Jump to content
eskimo85

Medical exam question

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

They say you need an ACRO report for the medical exam and the interview. Therefore, do you need to obtain 2 copies of the ACRO report or does the medical just look at the ACRO and return it?

 

also, my fiancé is going to London to do his medical and wants to do it a couple of days before his interview so he can get both done in one visit. Will this be an issue or just delay our approval by a few days?

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eskimo85 said:

They say you need an ACRO report for the medical exam and the interview. Therefore, do you need to obtain 2 copies of the ACRO report or does the medical just look at the ACRO and return it?

 

also, my fiancé is going to London to do his medical and wants to do it a couple of days before his interview so he can get both done in one visit. Will this be an issue or just delay our approval by a few days?

 

Thank you!

 

They give the police certificate back so you have it for interview.

 

The embassy will still do the interview without the medical on file. The delay will be more than a few days. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~moved to UK regional forum from K1 process and procedures.  Topic is regionally specific ~~


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knightsbridge make a copy of the police certificate and you get it back so only need to order one. 

 

I’d allow for a delay of up to 2 weeks if you do the medical and interview that close together.


 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eskimo85 said:

They say you need an ACRO report for the medical exam and the interview. Therefore, do you need to obtain 2 copies of the ACRO report or does the medical just look at the ACRO and return it?

 

also, my fiancé is going to London to do his medical and wants to do it a couple of days before his interview so he can get both done in one visit. Will this be an issue or just delay our approval by a few days?

 

Thank you!

Hello,

 

I had my medical yesterday and when you go to reception they'll ask for each of the documents and make copies of them. I personally took copies of everything just to hand over to them. They will keep the photo ID (I used passport) until the end of the appointment and then return this to you. 

 

They will inform you on the day to allow at least 7 days to ensure that your medical gets to the embassy in time. If your medical is not there and the day they'll have to wait to receive the medical to approve your visa. So it'll just delay your approval up until then, but as master @Wuozopo  said, it would likely be more than a few days. I always like to err on the side of caution and give them more time just so it can be as smooth as possible 🙂 But I'm a Planner in my profession soooo 

Edited by LukeU

Met while I was on holiday:  11/01/2017

Agreed that we were an item: 11/09/2017

She said yes: 04/06/2018

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA1 dated: 06/14/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

P3 Letter received: 01/19/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been taking longer than they say on the website to get the medical results sent over and in your interview file. And when something is missing, you interrupt their work flow. Instead of moving straight on toward issuing of visa immediately after the interview, your file is in a pile to get back to. They won't jump on backtracking to your file the day it arrives. So you are waiting on somebody to take the time to go dig out your file, check the medical, then put it back in the work flow. That's why I say more than a few days delay...longer to receive the medical than you think, plus an unknown delay for somebody to get back to your file because they are busy with the daily interviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It's been taking longer than they say on the website to get the medical results sent over and in your interview file. And when something is missing, you interrupt their work flow. Instead of moving straight on toward issuing of visa immediately after the interview, your file is in a pile to get back to. They won't jump on backtracking to your file the day it arrives. So you are waiting on somebody to take the time to go dig out your file, check the medical, then put it back in the work flow. That's why I say more than a few days delay...longer to receive the medical than you think, plus an unknown delay for somebody to get back to your file because they are busy with the daily interviews. 

Thank for all the helpful advice!

 

Is it better you think to reschedule the interview for a later day then so there’s plenty of time to receive the medical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, eskimo85 said:

Thank for all the helpful advice!

 

Is it better you think to reschedule the interview for a later day then so there’s plenty of time to receive the medical?

 

It won't really hurt your interview. Just know not to panic when the visa doesn't come in 7-10 days like they tell you. I just wanted you to be aware of reasons why it can take longer and they are normal. The medical may take 10-14 calendar days to get in your file assuming all goes well at the exam and they don't have something additional for you to get from your GP. Review what to bring to the medical here http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

 

Tip: get all needed shots before the exam so you are cleared for adjustment of status. Otherwise you have to pay another doctor in the US to sign off. Many of them insist on a new full medical exam. You could save $$$ by getting signed off on shots at your visa exam. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×