JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am having an issue for the last 1 week. My DOS page shows "Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please contact Public Inquiries at 212ewaiver@state.gov." message for the last 7 days. Earlier, it was in pending stage. Is there anyone also in the same situation? Please let me know. 

4 hours ago, j1_nocwaiver said:

Hi 

Can you apply for the H1B before the the arrival of USCIS hard copy? I meant to say , is it possible to apply for H1b visa with the DOS favorable recommendation in hand only? 

Yes. You can apply as soon as you get your FR online. You don't even need to wait for the hard copy from DoS etc. You can submit the final approval notice later. 

4 hours ago, sad_postdoc said:

Yeah - I've heard that this proclamation was in the works. Can they do your petition before it is rolled out. Cap-exempt premium processing starts June 15th? 

I am in the US, my hope is that change of status is not affected, but who knows. It is a bad, tough time for us. 

Yes! I have asked my employer to file the petition asap. They initially wanted to wait for the approval notice but I hope they can just submit the petition right away. They were going to do do premium processing - which yes, starts from June 15th for cap-exempt category (I am under that). Its such a tough time :( 

5 hours ago, anu55 said:

Yes! I have asked my employer to file the petition asap. They initially wanted to wait for the approval notice but I hope they can just submit the petition right away. They were going to do do premium processing - which yes, starts from June 15th for cap-exempt category (I am under that). Its such a tough time :( 

Fingers crossed!!! 

8 hours ago, j1_nocwaiver said:

Hi All

I am having an issue for the last 1 week. My DOS page shows "Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please contact Public Inquiries at 212ewaiver@state.gov." message for the last 7 days. Earlier, it was in pending stage. Is there anyone also in the same situation? Please let me know. 

My status also dissapeared - it was still there yesterday. I think things like this  happened in the past, so hopefully it will appear again soon.

2 hours ago, Yasi-66 said:

Hi All,

Have anyone requested for an an expedition to the waiver application processing recently? or received an approval for expedited processing by the Waiver Review Department?

Hi,

Yes, I requested expediting processing two weeks back and it was denied.

12 hours ago, Yasi-66 said:

Hi All,

Have anyone requested for an an expedition to the waiver application processing recently? or received an approval for expedited processing by the Waiver Review Department?

When waiting for my waiver, I had asked the waiver department about expedited processing and they clearly said it only applies to those who can prove there is hardship or government interest in your potential employment for which you are applying for the J1 waiver! 

Edited by anu55

On 6/12/2020 at 7:12 PM, Veronikac said:

Hi,

Yes, I requested expediting processing two weeks back and it was denied.

I'm so sorry. 

On 6/13/2020 at 5:03 AM, anu55 said:

When waiting for my waiver, I had asked the waiver department about expedited processing and they clearly said it only applies to those who can prove there is hardship or government interest in your potential employment for which you are applying for the J1 waiver! 

My expedition request was approved about 3 weeks ago. I guess because my work is related to COVID. I just sent them my H1b contract, and they approved my request immediately!!! However, there is still no update (pending). Do you guys know how long it takes for an expedited case to get FR? I applied based on NOS.

Also, on Friday, I got an email in response to my previous email one month ago! It said, "We have checked our files and still there is no record of having received your application from the U.S. Bank in St. Louis, MO. If you submitted the fee by check or money order, please provide us with a copy that indicates the fee has been paid. In addition, please send a copy of the complete package that you submitted"!!!!!

In the online system, all of my documents were received!!! I'm panicked 😨
I honestly don't know what I should do?

timeline.thumb.PNG.85c8010ea152b8067ae6c35c484865e1.PNG

32 minutes ago, Yasi-66 said:

I'm so sorry. 

My expedition request was approved about 3 weeks ago. I guess because my work is related to COVID. I just sent them my H1b contract, and they approved my request immediately!!! However, there is still no update (pending). Do you guys know how long it takes for an expedited case to get FR? I applied based on NOS.

Also, on Friday, I got an email in response to my previous email one month ago! It said, "We have checked our files and still there is no record of having received your application from the U.S. Bank in St. Louis, MO. If you submitted the fee by check or money order, please provide us with a copy that indicates the fee has been paid. In addition, please send a copy of the complete package that you submitted"!!!!!

In the online system, all of my documents were received!!! I'm panicked 😨
I honestly don't know what I should do?

timeline.thumb.PNG.85c8010ea152b8067ae6c35c484865e1.PNG

That is great that you were approved for expedited processing. Congratulation! DOS told me that they will finish my application way before my J1 will expire and for that reason there is no need for expedited processing (my J1 expires on April 2021). Can I just ask you when your J1 expires? 

Regarding the email which you received, there is a possibility that they messed up something and gave you the wrong information and all your documents were receiver but I would rather sent them all what they requested to make the whole process faster for you. Maybe add in the email screenshot of your timeline from the DOS website and ask them what is going on with your application.

Good luck!

Edited by Veronikac

1 hour ago, Veronikac said:

That is great that you were approved for expedited processing. Congratulation! DOS told me that they will finish my application way before my J1 will expire and for that reason there is no need for expedited processing (my J1 expires on April 2021). Can I just ask you when your J1 expires? 

Regarding the email which you received, there is a possibility that they messed up something and gave you the wrong information and all your documents were receiver but I would rather sent them all what they requested to make the whole process faster for you. Maybe add in the email screenshot of your timeline from the DOS website and ask them what is going on with your application.

Good luck!

My J1 expiration date is March 2021 in my DS-2019. However my start date for the new employment is July 2020, which I need H1b visa to start. I'm afraid that I may withdraw their offer.😔
I sent DoS the email with my timeline. Still no response...

Thank you for your advice. I hope we both get some good news soon.🤞

1 hour ago, Yasi-66 said:

My J1 expiration date is March 2021 in my DS-2019. However my start date for the new employment is July 2020, which I need H1b visa to start. I'm afraid that I may withdraw their offer.😔
I sent DoS the email with my timeline. Still no response...

Thank you for your advice. I hope we both get some good news soon.🤞

Now I see why you need to move fast in the waiver process. Send them all the documents even though they probably already have them and I think that it should be fine. I am pretty sure that with expedited processing they will be able to send the favorable recommendation very fast and once you will have the FR from DIS your H1b employer can start the process. 

Good luck and let's hope for the best!

9 hours ago, Pygargos13 said:

Hello everybody,

Has anyone sent their application during april and it has been more than 8 weeks already and the application has not showed up in the system?

I am in a similar status with @Yasi-66 and I could use any guidance.

Thanks so much in advance and good luck to everybody

Don't worry. It took more than 12 weeks for my documents to appear on the online system!!! 

You can send an email to 212ewaiver@state.gov. They usually answer in 4 weeks!

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.