sinyanmei92

F2A adjusting status in the States from F-1 student. I-130 still pending, I-485 shows "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". Mount Laurel NJ office

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie here so I wanna apologize if my given information isn't clear. 
So my PD for I-130 is 05/22/17 (still pending) however I've heard good news that there a quite a few people are getting approved for May 2017, CSC and from my country.

I filed for AOS with I-765, I-131 06/25/18. 
I expedited my I-765 and got it early September but until now I have heard nothing about my I-131 even tho I've tried to call them 4+ times to expedite/investigate. Still nothing.
Anyways, I got RFE for I-485 last October and I already sent out the package to respond November but it seemed that they lost my package and they claimed they never received. We tried to call 5 times and they told us to wait till they respond but no respond so far, investigation was opened but no reply, tier 1 said tier 2 would call, NO CALL. NOTHING. Until we freaked out and re-sent the package once again in 02/01 (friday). 02/04 I got the status  changed " respond ... received". Okay, great this time they got it. 
Fast forward I got the status changed "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" 02/12/19, which was yesterday. 
My field office is Mt. Laurel NJ. I've read  a lot of people had to wait for 7 months + for the status to change from "ready to schedule" to ..."interview was scheduled". However, since I already sent out the i-485 last year, would it count the pending time as waiting time? Or I would have to expect the date to reset from the time they received my RFE respond? Any odd chance that I will have my interview before my I-130 is approved? I know I won't get a GC if my i-130 approved, but I just wanna make sure I understand everything clearly.

Looking forward to any helpful inputs/experience. Thank you so much! 

3 minutes ago, sinyanmei92 said:

Fast forward I got the status changed "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" 02/12/19, which was yesterday. 
My field office is Mt. Laurel NJ. I've read  a lot of people had to wait for 7 months + for the status to change from "ready to schedule" to ..."interview was scheduled". However, since I already sent out the i-485 last year, would it count the pending time as waiting time? Or I would have to expect the date to reset from the time they received my RFE respond?

"Ready to schedule" means you're in the queue to be scheduled. The wait time would vary based on the availability of appointments at your local office. Probably from the date the received the RFE though. 

6 minutes ago, sinyanmei92 said:

Any odd chance that I will have my interview before my I-130 is approved?

Not a chance. The I-130 has to be approved before the I-485 can be approved. They can approve both the same day, but not I-485 before I-130. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

Probably from the date the received the RFE though. 

This is what I expected to hear but it would upset me the most. But thank you so much for the info! I figured it would take that long anyways. I should have re-sent my response earlier. Now the waiting game's just begun 😭

4 minutes ago, sinyanmei92 said:

This is what I expected to hear but it would upset me the most. But thank you so much for the info! I figured it would take that long anyways. I should have re-sent my response earlier. Now the waiting game's just begun 😭

yeah, but it's like getting an appointment at the doctor's office though, maybe there is a cancellation and they can fit you in. Who knows!

Timeline
Just now, USS_Voyager said:

yeah, but it's like getting an appointment at the doctor's office though, maybe there is a cancellation and they can fit you in. Who knows!

I'm crossing my fingers for the best to come ;) I'm pregnant and due July this year so I just hope I get done with all of the paperwork and headache from USCIS before my baby is born lol

Thank you so much for the helpful advice :)

1 hour ago, sinyanmei92 said:

I'm crossing my fingers for the best to come ;) I'm pregnant and due July this year so I just hope I get done with all of the paperwork and headache from USCIS before my baby is born lol

Thank you so much for the helpful advice :)

Congratulations! Welcome to parenthood! It will be lots of tears and joys! Chuc mung!

Timeline
1 hour ago, USS_Voyager said:

Congratulations! Welcome to parenthood! It will be lots of tears and joys! Chuc mung!

OMG, thank you so much!  I was surprised when you said " chuc mung" haha but I'm touched. 
Have a great day! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey I just wanna give a quick update of my case as I just received a text from uscis saying interview was scheduled! 

F2A 
I-130 pending Pd 05/22/17

i-485 06/25/18

Sent package again 02/01 Friday
Received 02/02 Certified mail 
02/04 Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review

02/11/19: Expedite request placed
T1B0421902650MTL respond 02/16/19 

Denied- expedite request - your case is in line to be scheduled for an interview

02/12/19: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
02/23/19: Interview was scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.