Jump to content
cluster

Adminstrative processing - child visa

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

I got my tourist visa renewed and a week later got my wife's visa after her interview. Both visas received within 4/5 days

Subsequently, I submitted application from our daughter's visa in dropbox, but I have not received even after 10 days. The status says its under administrative processing. Why should a child's visa need administrative processing. Could there be some problem

 

Please let me know

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It probably looks strange to them that you’ve applied for all 3 visas on different dates rather than the obvious way of together so I guess they are double checking stuff. I know from experience they check the parent histories & circumstances when looking at the child visa. AP is the default status while an application is being worked on by the way, even if it’s straightforward. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even that sounds strange as records will show to them that I had to renew my visa so I was well within my right to avoid interview, and so was the case with my daughter since she is less than 14. I am just using the privileges provided by them on their website.

In fact, when I tried to create profiles for my wife and daughter under same login, I was warned that once its clubbed application, interview will be mandatory even in case of my daughter, so we decided to apply differently

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 8:47 PM, cluster said:

Even that sounds strange as records will show to them that I had to renew my visa so I was well within my right to avoid interview, and so was the case with my daughter since she is less than 14. I am just using the privileges provided by them on their website.

In fact, when I tried to create profiles for my wife and daughter under same login, I was warned that once its clubbed application, interview will be mandatory even in case of my daughter, so we decided to apply differently

 

 

What do you mean "avoid interview"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean "avoid interview"?

Children under 14 don’t need to interview if one parent already has a US visa. However when we used this concession in the past, we applied for the kids at the same time as one parent was applying (the other already had a visa), which seems logical rather than the staggering here which is what I thought might look suspect, as though they are trying to hide the fact that they are applying for visas for the whole family. In some countries, adults renewing the same type of visa also don’t need to interview again.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thats odd, when we are following processes given by them and they themselves have offered to have interview waiver for children. I wanted to avoid taking daughter for interview because we don't really know how long it takes inside

 

In any case, the visa has been issued now

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Children under 14 don’t need to interview if one parent already has a US visa. However when we used this concession in the past, we applied for the kids at the same time as one parent was applying (the other already had a visa), which seems logical rather than the staggering here which is what I thought might look suspect, as though they are trying to hide the fact that they are applying for visas for the whole family. In some countries, adults renewing the same type of visa also don’t need to interview again.

Bit of a game playing going on, first the OP applied via what seems to be an interview waiver, then the wife tried her luck and got approved too. Of course the daughter followed with an interview waiver. Somewhat of gaming the system perhaps; I've seen these tactics on several India-centric forums. Coincidently, OP has threads in many of those forums. 


I-751 journey

 

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

  xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeGuyGal said:

Bit of a game playing going on, first the OP applied via what seems to be an interview waiver, then the wife tried her luck and got approved too. Of course the daughter followed with an interview waiver. Somewhat of gaming the system perhaps; I've seen these tactics on several India-centric forums. Coincidently, OP has threads in many of those forums. 

He wanted an explanation as to why the child might be on AP,  gave him a logical reason, he didn’t like it, well what can you do? I’m sure if he’d done it logically they’d all have had a visa together early and no stress. Sending child to interview with wife would have been much easier route, no extra cost or time. OP doesn’t seem to understand when he says “we are following processes given by them” that the way he does it can still look suspicious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

He wanted an explanation as to why the child might be on AP,  gave him a logical reason, he didn’t like it, well what can you do? I’m sure if he’d done it logically they’d all have had a visa together early and no stress. Sending child to interview with wife would have been much easier route, no extra cost or time. OP doesn’t seem to understand when he says “we are following processes given by them” that the way he does it can still look suspicious. 

Of course he didn't like it when he got called out. 

 

The thing does look suspicious, all applying together could have potentially resulted in him getting denied if appearing alongwith the wife. That's what they could have been afraid of imo. So they did it one by one. Dad applied, interview waiver. Success. So the mom applies. Success. Hey, the daughter gets an interview waiver, let's apply. AP goes on for 10 days, panic and on to several forums. 


I-751 journey

 

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

  xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, wow. Already judgements are passed about me

Thanks for your inputs

Seriously... ? Game being played

'Tried luck' ?

Come on,.... 

 

And yes, just to clarify, avoid interview is probably an inappropriate phrase. It's not actually to avoid but just using a facility being provided 

One of yu, you said I didn't like it. Oh ho, no my friend, I didn't didn't like it. I am ok and thanks for your observation. I was just responding as a normal chat 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep "avoid interview" might be a facility being provided, but it's not intended for a family to go about it individually.. applicant IW/then spouse/then child IW..in quick succession raised suspicions. And the ensuing panic due to the 10-12 days in AP, the embassy probably had their suspicions about the whole thing too. 


I-751 journey

 

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

  xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...