Kuneesa

DCF New Delhi / Mumbai, India

77 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Kuneesa said:

Demand Draft can be from anyone's account. It does not matter. 

y we ran into a problem scheduling the online appointment with the USCIS. What do we put down under receipt number and A number? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, AnonIndia said:

y we ran into a problem scheduling the online appointment with the USCIS. What do we put down under receipt number and A number? 

Scheduling with USCIS Delhi??? You don't need those things for I-130 filing. Just got to this link https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/intl Select country India and select the timing. You just need names for making an appointment. 

Just now, Kuneesa said:

Scheduling with USCIS Delhi??? You don't need those things for I-130 filing. Just got to this link https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/intl Select country India and select the timing. You just need names for making an appointment. 

Thank you again! I thought they would need Social Security number, passport number or something.

Timeline
Just now, AnonIndia said:

Thank you again! I thought they would need Social Security number, passport number or something.

No problem. I highly suggest you take the appointment ASAP btw. They are closing down all the international USCIS offices for I-130 filing/DCF processing. Manila office is already closed for this so it is only a matter of time before the Delhi office stops taking the applications too. Good luck with the filing. Let us know how it goes! 

Just now, Kuneesa said:

No problem. I highly suggest you take the appointment ASAP btw. They are closing down all the international USCIS offices for I-130 filing/DCF processing. Manila office is already closed for this so it is only a matter of time before the Delhi office stops taking the applications too. Good luck with the filing. Let us know how it goes! 

Wow! That is alarming! Thank You for letting us know! 

Ummm really confused.

Our i130 got approved and were instructed to  - fill out d260, get pcc, get medical, book the appointments.

I filled out d260, got off, but to get medical they want the interview date letter. I am trying to schedule the interview, but unable to due to unavailability of any appointments. I am also surprised that you guys paid a fee. We were never instructed to pay a fee or to make a demand draft. Where did you guys get the fee part from?

On the us travel docs website we see that visa fee can be paid after receiving the visa. 

Would really appreciate if you guys could guide us.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:25 AM, Kuneesa said:

(We're not doing this in India) I thought new I-130 applications will be denied soon as places close, but if you have started the process you will be ok?
For example, booking interviews etc, no big worry, because you are already in the system.
But we need to rush for that too? Scary.
Thanks

Let's see how long this DCF CR-1 takes! 😀
2019-05-22  I-130 Filed
2019-05-28  NOA1

2019-08-12  NOA2

2019-08-23  :  Packet 3 😎

Timeline
On 5/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, sandniggah said:

Ummm really confused.

Our i130 got approved and were instructed to  - fill out d260, get pcc, get medical, book the appointments.

I filled out d260, got off, but to get medical they want the interview date letter. I am trying to schedule the interview, but unable to due to unavailability of any appointments. I am also surprised that you guys paid a fee. We were never instructed to pay a fee or to make a demand draft. Where did you guys get the fee part from?

On the us travel docs website we see that visa fee can be paid after receiving the visa. 

Would really appreciate if you guys could guide us.

Are you going through the DCF process or regular CR1/IR1 filing? If it is DCF, you need to pay $535 converted to INR through DD while filing I-130 petition at USCIS, Delhi and then need to pay $325 converted to INR for visa interview fee at Mumbai Consulate General (I-130 fee: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/india-uscis-new-delhi-field-office, Visa Interview Fee: https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/paying-fees/) 

The fee of $220 which is mentioned on ustraveldocs (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#uscisivfee) is the Immigrant Visa Fee which you pay AFTER you have been approved and have your visa with your A-number. You pay that directly on the USCIS website. That fee ideally must be paid before entering the US so that your green card can be produced without any hitch. 

The interview date letter is the email/physical mail that the Bombay Embassy will send which has your case number and instructions to book an interview appointment. That's the one everyone has used to book their medical appointment in the past. 

Hope this helps! 

Edited by Kuneesa

Timeline
19 hours ago, ahiann8 said:

(We're not doing this in India) I thought new I-130 applications will be denied soon as places close, but if you have started the process you will be ok?
For example, booking interviews etc, no big worry, because you are already in the system.
But we need to rush for that too? Scary.
Thanks

From what I've heard, it is best to call the local USCIS office and ask them if they are still accepting the I-130 petitions. If they are and you submit one, you should be okay (hopefully!). The offices are going to stop accepting petitions 60 days before the official closing date (eg: Manila). But nothing is set in stone. It is best to put your petition in ASAP at this point. 

