gb2018

Moving forward with process after NOA2

63 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone!

I received an NOA2 at the beginning of February. My fiance has all the required documents (CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, Birth Certificate) ready and will be getting her passport photos soon.

The process going forward seems a bit fuzzy despite all the guides out there. If I'm understanding right, the next step is to get our NVC Case Number and she should be receiving a checklist soon and will need to follow the instructions.

Does anyone know what forms need to be completed from the instructions sent to my fiance? DS-160 and I-134? I am planning to send her the I-134 and tax returns etc. in addition to a copy of the I-129F.

Can the DS-160 be completed over the internet from the USA with your fiance on video chat? The reason why I'm asking is that my fiance is not so good with computers.

Also trying to make sure we don't miss anything else in the process that might be needed between now and her coming here.

In case it matters, my fiance is in the Philippines.

Edited by gb2018

Use Hank's website. Start at the beginning and work your way down the page. Everything is there.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

First it would be very helpful if you was to create a timeline and keep it updated. Next, follow Greenbaum's instructions above.  Also since you will have time before the actual interview you should try to get your "tax transcripts", not just your 1040s or W2s.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

13 hours ago, gb2018 said:

Can the DS-160 be completed over the internet from the USA with your fiance on video chat? The reason why I'm asking is that my fiance is not so good with computers.

Also trying to make sure we don't miss anything else in the process that might be needed between now and her coming here.

Yes, you can fill out the DS-160 with her assistance. She will need the confirmation with bar code once it is completed so you should either print that out and send with the other documents or email her the PDF and have her print it.

She will also need to pay the visa fee (see instructions on Hank's site) and she will need the payment receipt so make sure she hangs on to that. She will need her case number to do that, however.

Make sure she gets a lot of passport photos. She will need 4 for medical and interview and she will need them when she gets to the US.

She will also want some additional photos and/or chat logs since you filed the I-129F to show continuing bona fide relationship.

She can pre-register at SLEC for her medical to save time at her medical appointment though there are no scheduled appointments. First come, first serve. Case number needed.

She can register and take the CFO seminar which can be done before the interview and some people, including my fiance's CO, think it's a good idea as your fiance will get a bit of interview experience and know what to expect. She will need to collect her CFO sticker once she has her visa in hand (maybe the one drawback to taking the seminar before the interview.) Again, she will need her case number.

If she has ever lived/worked in another country for 6 months, she will need police clearances from those countries. 

Edited by pamawemo

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

First it would be very helpful if you was to create a timeline and keep it updated. Next, follow Greenbaum's instructions above.  Also since you will have time before the actual interview you should try to get your "tax transcripts", not just your 1040s or W2s.

Embassy is just fine with the 1040, others have reported back in the last few days that the embassy had no issue with the 1040   (we don't care what some weiny on FB is ranting :lol: )

13 hours ago, gb2018 said:

Good evening everyone!

I received an NOA2 at the beginning of February. My fiance has all the required documents (CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, Birth Certificate) ready and will be getting her passport photos soon.

The process going forward seems a bit fuzzy despite all the guides out there. If I'm understanding right, the next step is to get our NVC Case Number and she should be receiving a checklist soon and will need to follow the instructions.

Does anyone know what forms need to be completed from the instructions sent to my fiance? DS-160 and I-134? I am planning to send her the I-134 and tax returns etc. in addition to a copy of the I-129F.

In case it matters, my fiance is in the Philippines.

The DS-160 is an online form, you can assist with completing that if your fiancee would like the assistance, BUT she must click the actual submit button, then print out the confirmation (that is the law)

The I-134 can be scanned and emailed to your fiancee for financial support evidence, along with your most recent tax return.  (all can be scanned and emailed to your fiancee for her to print out)

Sending a copy of the I-129F is good as it now includes the BIO information on you .. which will be helpful for the interview and CFO.

