Jump to content
Olga&Jared

No USCIS status update after receiving NOA2

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

 

I have a quick question regarding USCIS status updates. 

 

My fiancé received a physical NOA2 letter on 26th of January, we got approved on 18th. I checked our USCIS status, and it still shows the same information as it did after we got NOA1. It's been over 2 weeks now. 

 

Should I care about this status update or it doesn't matter since we have an actual NOA2? 

 

Olga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olga&Jared said:

Hey guys,

 

I have a quick question regarding USCIS status updates. 

 

My fiancé received a physical NOA2 letter on 26th of January, we got approved on 18th. I checked our USCIS status, and it still shows the same information as it did after we got NOA1. It's been over 2 weeks now. 

 

Should I care about this status update or it doesn't matter since we have an actual NOA2? 

 

Olga

Doesn't matter, hardcopy NOA2 is important. Online is not always updated on time (make sure you use the my.uscis.gov site btw, the other one is old and even more unreliable lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

Hey guys,

 

I have a quick question regarding USCIS status updates. 

 

My fiancé received a physical NOA2 letter on 26th of January, we got approved on 18th. I checked our USCIS status, and it still shows the same information as it did after we got NOA1. It's been over 2 weeks now. 

 

Should I care about this status update or it doesn't matter since we have an actual NOA2? 

 

Olga

You don't need to care, I got a lot of friends that had similar experiences. I think USCIS have not been updating approvals recently. I don't think it's anything to worry about, the letter and the mail is good enough evidence. 

Edited by Jovic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USCIS makes no guarantees as to the accuracy of the online tool. It's for convenience only. The hardcopy NOA2 is mall you need to know the status of your case. :)


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your replies, guys!

 

I just checked it via my.uscis.gov and it did change there! But for whatever reason, the dates differ from egov.uscis.gov :D On the latter one it said that they received our petition on August 27th but on my.uscis.gov it says August 30th. As for approval date, it says 22d of January while our hard copy says it's 18th. Should we care about this difference? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

I just checked it via my.uscis.gov and it did change there! But for whatever reason, the dates differ from egov.uscis.gov :D On the latter one it said that they received our petition on August 27th but on my.uscis.gov it says August 30th. As for approval date, it says 22d of January while our hard copy says it's 18th. Should we care about this difference? 

I won't tell you what you or should not care about...but it doesn't matter at all for the immigration process. You're fine.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

Thank you for your replies, guys!

 

I just checked it via my.uscis.gov and it did change there! But for whatever reason, the dates differ from egov.uscis.gov :D On the latter one it said that they received our petition on August 27th but on my.uscis.gov it says August 30th. As for approval date, it says 22d of January while our hard copy says it's 18th. Should we care about this difference? 

Also nothing to worry about. The dates you have to go by are the ones on the NOA's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×