7 hours ago, Kuneesa said:

Are you going through the DCF process or regular CR1/IR1 filing? If it is DCF, you need to pay $535 converted to INR through DD while filing I-130 petition at USCIS, Delhi and then need to pay $325 converted to INR for visa interview fee at Mumbai Consulate General (I-130 fee: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/india-uscis-new-delhi-field-office, Visa Interview Fee: https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/paying-fees/) 

The fee of $220 which is mentioned on ustraveldocs (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#uscisivfee) is the Immigrant Visa Fee which you pay AFTER you have been approved and have your visa with your A-number. You pay that directly on the USCIS website. That fee ideally must be paid before entering the US so that your green card can be produced without any hitch. 

The interview date letter is the email/physical mail that the Bombay Embassy will send which has your case number and instructions to book an interview appointment. That's the one everyone has used to book their medical appointment in the past. 

Hope this helps! 

We have filed DCF. We only received an email and never received a letter in the mail.

Timeline
5 hours ago, sandniggah said:

We have filed DCF. We only received an email and never received a letter in the mail.

That should work for scheduling the medical appointment. 

On 5/21/2019 at 6:26 AM, Kuneesa said:

Hope this helps! 

Hey sorry for bothering you again. I am filing my I-130 on May 30th. Seems to be the last day to file I-130 at the USCIS Delhi field office.  But the Consular Exchange rate of 74 rupees to a dollar is only valid till 28th. I will be in Delhi from the 29th till 31st. How easy was it to get a demand draft in Delhi? Which bank did you guys use? Does it have to be the same bank as the account holder's bank or does it have to be a specific national approved bank or something? How long does it take to get a demand draft in delhi? Did you guys have cash in hand or did the bank take it out directly from your account? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, AnonIndia said:

Hey sorry for bothering you again. I am filing my I-130 on May 30th. Seems to be the last day to file I-130 at the USCIS Delhi field office.  But the Consular Exchange rate of 74 rupees to a dollar is only valid till 28th. I will be in Delhi from the 29th till 31st. How easy was it to get a demand draft in Delhi? Which bank did you guys use? Does it have to be the same bank as the account holder's bank or does it have to be a specific national approved bank or something? How long does it take to get a demand draft in delhi? Did you guys have cash in hand or did the bank take it out directly from your account? 

The consular exchange rate updates daily. So right now, it is showing the rate for 29th. Tomorrow it should show the rate for 30th. The DD process is simple. Just carry your checkbook and walk into any branch of the bank you have an account with. Go to the teller and tell them you need a DD for how much amount & to whom it is payable. They will take the check from you for that amount & give you the DD within 15-20 mins. I don't think any bank takes cash above Rs.10000 for DD. 

How did you get to know the last date of 30th May? DId USCIS Delhi confirmed it? 

1 hour ago, Kuneesa said:

The consular exchange rate updates daily. So right now, it is showing the rate for 29th. Tomorrow it should show the rate for 30th. The DD process is simple. Just carry your checkbook and walk into any branch of the bank you have an account with. Go to the teller and tell them you need a DD for how much amount & to whom it is payable. They will take the check from you for that amount & give you the DD within 15-20 mins. I don't think any bank takes cash above Rs.10000 for DD. 

How did you get to know the last date of 30th May? DId USCIS Delhi confirmed it? 

Thank you very much for the info. I have never taken out a DD in my life. They don't teach people this stuff at schools. Well I have been checking appointment dates for I-130 petition filing through the online Infopass appointment link for the past few months. It usually shows available appointment dates for the next two weeks. Now the available appointment dates stop at May 30th while it should be showing available dates the first week of June as well. I might be wrong on this. 

On 5/24/2019 at 6:42 PM, Kuneesa said:

Hey! I am a US Citizen filing I-130 for my wife (married over 2 years) , I've been continuously living in India now since early 2018 with my wife, initially on a tourist visa, now on an Entry visa with plans to get an OCI. We also have a child together, and my wife has a child from her previous marriage. I think I might be eligible for a DCF based on what I have read.. had a couple of questions

- In the intial DCF submission can USCIS Delhi also reject the application (and maybe ask us to apply in the US)? If so would that count as a denial of the petition? Its not entirely clear if USCIS Delhi can actually approve or deny the petition or just reject it (ask us to apply in Chicago)

- Evidence of residence / cohabitation - we do have a child together and lots of family photographs, FRRO registration and entry exit stamps in my  passport. But other than that, since I am living in a relatives' property, there is no lease, and I am unemployed so no work permit or employment document. No bank account either since I am using my wife's account for local transactions. Will this do? Any evidence I need to collect?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.