JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, PRIG said:

I have 2 months left on my DS2019. and still NOS is not updated on DOS (> than a month). Is there any possibility in your experience that I would get FR before my DS expires? I know that's a stupid question but it's just so panicky situation. 

Do you have any update? I guess you have 20 days left. I hope you have got some news. 

This is my Case Time line. Can any one please tell me how much time DS take in the decision. My program was funded by DS, i completed the program and went back to my country but didn't complete 2 years residency requirement. One of my friend told me that its very difficult to get the Waiver; but my home country gave me the waiver after the months long arguments1.thumb.jpg.f5cb9472dc05b07e4e5bafc20898d5b4.jpg. can any one please guide me in this perspective. Thanks

21 hours ago, FBA said:

This is my Case Time line. Can any one please tell me how much time DS take in the decision. My program was funded by DS, i completed the program and went back to my country but didn't complete 2 years residency requirement. One of my friend told me that its very difficult to get the Waiver; but my home country gave me the waiver after the months long arguments1.thumb.jpg.f5cb9472dc05b07e4e5bafc20898d5b4.jpg. can any one please guide me in this perspective. Thanks

Did you send the passport data page separately? Why did it appear after the original packet which was received months ago? (Asking because my application does not have the passport data page neither and I didn't send one back).

15 minutes ago, J1student said:

Did you send the passport data page separately? Why did it appear after the original packet which was received months ago? (Asking because my application does not have the passport data page neither and I didn't send one back).

i send all the things together ie G28 and passport but i dont know why it appear later. and today they ask the review from my sponsor.image.thumb.png.c6d4fefc3eccc9f5f59027c1d1b59e8b.png

On 7/29/2020 at 9:59 PM, J1toH1 said:

Sure. We are in exactly same situation according to the timeline. So, let us keep each other posted and hope we get to see our status online soon!

Thanks!

Hello, I finally got to see my case online today. It says that it received DS 2019, DS-3035, Fee and Statement of reason received as of August 2. However, passport data page and no objection statement is still not showing. Did you see something on your end?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 11:05 AM, FBA said:

i send all the things together ie G28 and passport but i dont know why it appear later. and today they ask the review from my sponsor.image.thumb.png.c6d4fefc3eccc9f5f59027c1d1b59e8b.png

You mentioned that your program was sponsored by DoS. What was the program? Also, keep in mind, that just because the country gave you a "No Objection", that doesn't mean that DoS will also approve the waiver application.

21 hours ago, KurosawaSan said:

You mentioned that your program was sponsored by DoS. What was the program? Also, keep in mind, that just because the country gave you a "No Objection", that doesn't mean that DoS will also approve the waiver application.

It was a journalist exchange program of one month. I came to US and then went back but didn’t complete 2 years. I got married here and now requested waiver as I didn’t complete my two year’s residency. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, heonss said:

I just got my FR! Hope yours has been received too or will be soon!

503B6BD4-1F08-47D9-990A-3740CE25FF11.png

Thanks a lot for the update. My DHS Application got an FR on August 7th.

Capture.thumb.PNG.1c2993ac1008de1da2ea95c929a61226.PNG

I finally got an update to report:

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS:                                                                  May 22nd 2020

Check was cashed:                                                                                                June 1st 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     August 4th 2020

Application packet was sent to German Embassy:                                          May 22nd 2020

German Embassy requested additional documents:                                       June 8th 2020

Sending additional documents to German Embassy:                                      June 9th 2020

German Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                  June 22nd 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                    August 5th 2020

More updates to come...

image.png.e79ce6daf0b891b8d9b95819c1b34458.png

Edited by BaiLong

23 minutes ago, BaiLong said:

I finally got an update to report:

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS:                                                                  May 22nd 2020

Check was cashed:                                                                                                June 1st 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     August 4th 2020

Application packet was sent to German Embassy:                                          May 22nd 2020

German Embassy requested additional documents:                                       June 8th 2020

Sending additional documents to German Embassy:                                      June 9th 2020

German Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                  June 22nd 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                    August 5th 2020

More updates to come...

image.png.e79ce6daf0b891b8d9b95819c1b34458.png

Thank for the update. My documents were received on July 2. So, I hope, based on your timeline, I can see something on my case around 1st week of September.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, J1student said:

Congratulations! The passport data page showed up after the other documents? did you re-send it or contact them about this?

Hi Thanks,

I had only sent all the documents when it went to the lock box. I had not submitted anything next or called them to enquire about it. I had found in this forum that many people got FR where even when the passport page was not updated. Then suddenly they updated my passport page on July21.

I FINALLY got my favorable recommendation, 23 weeks after sending my documents (the delay might in parts be due to extremely bad timing as I initiated the process just before all the lockdowns happened). Hopefully everyone else's moves faster than mine.

Application package sent to St. Louis - March 2nd, 2020

Check cashed - March 9th

Embassy sent NOS - March 15th

Application package received in online system - April 30th

Embassy sent NOS again - May 15th

NOS received in online system - June 10th

Recommendation sent - August 10th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.