JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, clevercard said:

Does anybody know where can I find this number? I don't see it anywhere.

If you mean the number for USCIS case tracking, I do not think that you can find it anywhere. You need to wait when you will receive mail from USCIS with the tracking number. Another option will be to call to USCIS and ask for the tracking number, I think that some people did that in cases when they did not get any USCIS letter even several weeks after the DOS approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

So to share my experience with anybody in the same boat, I got FR sent on July 27th but haven’t gotten any notice or approval mailed even until now. I believe it was because I put my home country address instead of the US one since I’m already out of country. I contacted USCIS yesterday and managed to get my case number. it was already approved on 14th, August. The operator confirmed I could obtain another copy if it never arrives but the inquiry should be made after 30 days of approval. I’m waiting for 14th, September to claim the new copy.

EDCDC122-E686-4965-AEE2-F492F6628F3F.jpeg

On 9/3/2020 at 1:15 PM, Waiver 2019/2020 said:

Hi J1Issues

Is there any movement in your case? 

Yes, it is on hold and they are asking a non- USCIS advisory opinion, and this case I think it is DOS. I sent DOS my package December last year and they did not review anything yet, I believe they will do so with USCIS request.

How about yours?

2 hours ago, J1Issues said:

Yes, it is on hold and they are asking a non- USCIS advisory opinion, and this case I think it is DOS. I sent DOS my package December last year and they did not review anything yet, I believe they will do so with USCIS request.

How about yours?

Wow! This very good news for you. You are right, your case transferred to the DOS

Hopefully the DOS will start working on your case soon

When your case status changed to on hold? because we have almost same timeline 

USCIS is still reviewing my case and there is no movement yet

Honestly, I am a bit worried. I filed SR back in July and the response I got was that the case is being adjudicated and should receive notice of action within 60 days. However, there isn't any updates yet. By mid of September, the 60 days period will end

I am planning to raise a new SR. It has a been more than a year since I first filed my case. Waiting is really painful

Can you do me a favor, would you please log into your account in the DOS website the waiver section and let me know when the last time the status was updated

Mine was last updated August 28th. Is the same date visible for your case

ya rab.jpg

Edited by Waiver 2019/2020

On 9/5/2020 at 3:24 AM, Waiver 2019/2020 said:

Wow! This very good news for you. You are right, your case transferred to the DOS

Hopefully the DOS will start working on your case soon

When your case status changed to on hold? because we have almost same timeline 

USCIS is still reviewing my case and there is no movement yet

Honestly, I am a bit worried. I filed SR back in July and the response I got was that the case is being adjudicated and should receive notice of action within 60 days. However, there isn't any updates yet. By mid of September, the 60 days period will end

I am planning to raise a new SR. It has a been more than a year since I first filed my case. Waiting is really painful

Can you do me a favor, would you please log into your account in the DOS website the waiver section and let me know when the last time the status was updated

Mine was last updated August 28th. Is the same date visible for your case

ya rab.jpg

I hope so thank you and yes use every option and maybe they update it by then. They put on hold recently on August 30. But there is no update from DOS and I have the same status last updated in DOS page. I think its due to their system.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:11 AM, heonss said:

So to share my experience with anybody in the same boat, I got FR sent on July 27th but haven’t gotten any notice or approval mailed even until now. I believe it was because I put my home country address instead of the US one since I’m already out of country. I contacted USCIS yesterday and managed to get my case number. it was already approved on 14th, August. The operator confirmed I could obtain another copy if it never arrives but the inquiry should be made after 30 days of approval. I’m waiting for 14th, September to claim the new copy.

EDCDC122-E686-4965-AEE2-F492F6628F3F.jpeg

Thanks for this info - I am also still waiting for my approval notice (online approval end of August), which hasn't arrived yet although I am still in the US. I will wait a bit longer to ask for a new one then....

Hey guys, attached is the USCIS status I'm seeing online with the given I-612 receipt no. It's weird that instead of showing any status its saying that my application transferred from another office (didn't understand what does this imply). Also the I-797C  notice which I received do not mention any other information except the receipt no. It's been >2 weeks since I got FR drom dos. Could anyone here please help me to interpret what does that mean or someone else who is going through / or had similar experience?

appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

USCIS staus-1.JPG

23 minutes ago, PRIG said:

Hey guys, attached is the USCIS status I'm seeing online with the given I-612 receipt no. It's weird that instead of showing any status its saying that my application transferred from another office (didn't understand what does this imply). Also the I-797C  notice which I received do not mention any other information except the receipt no. It's been >2 weeks since I got FR drom dos. Could anyone here please help me to interpret what does that mean or someone else who is going through / or had similar experience?

appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

USCIS staus-1.JPG

Hi PRIG, I had the same status and was confused. I think it just means they assigned your case to another USCIS office due to work overload. It's not a bad thing. My case was approved just a few days later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.