Jump to content
2019&beyond

"Previous US Visits"- DS160

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

(Please see attachment)

 

I'm filling out the DS160 and its stating: "Provide Information on all US Visits" with the option to add multiple visits.

 

I was in the US under an F1 visa for a total of 11 years. I traveled in and out of the US quite a few times in between that time period. Should I just add the first time I arrived in the US and put 11 years, or should I add each and every time I entered the US and the length I stayed until the next time I traveled throughout those years under my F1?

 

Please advise DS160 experts. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

DS160- US Travel.jpg

Edited by 2019&beyond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have an advice to you, just wanted to say it's the first time I've heard that someone spend 11 YEARS on student visa. o.O


K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Roel said:

I don't have an advice to you, just wanted to say it's the first time I've heard that someone spend 11 YEARS on student visa. o.O

Maybe a doctorate? Normally takes 8-10 in total but i think my sister spent 8 on her BSc.  Mostly because she hopped from major to major until finding her passion. 

2 hours ago, 2019&beyond said:

(Please see attachment)

 

I'm filling out the DS160 and its stating: "Provide Information on all US Visits" with the option to add multiple visits.

 

I was in the US under an F1 visa for a total of 11 years. I traveled in and out of the US quite a few times in between that time period. Should I just add the first time I arrived in the US and put 11 years, or should I add each and every time I entered the US and the length I stayed until the next time I traveled throughout those years under my F1?

 

Please advise DS160 experts. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

DS160- US Travel.jpg

Each and every arrival and departure. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, NikLR said:

Each and every arrival and departure. 

 

But some of the stamps are really blurry and can hardly see the date. I don't wanna guess or put inaccurate information.

 

Is there a way I can get a record of my travel history in and out of the US online? If not, will me just putting 11 years total (the time I was in status) instead of every time I traveled gonna be an impediment? I'm sure the embassy/USCIS/etc has a record of my travel history anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NikLR said:

You can find your entries and departures online. 

 

Thank you. I found the I94 website but it only will only view my departure and arrival history for the past 5 years. I have traveled in and out of the US well before the past 5 years. Is there another website that will let me view my travel history since 2004?

Edited by 2019&beyond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2019&beyond said:

 

Thank you. I found the I94 website but it only will only view my departure and arrival history for the past 5 years. I have traveled in and out of the US well before the past 5 years. Is there another website that will let me view my travel history since 2004?

Im not sure about that. Do you still have your travel itineraries? Tickets? Or do your best to guesstimate.  Many Canadians cross frequently so have no idea about entry and exits and do fine with guesswork. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NikLR said:

Im not sure about that. Do you still have your travel itineraries? Tickets? Or do your best to guesstimate.  Many Canadians cross frequently so have no idea about entry and exits and do fine with guesswork. 


No I do not. That was more than a decade ago and it was my family that supported my tuition and travel costs so I don't exactly have a record of it.

 

Ehh... I think I'll just play it safe and answer accurately by putting 11 years rather than guess and have misinformation potentially backfire. 

 

Thank you for your input @NikLR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×