:time: 

Email NVC to get your case file number (MNL#) that will give you the required document for the medical at SLEC much quicker.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Not necessary to wait for the email/letter from the embassy, you may be burning daylight if you do.  Everything is online.   Greenbaum gave you the link to the complete process .. follow the process and you will be done in short order

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, gb2018 said:

Thanks everyone for the help. I updated my timeline, and I was able to get the MNL # via e-mail, and it said we are good to start paying fees... although my fiance has not received anything in the mail yet. Does this mean we can schedule the medical now?

Medical is walk-in only.   No appointment required 

YMMV

Timeline
25 minutes ago, gb2018 said:

Thanks everyone for the help. I updated my timeline, and I was able to get the MNL # via e-mail, and it said we are good to start paying fees... although my fiance has not received anything in the mail yet. Does this mean we can schedule the medical now?

Yes.     The email from NVC is all that is needed for the medical .. and St. Luke's is the only one that asks for anything from NVC.

:thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Medical is walk-in only.   No appointment required 

42 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes.     The email from NVC is all that is needed for the medical .. and St. Luke's is the only one that asks for anything from NVC.

:thumbs:  

Thanks! Our status on the CEAC web page still says "At NVC" if that matters at all.

I'm planning to send money for fees over to my fiance now. How long does it usually take? Trying to figure out if I should be looking in to hotel accommodations for her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, gb2018 said:

Thanks! Our status on the CEAC web page still says "At NVC" if that matters at all.

I'm planning to send money for fees over to my fiance now. How long does it usually take? Trying to figure out if I should be looking in to hotel accommodations for her.

Medical is a two day affair.  Day one is the examination, Day two is typically vaccinations and results pickup

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, gb2018 said:

For completing the medical CEAC status isn't an issue.     Medical is 2 days.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

CEAC status should read READY when scheduling the interview.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Don't forget CFO GCP-seminar will be needed 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks again for all the help. I'm still kind of confused...

I know we can do the medical now, and the e-mail says we are good to pay fees. I've sent my fiance the money, BPI Deposit Slip, and everything she needs to pay the fee. DS-160 is also completed. 

Hank's guide says "Once you have your email/letter with MNL# from NVC ..and status shows READY at CEAC .. It is ROCK n ROLL time!! " then mentions paying the fee in the section after this. Does that mean we have to wait until it says ready to pay the fees? Just trying to make sure we don't screw up!

The page below is also confusing on the CEAC web page...

2019_03_04_17_18_19_Immigrant_Visa_Notice.png

Edited by gb2018

Timeline
6 minutes ago, gb2018 said:

I know we can do the medical now, and the e-mail says we are good to pay fees. I've sent my fiance the money, BPI Deposit Slip, and everything she needs to pay the fee. DS-160 is also completed. 

Hank's guide says "Once you have your email/letter with MNL# from NVC ..and status shows READY at CEAC .. It is ROCK n ROLL time!! " then mentions paying the fee in the section after this. Does that mean we have to wait until it says ready to pay the fees? Just trying to make sure we don't screw up!

No, don't have to wait ..   You can pay the visa fee before CEAC status shows READY, but the embassy doesn't want you to schedule the interview until status shows READY.   

And with the NVC letter/email you can complete the medical also.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, gb2018 said:

The page below is also confusing on the CEAC web page...

2019_03_04_17_18_19_Immigrant_Visa_Notice.png

Yes .. the K-1 is processed as an immigrant visa, so you will check status under immigrant visa.

You already completed the DS-160, did you print out a copy of the confirmation page?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes .. the K-1 is processed as an immigrant visa, so you will check status under immigrant visa.

You already completed the DS-160, did you print out a copy of the confirmation page?

Thanks Hank! We already filled the DS-160 out and have a copy of the confirmation page. 

The CEAC.state.gov/iv link from the (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/ceac-electronic-processing.html) page is what led me to the page saying "K visas are non immigrant visas ...." in the photo from my post above. That link appears to be for the immigrant visa and asks you to put in your case # and invoice #.

My fiance is on her way to pay the visa fee :)

2019-03-04 17_30_38-Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) Processing.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.