JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, waiver_req said:

Got it. I sent a letter to my visa sponsor, as that may be the only recipient for this request that I can imagine.

they were aware of my waiver request, but never hurts to refresh their minds :)

At least you're able to contact your sponsors, mine are hidden, can't even find a contact info that works lmao

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, waiver_req said:

Got it. I sent a letter to my visa sponsor, as that may be the only recipient for this request that I can imagine.

they were aware of my waiver request, but never hurts to refresh their minds :)

Happy it's working out! Waiting for the Favourable Response Now.😁

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR J1 WAIVER TIMELINE and STATUS of APPLICATION...!

I see this is the only forum very active in updating the J1 waiver timelines and tips. 

I request all users and the people who are just checking this forum and not updating their status, please register and update your J1 waiver timeline and status of your J1 waiver timeline.

UPDATING YOUR TIMELINE and STATUS of APPLICATION WILL HELP OTHERS too.

I've applied for a J1 waiver on July 18th (see my Status of Application attached).

I have a job offer and will change my Visa to a H1b. My employer is not subjected to the cap.

They need me ASAP and asked me to speed up the process as much as possible.

Besides premium processing for the H1b, I am wondering if anybody here knows when would they be able to file a H1b petition for me? Can they file now while my waiver is still being processed? Can they file only after the DoS issues a favorable recommendation? Or should they file only when I receive the waiver from the USCIS?

I did some online search and apparently there are two strategies. The safe one is to wait for the waiver letter. The second is filling the H1b petition after having a favorable recommendation from the DoS, while it is been processed by the USCIS. In the worst case scenario, the USCIS might ask for a Request of Evidence for the waiver, which could buy some time until the letter is sent.

Does anyone have some experience in this matter?

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.352fe00cc86ff8cfa65f55f396d8ba4c.png

Timeline
On 8/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, mibarillas said:

I don't know if it helps but mine was a fav recommendation on the 29...and still haven't received the letter from DOS either (3 weeks) or the receipt number of USCIS. 

Hopefully this week...best of luck 

is there any update from DOS or USCIS in your case. Please post if you have any new updates. My case, DOS sent Favorable recommendation on August 7 and i have not received any letter from either DOS or USCIS.

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
7 minutes ago, KKR said:

is there any update from DOS or USCIS in your case. Please post if you have any new updates. My case, DOS sent Favorable recommendation on August 7 and i have not received any letter from either DOS or USCIS.

No.. I'm desperate.. I've been calling and live chatting every day with USCIS and they can't find my file... I sent them an email to lockbox to see if they had my file but never responded [someone mention before in this post that DOS is sending them electronically but I honestly don't know].

Yesterday I sent an email to DOS bc the people from the call center told me to get in touch with them.

Apparently if you call or live chat with them you only reach tier 1 which is made of the ppl who work in the call center and you should talk to tier 2 which are the real immigration officers, but every time they tell me they are going to forward me they are busy... It also doesn't help that I'm currently outside the US so they can't call back my number, maybe you could try?...

I'm sorry my program is also desperate I'm afraid I'm going to loose my spot.. 

Please let me know if you get more info too. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mibarillas said:

No.. I'm desperate.. I've been calling and live chatting every day with USCIS and they can't find my file... I sent them an email to lockbox to see if they had my file but never responded [someone mention before in this post that DOS is sending them electronically but I honestly don't know].

Yesterday I sent an email to DOS bc the people from the call center told me to get in touch with them.

Apparently if you call or live chat with them you only reach tier 1 which is made of the ppl who work in the call center and you should talk to tier 2 which are the real immigration officers, but every time they tell me they are going to forward me they are busy... It also doesn't help that I'm currently outside the US so they can't call back my number, maybe you could try?...

I'm sorry my program is also desperate I'm afraid I'm going to loose my spot.. 

Please let me know if you get more info too. 

Today, I was calling USCIS and they asked me my name and Date of Birth, and they checked and told me that i should wait atleast 30 days to get receipt number.

I will call again USCIS tommorow. I will update you, if i get any new information. 

i see most of the people got the waiver in 2-3 weeks after DOS Favorable Recommendation. 

20 hours ago, KKR said:

Today, I was calling USCIS and they asked me my name and Date of Birth, and they checked and told me that i should wait atleast 30 days to get receipt number.

I will call again USCIS tommorow. I will update you, if i get any new information. 

i see most of the people got the waiver in 2-3 weeks after DOS Favorable Recommendation. 

Have u received the letter sent from DoS?

31 minutes ago, fetom said:

hey people,

is the status working for you guys today? when I try to check my status, it shows that there's no information regarding the status of my case.

Same here 

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 8/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, KKR said:

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR J1 WAIVER TIMELINE and STATUS of APPLICATION...!

I see this is the only forum very active in updating the J1 waiver timelines and tips. 

I request all users and the people who are just checking this forum and not updating their status, please register and update your J1 waiver timeline and status of your J1 waiver timeline.

UPDATING YOUR TIMELINE and STATUS of APPLICATION WILL HELP OTHERS too.

Just updating my case hopefully helps anyone

Sent all my paperwork on June 14 (DS3035 and embassy paperwork for NOC)

my embassy filed the NOC on 19 of June

The check was cashed on June 22  

it took exactly one month to appear in DOS

with Fee/form ds3035/form ds2019/ passport id page/statement of reason/other =dated July 18 2019 (but appeared in the page till July 20)

July 23 = sent email asking for an expedite to DOS.. just a regular email to 212e explaining that my program had already started and if there was a possible way to get it faster and explaining that my Non Objection was sent before. My Case is NOT Gov funded, and I already had an H1B approved. 

Non Objection statement July 25, 2019 [although My embassy filed it by mail the June 19 and re faxed it July 11]

July 29= they responded (by email) telling me they had sent a fav recommendation (DOS site was updating July 30)

Till today I haven't received anything not from the DOS or USCIS.

My mailing address is in the US [Boston] which is different from my main address. 

I've been calling and live chatting every other day and they say to wait 30 days... apparently they can't find my file. 

Best of luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.