ate dairy...but I can totally settle for Don Julio tortilla chips and Homeboys pineapple salsa instead! And I’ll load up on Nik Naks when I come back to visit 🙃.

Timeline
16 hours ago, LukeU said:

I hope the POE will go smoothly and enjoy the rest of your journey! Highly likely in the future ours paths will cross on here again for sure.

Thank you! Currently packing clothes and trying hard not to pack all of my jumpers 😂 I’ll always be a Brit at heart!

Wishing you all the best! I love having this forum as a little support group but also the wealth of knowledge and information has been absolutely incredible for getting us this far!

I can 2nd the crunchy Cheetos, the hot ones are my fave and I always used to bring them home (as many bags as I could pack) from a trip visiting my fiancé!

Timeline
14 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

So happy for you Stace! (Not re the pension, that’s a bag of s**te, but only 4 days! 🙌🏻)

Thank you 😘 I’m getting super excited and trying to make the most of seeing family and friends. I can’t believe how close it is now 😍

2 hours ago, StaceF said:

Thank you! Currently packing clothes and trying hard not to pack all of my jumpers 😂 I’ll always be a Brit at heart!

Wishing you all the best! I love having this forum as a little support group but also the wealth of knowledge and information has been absolutely incredible for getting us this far!

I can 2nd the crunchy Cheetos, the hot ones are my fave and I always used to bring them home (as many bags as I could pack) from a trip visiting my fiancé!

I'm going to MI, I'll be taking ALL the jumpers I can grab and probably wearing half of them at the same time :P

Thank you so much and the same to you! I'm sure it'll be amazing. 

This site is just the best, it's not even just the support I receive but I probably drive people nuts over here speaking about the process so much and what not, where as here it's kinda' all people want so it's a great release too 

I'll be sure to get some then 

Summary:

3 hours ago, StaceF said:

Hey, it’s been pretty cold in LA the last month, there was even snow (for about 20 minutes 😆) - you’ll definitely need some jumpers!

I’m heading out there for a visit in 3 weeks and am hoping to not be in jeans the whole time...

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Hey, it’s been pretty cold in LA the last month, there was even snow (for about 20 minutes 😆) - you’ll definitely need some jumpers!

I’m heading out there for a visit in 3 weeks and am hoping to not be in jeans the whole time...

The recent weather is definitely giving me justification for the amount of jumpers I’ve snuck in there 😂

Here’s hoping it clears for us both! I’m looking forward to buying some new shorts and shades 😎

How long will you be visiting for? 

On 3/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, StaceF said:

The recent weather is definitely giving me justification for the amount of jumpers I’ve snuck in there 😂

Here’s hoping it clears for us both! I’m looking forward to buying some new shorts and shades 😎

How long will you be visiting for? 

OH MY GOD, IT’S MOVING DAY!!

Congratulations and good luck @StaceF! Hope today goes smoothly for you and your POE at LAX is easy 🙂

I’m just out for 2.5 weeks - we’re using this time to meet with officiants, go suit shopping for Herschell and pick a florist (wedding tasks) and spend a couple of days at Disney 🙂.

12 minutes ago, LukeU said:

Just got back to Hull and sorted out. An absolute doddle and APPROVED!! :D Will be writing a post up similar to the medical one short but TLDR: APPROVED 

YAAAAY, so happy for you and Courtney!!! Knew you’d smash it - congrats! Just AP to get through now and you’re FREEEEEEE! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

4 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

YAAAAY, so happy for you and Courtney!!! Knew you’d smash it - congrats! Just AP to get through now and you’re FREEEEEEE! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Thank you so much.

That's it! Fingers crossed it's smooth from here to receiving it. I need to hand my notice in ASAP :P 

Keep me posted on yours too :D

Edited by LukeU

Summary:

3 hours ago, LukeU said:

Thank you so much.

That's it! Fingers crossed it's smooth from here to receiving it. I need to hand my notice in ASAP :P 

Keep me posted on yours too :D

Eeeek! Are you going to hand it in now or are you waiting until your visa is in hand? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.