Kuneesa

DCF New Delhi / Mumbai, India

77 posts in this topic

The communication from the embassy usually has a suggestion about timing to clear security etc. Perhaps 15-30 minutes in advance? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, kkodi721 said:

Hi! If my appointment for I-130 filing (DCF) is at 12 PM, when should my husband and I be at the USCIS office by?

Just go in at the time mentioned at the appointment letter. They won't let anyone in before their specified time anyways. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/24/2019 at 5:02 AM, kkodi721 said:

Can we use 10th class certificate for date of birth reference?

You can, according to the document list, but I would highly suggest that you try and submit the birth certificate itself. Most of the states in India have moved it online and it is pretty easy to get one these days. It'll help speed up the process for you. 

Hey!

Could you please tell me the exact steps for getting the DD for the I-130 filing for $535?

I have my appointment booked from Infopass for May 1st - I am the petitioner and my husband is the beneficiary.

Do I  have to book an appointment via ustraveldocs.com/in as well?

I have my appointment booked, all the documents that you mentioned in your checklist, my spouse with me - anything else that I would need? (DD pending based on your response)

Greatly appreciate your help! :D

Edited by kkodi721

Timeline
2 hours ago, kkodi721 said:

Hey!

Could you please tell me the exact steps for getting the DD for the I-130 filing for $535?

I have my appointment booked from Infopass for May 1st - I am the petitioner and my husband is the beneficiary.

Do I  have to book an appointment via ustraveldocs.com/in as well?

I have my appointment booked, all the documents that you mentioned in your checklist, my spouse with me - anything else that I would need? (DD pending based on your response)

Greatly appreciate your help! :D

Hey, congratulations! 

You don't have to book any appointment via ustraveldocs as yet. That'll happen when your I-130 is accepted & processed.
You will have to make a DD of $535 converted to INR. Go to http://ustraveldocs.com/in/index.html front page and check the Current Consular Exchange Rate on the website and till when that rate is valid. Right now it is valid till 3rd May ($1 = 74 INR). So if you're submitting your application on 1st May you will have to get a DD made for Rs. 39590. The DD should be made out in favor of "American Embassy, New Delhi" and should be payable at Delhi. Check my other post here for the instructions that USCIS gave us for the DD part

Good luck for your filing! Do fill in your timeline here and keep us updated. Let me know if you need to know anything else :D 

Edited by Kuneesa

Timeline
1 hour ago, kkodi721 said:

Thank you! And about EPF? Is that needed? Or any employer proof would work? I have proof that I am employed with a company here at India and the salary slips.

Not needed. We just included as much evidence as we could to front-load the application. Your pay stubs/employment proof should be enough. 

I have filed for I-130 Petition for my husband on May 1st and submitted the requested documents. The lady was Indian and she seemed nice and asked me for additional marriage proof, luckily for me, I had extra supporting documents. She did ask a few questions here and there to both of us and we responded accordingly and it was a pleasant, smooth discussion among the 3 of us. The lady took all the documents and the DD and said those are all that was needed from our end as of now.

My husband flew from Europe (on there for work) especially for this I1-30 filing and has traveled back.

Now what are the next steps? How will we be informed on the status/progress? Any idea on approximate wait times? Will my husband have to come back to Mumbai for next step or he can proceed at the embassy at his place at Europe?

6 hours ago, kkodi721 said:

Now what are the next steps? How will we be informed on the status/progress? Any idea on approximate wait times? Will my husband have to come back to Mumbai for next step or he can proceed at the embassy at his place at Europe?

Did you guys not check DCF requirements with the embassy as discussed in a previous thread here

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
On 5/6/2019 at 2:50 AM, kkodi721 said:

I have filed for I-130 Petition for my husband on May 1st and submitted the requested documents. The lady was Indian and she seemed nice and asked me for additional marriage proof, luckily for me, I had extra supporting documents. She did ask a few questions here and there to both of us and we responded accordingly and it was a pleasant, smooth discussion among the 3 of us. The lady took all the documents and the DD and said those are all that was needed from our end as of now.

My husband flew from Europe (on there for work) especially for this I1-30 filing and has traveled back.

Hey, congrats on successfully filing the I-130. 

You will now get a physical mail/e-mail telling you that your I-130 has been approved (hopefully within 2-3 weeks but should not be more than a month. Our petition got approved in exactly one month.). Then that petition will be sent to Mumbai consulate and they will mail/email you your case number (that'll take another 2 weeks or so after approval. Our's took 3 weeks for eg.). After receiving your case number, you will go to ustraveldocs website and schedule two appointments. One for biometrics and one for the actual interview. Meanwhile, you will have to collect the PCC, get your medical done, get all the I-864/I-864a forms and get another DD for $325 (converted in INR according to applicable conversion rate) visa fee which will be payable at the time of your interview. You can read my other thread for a blow-by-blow of what all we took for our interview and what questions were asked. 

As for your husband coming back to Mumbai for the interview, if his interview is scheduled here he has to come here for that. Did USCIS tell you which embassy/consulate they will be forwarding your petition to once it is approved? 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:38 PM, Kuneesa said:

Hey, congrats on successfully filing the I-130. 

Does the Demand Draft have to be from the US petitioner or can it be from the beneficiary? Does it matter?

Timeline
Just now, AnonIndia said:

Does the Demand Draft have to be from the US petitioner or can it be from the beneficiary? Does it matter?

Demand Draft can be from anyone's account. It does not matter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.