HP+IC

Ukraine DS-160 for K1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So I started filling in my DS-160 and stumbled upon two questions that made me confused. So, my 'US contact' is my fiance, I choose the category 'US Petitioner' which he for sure is, enter his last and given names but why is the questionnaire requesting his company name? Will it be OK if I put 'Don't know'? Of course I do know but it seems totally irrelevant to the question, so shall I put it? Or do I have to choose 'Other' and fill in whatever blah-blah it asks for, like his street address etc? There is a separate section which asks specifically about 'Your fiance'.

Second question is under 'communicable diseases' part, namely, do you have documents proofing your vaccinations to the US standard? I do have some documents, some of my childhood records are lost, some of diseases I did have, so I am immune and don't need vaccinations. I haven't yet done my medical, so  I guess 90% it will be sorted out by the interview time. If I put 'no', I am requested to explain. Will it be correct to put 'Yes', taking into account the fact that the same questions will be asked and resolved at the medical?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

So I started filling in my DS-160 and stumbled upon two questions that made me confused. So, my 'US contact' is my fiance, I choose the category 'US Petitioner' which he for sure is, enter his last and given names but why is the questionnaire requesting his company name? Will it be OK if I put 'Don't know'? Of course I do know but it seems totally irrelevant to the question, so shall I put it? Or do I have to choose 'Other' and fill in whatever blah-blah it asks for, like his street address etc? There is a separate section which asks specifically about 'Your fiance'.  Best to answer honestly.  When they ask for the information, just provide it.  By stating you don't know, could give them the impression that you don't know your fiancé very well.  They can easily find out everything anyway.  

Second question is under 'communicable diseases' part, namely, do you have documents proofing your vaccinations to the US standard? I do have some documents, some of my childhood records are lost, some of diseases I did have, so I am immune and don't need vaccinations. I haven't yet done my medical, so  I guess 90% it will be sorted out by the interview time. If I put 'no', I am requested to explain. Will it be correct to put 'Yes', taking into account the fact that the same questions will be asked and resolved at the medical?

Recommend putting "NO".  For explanation "Will get up to date vaccinations as required per medical in Kiev."

Thank you

Timeline

Thanks. With respect to the US contact I ended up putting it as 'relative' because, as it appeared in a section later, fiance is considered an immediate relative. So, if you choose a relative, friend or spouse as a contact, organization name goes dim and the system automatically marks it as 'Don't know'. Go figure 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, HP+IC said:

Thank you

Just an FYI and you may already know this but the vaccinations aren't required for the K-1 Medical.  However, they are required to adjust status.  Many decide to have them done in their home country and signed off on at medical because it is much cheaper to have them done in their home country than in the US.  Therefore, make sure you provide those documents to the doctor at the medical and have them write that informatation in the vaccination form - i believe its the DS-3025.  Otherwise, you will have to go through that process when you go to adjust status through a USCIS approved doctor in the states.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 11:45 PM, HP+IC said:

So I started filling in my DS-160 and stumbled upon two questions that made me confused. So, my 'US contact' is my fiance, I choose the category 'US Petitioner' which he for sure is, enter his last and given names but why is the questionnaire requesting his company name? Will it be OK if I put 'Don't know'? Of course I do know but it seems totally irrelevant to the question, so shall I put it? Or do I have to choose 'Other' and fill in whatever blah-blah it asks for, like his street address etc? There is a separate section which asks specifically about 'Your fiance'.

Thank you

I put US Petitioner. And yes, you should put his company if the question asks for that. I Don't Know is not a valid response. If he is going to be your husband how could you not know what his company is? And even if you didn't (which it would be a red flag if you didn't, they ask that question in the interview), a normal person would just ask their "relative" or US Petitioner for the answer and write it. You don't get to tell the US Government that their question is irrelevant. That's just silly. LOL. Just answer the question.

We put YES for the Medical Question because in theory we would have whatever proof you need from the Medical Exam before your interview. That is what we were told to put.

Good luck to you!

Timeline

I ended up putting 'relative' for my DS-160 and 'other' for my son's DS-160, with 'don't know' for fiance's job. He is not required to know. I also put 'No' for vaccinations because I really don't know whether or not I have or will have records of being vaccinated up to the American standard by the time of the medical. I booked a lab test for tomorrow which will show if I am immune to measles, mumps, varicella and rubella, which I should be, partly due to childhood vaccinations and partly due to having been previously ill. I am going to do the same for my son for varicella only, because his pediatrician happened to miss a record of illness in his file. Anyway, varicella shot is not available in Ukraine, and we technically can not declare that we have a record 'of being vaccinated' for varicella, so if I answer yes, it will not be true.

Edited by HP+IC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.