visaguy99

NVC Stage help

9 posts in this topic

So I just received NOA2 for my wife (she is in India) on Feb 22. The notice date was Feb 15th. It said they have sent the petition to NVC in New Hampshire and the NVC should send correspondence to the applicant (my wife) within 30 days. So is it 30 days from the notice date? And can I start the process before she receives the package ? I told my wife to go ahead and get her police certificate, because I know we will need it. Also anyway to find out the case number without having to wait for the NVC to send mail? I tried called NVC but it just says high call volume and hangs up. Also, any up to date guides on the nvc stage? I saw a few but they seem outdated and links seem to be broken.  Thanks for the help! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
30 minutes ago, visaguy99 said:

So I just received NOA2 for my wife (she is in India) on Feb 22. The notice date was Feb 15th. It said they have sent the petition to NVC in New Hampshire and the NVC should send correspondence to the applicant (my wife) within 30 days. So is it 30 days from the notice date? And can I start the process before she receives the package ? I told my wife to go ahead and get her police certificate, because I know we will need it. Also anyway to find out the case number without having to wait for the NVC to send mail? I tried called NVC but it just says high call volume and hangs up. Also, any up to date guides on the nvc stage? I saw a few but they seem outdated and links seem to be broken.  Thanks for the help! 

if the USCIS site says sent to DOS you can start counting it takes 6-8 weeks to get NVC case #

you have to wait to get the email from NVC to give you case # and then you need to pay fees and then you can start uploading documents, do not have her get police certificate too soon, IDK if your country have an expiration date on them or not.

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
31 minutes ago, visaguy99 said:

She should not get her police report until you get case#. in about 4 to 6 weeks start calling NVC maybe a few times a week or to your liking asking for case#.

You also want to make sure NVC has both your emails to send you both the welcome letter. In the mean time you could be getting your financials in order filling out the I864 making sure it's all ready to upload when the time comes.

go to the ceac.state.gov and click on the links to get familiar with the process and look over the DS-260 so you can be ready to fill that out also when ready.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if the USCIS site says sent to DOS you can start counting it takes 6-8 weeks to get NVC case #

you have to wait to get the email from NVC to give you case # and then you need to pay fees and then you can start uploading documents, do not have her get police certificate too soon, IDK if your country have an expiration date on them or not.

USCIS site still says case received in both sites.. doesn’t even have case approved status.  The NOA2 states petition sent to NVC. Guess that doesn’t mean it’s sent?  Nvc site says police certificate are valid for 1 year so I figured have it ready. 

5 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

She should not get her police report until you get case#. in about 4 to 6 weeks start calling NVC maybe a few times a week or to your liking asking for case#.

You also want to make sure NVC has both your emails to send you both the welcome letter. 

Unfortunate when I call nvc it just says high call volume and hangs up. Any other way to get case number. And how do I make sure they have my email? Just send them an email with both of our emails with my receipt number from USCIS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, visaguy99 said:

USCIS site still says case received in both sites.. doesn’t even have case approved status.  The NOA2 states petition sent to NVC. Guess that doesn’t mean it’s sent?  Nvc site says police certificate are valid for 1 year so I figured have it ready. 

Yes police certificates are good for a year but there's a expiry for many for submissions. I just wouldn't get a certificate 2 to 3 months before you submit.

If your status at USCIS says sent to Department of State. Then it's sent. expect about 8 to 10 weeks for that case#. It will arrive in about a week, about 3 to 4 weeks later they will have received in their system then the case 3 comes 8 to 10 weeks.

Just now, visaguy99 said:

Unfortunate when I call nvc it just says high call volume and hangs up. Any other way to get case number. And how do I make sure they have my email? Just send them an email with both of our emails with my receipt number from USCIS?

Wait for the letter. You are calling at the wrong times. Plus it's monday almost impossible to get in.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 minutes ago, visaguy99 said:

just because you h ave the letter does not mean they have sent it, I got my letter 1/17/18 it took them 3 more weeks to finally send it to NVC.

just have to be patient till you get email from NVC

1 hour ago, visaguy99 said:

Start calling on April 3.  It has been a full 8 weeks lately so they might not have a number for you until April 17.  Just relax for now.  There will be plenty of time after they assign the number to get all the paperwork together.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, visaguy99 said:

Your email addresses should have been on the I-130 and I-130A.  And it takes 8-10 weeks from receipt of your NOA2 for your file to go from USCIS to NVC, and then NVC assigns a case number.  It will do no good to call before then, all you can do is get your documents ready.  My husband and I are in the same situation, just received NOA2 so we're getting everything ready to submit, hopefully in 8-10 weeks based on all the threads here on VJ about it.  Nothing about this process is fast.  All you can do is wait some more and be ready when the NVC case number is finally assigned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.