cluster

Adminstrative processing - child visa

13 posts in this topic

Hi

I got my tourist visa renewed and a week later got my wife's visa after her interview. Both visas received within 4/5 days

Subsequently, I submitted application from our daughter's visa in dropbox, but I have not received even after 10 days. The status says its under administrative processing. Why should a child's visa need administrative processing. Could there be some problem

Please let me know

Thanks

It probably looks strange to them that you’ve applied for all 3 visas on different dates rather than the obvious way of together so I guess they are double checking stuff. I know from experience they check the parent histories & circumstances when looking at the child visa. AP is the default status while an application is being worked on by the way, even if it’s straightforward. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Even that sounds strange as records will show to them that I had to renew my visa so I was well within my right to avoid interview, and so was the case with my daughter since she is less than 14. I am just using the privileges provided by them on their website.

In fact, when I tried to create profiles for my wife and daughter under same login, I was warned that once its clubbed application, interview will be mandatory even in case of my daughter, so we decided to apply differently

On 2/26/2019 at 8:47 PM, cluster said:

Even that sounds strange as records will show to them that I had to renew my visa so I was well within my right to avoid interview, and so was the case with my daughter since she is less than 14. I am just using the privileges provided by them on their website.

In fact, when I tried to create profiles for my wife and daughter under same login, I was warned that once its clubbed application, interview will be mandatory even in case of my daughter, so we decided to apply differently

What do you mean "avoid interview"?

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean "avoid interview"?

Children under 14 don’t need to interview if one parent already has a US visa. However when we used this concession in the past, we applied for the kids at the same time as one parent was applying (the other already had a visa), which seems logical rather than the staggering here which is what I thought might look suspect, as though they are trying to hide the fact that they are applying for visas for the whole family. In some countries, adults renewing the same type of visa also don’t need to interview again.

Edited by SusieQQQ

9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Children under 14 don’t need to interview if one parent already has a US visa. However when we used this concession in the past, we applied for the kids at the same time as one parent was applying (the other already had a visa), which seems logical rather than the staggering here which is what I thought might look suspect, as though they are trying to hide the fact that they are applying for visas for the whole family. In some countries, adults renewing the same type of visa also don’t need to interview again.

Bit of a game playing going on, first the OP applied via what seems to be an interview waiver, then the wife tried her luck and got approved too. Of course the daughter followed with an interview waiver. Somewhat of gaming the system perhaps; I've seen these tactics on several India-centric forums. Coincidently, OP has threads in many of those forums. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

1 hour ago, WeGuyGal said:

Bit of a game playing going on, first the OP applied via what seems to be an interview waiver, then the wife tried her luck and got approved too. Of course the daughter followed with an interview waiver. Somewhat of gaming the system perhaps; I've seen these tactics on several India-centric forums. Coincidently, OP has threads in many of those forums. 

He wanted an explanation as to why the child might be on AP,  gave him a logical reason, he didn’t like it, well what can you do? I’m sure if he’d done it logically they’d all have had a visa together early and no stress. Sending child to interview with wife would have been much easier route, no extra cost or time. OP doesn’t seem to understand when he says “we are following processes given by them” that the way he does it can still look suspicious. 

17 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

He wanted an explanation as to why the child might be on AP,  gave him a logical reason, he didn’t like it, well what can you do? I’m sure if he’d done it logically they’d all have had a visa together early and no stress. Sending child to interview with wife would have been much easier route, no extra cost or time. OP doesn’t seem to understand when he says “we are following processes given by them” that the way he does it can still look suspicious. 

Of course he didn't like it when he got called out. 

The thing does look suspicious, all applying together could have potentially resulted in him getting denied if appearing alongwith the wife. That's what they could have been afraid of imo. So they did it one by one. Dad applied, interview waiver. Success. So the mom applies. Success. Hey, the daughter gets an interview waiver, let's apply. AP goes on for 10 days, panic and on to several forums. 

I-751 journey

Well, wow. Already judgements are passed about me

Thanks for your inputs

Seriously... ? Game being played

'Tried luck' ?

Come on,.... 

And yes, just to clarify, avoid interview is probably an inappropriate phrase. It's not actually to avoid but just using a facility being provided 

One of yu, you said I didn't like it. Oh ho, no my friend, I didn't didn't like it. I am ok and thanks for your observation. I was just responding as a normal chat 

Yep "avoid interview" might be a facility being provided, but it's not intended for a family to go about it individually.. applicant IW/then spouse/then child IW..in quick succession raised suspicions. And the ensuing panic due to the 10-12 days in AP, the embassy probably had their suspicions about the whole thing too. 

I-751 journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.