JP87

CEAC Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a question today about the NVC.

My wife and I have completed the AOS and the IV application on the CEAC website. We have uploaded all the supporting documents for each section and submitted them. The tab for both sections says PAID and ACCEPTED. But, today I received an email on CEAC website that says Case FE Review Note: Please submit every W-2 that totals up to the amount on Jeffrey's Joint Tax Return for 2017. 

I have uploaded my USA W-2 for 2017. However, the joint tax return also included my wife's salary and taxes. But, my wife does not have a USA W-2 for 2017. She only has Japan tax documents, which even if uploaded does not equal the same amount. An outside company completed my tax return and I cannot understand most of what happened in it. Should I simply upload the entire 2017 tax return? Or, should I upload my wife's Japan tax information after it has been translated. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, NikLR said:

Try getting your tax return transcript instead. 

I turned in my tax return transcript and this was their response after I sent it in. 

Ah then upload the wifes version of a us w2 with a letter stating what it is. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
19 hours ago, G502 said:

I had the same problem they asked me my w2 for 2017. I am self employed, I writed a letter explaining the situation uploaded to the page on the option “other” and they accepted it.

Like write on a piece of paper, scan it, and uploading it?

Timeline

After I uploaded my original tax return for 2017 and my W-2 form, they accepted it and it has been approved. They did not request my wife's w-2 information. Originally, I did not want to use her information for the AOS because her money would stop upon leaving Japan. Hence my original confusion. Thanks everyone for your responses and information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.