Jump to content
Shatra takeda

NVC EXPEDITION(merged)

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello what are the major factors that fall into financial hardships when expediting a case at NVC? Is several illness and high monthly bills from the beneficiary being paid by the petitioner a reason for expedition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would wait until the case has been received and logged in at NVC (given NVC case number).


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shatra takeda said:

Hello what are the major factors that fall into financial hardships when expediting a case at NVC? Is several illness and high monthly bills from the beneficiary being paid by the petitioner a reason for expedition?

Not sure what you mean by the beneficiary "being paid by the petitioner," but that wouldn't count for financial hardship alone.  Immigration is expensive, and most of us feel a financial impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shatra takeda said:

Do u know how long that might take?

In our case, it took a month....but that was in late 2016.


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shatra takeda said:

I meant that, are the beneficiary's monthly payments that the petitioner pays fall into financial hardships can it help in the expeditition?

You can always apply for an expedite, but from all the successful expedites I have seen here on VJ, for financial hardship, it is the financial hardship of the petitioner, not of the beneficiary, that is grounds for a successful expedite.  In your case, it could even be more expensive when the beneficiary moves to the US, as the cost of living is much higher here, medical costs are much more expensive here, etc.  From a financial perspective, the two of you may be better off if he stays in a lower-cost-of-living third world country.  What evidence do you have to submit with an expedite request that you are under financial hardship now, and how would that improve if he came to the US faster?  Expedites are normally granted for extreme emergencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if you are sending the beneficiary money every month, this could be viewed negatively at the interview because it could be a red flag that he is using you for money, taking advantage of you.  So be careful how questions about these payments are answered in the interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Also, if you are sending the beneficiary money every month, this could be viewed negatively at the interview because it could be a red flag that he is using you for money, taking advantage of you.  So be careful how questions about these payments are answered in the interview.

Thank u so much well its me who refused my wife to work in her home country and i told her i would help her pay her bills everymonth until she is here, but her bills are very high yet i dont want her to work and also she fall ill alot coz in her country Malaria and typhoid are common thats why i wanted to expeditr so i stop paying bills and she will take long to fall ill as she will be here with me. Will i be granted or i should just forget about the expedition and wait?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shatra takeda said:

Thank u so much well its me who refused my wife to work in her home country and i told her i would help her pay her bills everymonth until she is here, but her bills are very high yet i dont want her to work and also she fall ill alot coz in her country Malaria and typhoid are common thats why i wanted to expeditr so i stop paying bills and she will take long to fall ill as she will be here with me. Will i be granted or i should just forget about the expedition and wait?

I suggest that you wait for two reasons:

 

1.  The NVC stage is relatively short, only a few weeks, and is one of the shortest phases of this 14-16 month process, so even if an expedite is applied and approved, it will not make much difference.  Probably by the time you applied, the expedite request was reviewed, and a decision made, it would be sent on to the embassy or consulate abroad anyway without the expedite.  If you wanted an expedite, the time to do it would have been at the very long USCIS stage--many months.  I assume that the petition has been approved and has left or soon will leave USCIS, to NVC now.

 

2.  Your financial hardship evidence relates to the beneficiary not petitioner.  Expedites are normally difficult to get, as everyone has reasons like yours all the time, or similar ones.  You will pay her bills whether she is in her home country or in the US, so that will not make a difference financially, and as I said in my earlier reply, if she has medical bills those will only increase once she comes to the US.

 

So overall, I suggest wait the few weeks until your case is processed normally at NVC and move on to your interview abroad.  You are nearing the end of the process, so hand in there, and good luck!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shatra takeda said:

I meant that, are the beneficiary's monthly payments that the petitioner pays fall into financial hardships can it help in the expeditition?

USCIS is concerned about the well-being of US citizens as related to immigration.  If she is voluntarily unemployed in her country, that isn't a reason for an expedite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

USCIS is concerned about the well-being of US citizens as related to immigration.  If she is voluntarily unemployed in her country, that isn't a reason for an expedite.

U not getting me, wat i meant to say is that i refused her to work and told her i was willing to pay her bills, but her bills expenses have turned out to be very expensive to me yet i have 4 kids over here in US can i expedite the process coz its me the petitioner facing hardships in money that way i wont have to pay her bills any more as she will be here with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shatra takeda said:

U not getting me, wat i meant to say is that i refused her to work and told her i was willing to pay her bills, but her bills expenses have turned out to be very expensive to me yet i have 4 kids over here in US can i expedite the process coz its me the petitioner facing hardships in money that way i wont have to pay her bills any more as she will be here with me.

Again, you can always try for an expedite, but at this point it won't make much difference since you already have an approved I-130 petition.  You're near the end.  And remember, you will still have to pay her bills in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

I suggest that you wait for two reasons:

 

1.  The NVC stage is relatively short, only a few weeks, and is one of the shortest phases of this 14-16 month process, so even if an expedite is applied and approved, it will not make much difference.  Probably by the time you applied, the expedite request was reviewed, and a decision made, it would be sent on to the embassy or consulate abroad anyway without the expedite.  If you wanted an expedite, the time to do it would have been at the very long USCIS stage--many months.  I assume that the petition has been approved and has left or soon will leave USCIS, to NVC now.

 

2.  Your financial hardship evidence relates to the beneficiary not petitioner.  Expedites are normally difficult to get, as everyone has reasons like yours all the time, or similar ones.  You will pay her bills whether she is in her home country or in the US, so that will not make a difference financially, and as I said in my earlier reply, if she has medical bills those will only increase once she comes to the US.

 

So overall, I suggest wait the few weeks until your case is processed normally at NVC and move on to your interview abroad.  You are nearing the end of the process, so hand in there, and good luck!

 

 

 

Wooow best advice i have ever got thank u very much yes u right i will wait after all i waited tge 8.5months so these few weekz wont be hard for me to bear. Thank u very much. Well with her medical issues she has no medical problems but the problem is with the country it has got alot of malaria and typhoid in it when i visited her i got vaccinated for malaria but i came back with a big stomach ache i dont know what happened but got better later so roughly her country isnt good for peoples health, i hope when she comes she wont have to face ol that. Thank you again ohhh yes our case was approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...