Jump to content
MancRed

Got NOA2 & Case Number, when do I book medical?

30 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, 

 

sorry for starting a new thread, can anyone point me in the right directions for the follow questions: 

 

I got my NOA2 on 04.01.2019 and my case number from NVC on 19.01.2019. 

 

What’s the next steps to take? 

 

I have collated my police certificate, medical records etc. 

 

When should I book my medical? 

 

I haven’t received anything in the mail from NVC yet.

 

Id appreciate any help you could give me,

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Your full instructions from the embassy https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

 

Scroll down to find the 4 Steps. 

Step 3? When I clicked in it says:

 

“Please do not schedule an appointment unless you have received your appointment letter from the National Visa Center or, if your application is being processed by the IV Unit, you have been advised that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit, London.”

 

So if my case is still sitting at the NVC but the case number is assigned I should hold off on scheduling the medical until it reaches London or I receive a letter? I have no NVC letter. I called to get the case number. 


I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, O-J said:

Step 3? When I clicked in it says:

 

“Please do not schedule an appointment unless you have received your appointment letter from the National Visa Center or, if your application is being processed by the IV Unit, you have been advised that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit, London.”

 

So if my case is still sitting at the NVC but the case number is assigned I should hold off on scheduling the medical until it reaches London or I receive a letter? I have no NVC letter. I called to get the case number. 

That is what London wants you to do. Nothing is going to prevent you from calling the clinic and making the appointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

That is what London wants you to do. Nothing is going to prevent you from calling the clinic and making the appointment. 

Thanks for your help! 

I managed to get an appointment for Medical on  20th Feb! 

 

Any recommendations on what steps to take before then? 

 

NVC created my case number and shared it to me on 01.19.2019, Do you know how long it approx takes for them to send it to London? When should I start thinking about contacting them about whether it's in transit or not? 

 

Also, I read that sometimes the Embassy in London schedule Interview appointments without even telling the beneficiary or petitioner when it is? 

 

We haven't had any physical communication (mail) since getting the NOA2 on 01.04.19

 

Cheers again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MancRed said:

Thanks for your help! 

I managed to get an appointment for Medical on  20th Feb! 

 

Any recommendations on what steps to take before then? 

 

NVC created my case number and shared it to me on 01.19.2019, Do you know how long it approx takes for them to send it to London? When should I start thinking about contacting them about whether it's in transit or not? 

 

Also, I read that sometimes the Embassy in London schedule Interview appointments without even telling the beneficiary or petitioner when it is? 

 

We haven't had any physical communication (mail) since getting the NOA2 on 01.04.19

 

Cheers again

Feb 20th! 😯 I’m calling tomorrow. Did they just ask for the case number when you called to schedule? Did they have many date options available?

 

Going by the other forum Iv read the cases are sent every other week on tues and wed so the next batch is 5/6 Feb. Hopefully ours is in that shipment!

 

I think they schedule the interview for you if it’s CR1 but not for K1 visas. 


I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, O-J said:

Feb 20th! 😯 I’m calling tomorrow. Did they just ask for the case number when you called to schedule? Did they have many date options available?

 

Going by the other forum Iv read the cases are sent every other week on tues and wed so the next batch is 5/6 Feb. Hopefully ours is in that shipment!

 

I think they schedule the interview for you if it’s CR1 but not for K1 visas. 

Yes mate! do it! Well, she offered me a medical for 5th Feb but thats a little too soon for me, So I asked for later in Feb and she offered the 20th! The woman on the phone was quite rude tbh.. she kept placing me on hold whilst I was half way through a sentence. Then I had to call back 30 minutes later because I didn't get an email confirmation of the appointment.. The second woman I spoke to was much nicer and then I found out the first person I spoke to hadn't assigned the right email address or the NVC CASE NUMBER?! Like honestly, what was the point in her taking my call?! lol.. Hope you have a smoother ride with yours! 

 

Yep lets hope we're in the next batch then! I'll drop you a msg when I see mine! 

 

Ok good to know, I can relax a little now lol.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MancRed said:

Yes mate! do it! Well, she offered me a medical for 5th Feb but thats a little too soon for me, So I asked for later in Feb and she offered the 20th! The woman on the phone was quite rude tbh.. she kept placing me on hold whilst I was half way through a sentence. Then I had to call back 30 minutes later because I didn't get an email confirmation of the appointment.. The second woman I spoke to was much nicer and then I found out the first person I spoke to hadn't assigned the right email address or the NVC CASE NUMBER?! Like honestly, what was the point in her taking my call?! lol.. Hope you have a smoother ride with yours! 

 

Yep lets hope we're in the next batch then! I'll drop you a msg when I see mine! 

 

Ok good to know, I can relax a little now lol.

 

Cheers

Wow that’s sooner than I’d thought too. I think I want a mid to late Feb one too. Oh man hopefully I have more luck when I call. 

 

That is a relief that is ticked off the list now. Good luck for it! 


I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bucksy said:

I called today and they offered me tomorrow or Tuesday. I picked Tuesday.

I think you can get in pretty much anytime you want.

Great to see there’s appointments open so soon. I didn’t think they would have such availability. Puts my mind at ease a bit 


I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MancRed said:

Thanks for your help! 

I managed to get an appointment for Medical on  20th Feb! 

 

Any recommendations on what steps to take before then? 

 

NVC created my case number and shared it to me on 01.19.2019, Do you know how long it approx takes for them to send it to London? When should I start thinking about contacting them about whether it's in transit or not? 

 

Also, I read that sometimes the Embassy in London schedule Interview appointments without even telling the beneficiary or petitioner when it is? 

 

We haven't had any physical communication (mail) since getting the NOA2 on 01.04.19

 

Cheers again

 

Steps to take: get ALL your shots before the medical exam, get everything they tell you to bring like medical summary, photos

 

The embassy has not scheduled appointments for several years now. Go back and read the embassy webpage. The four steps tell you how to make your own interview appointment, but do the other steps first IMO because they have a procedure outlined that works best for a smooth finish. The links at the top give you a lot of information.

 

The beneficiary gets a letter from London when they receive your file from NVC, log it in, and are ready for you to apply for the visa. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

 

Steps to take: get ALL your shots before the medical exam, get everything they tell you to bring like medical summary, photos

 

The embassy has not scheduled appointments for several years now. Go back and read the embassy webpage. The four steps tell you how to make your own interview appointment, but do the other steps first IMO because they have a procedure outlined that works best for a smooth finish. The links at the top give you a lot of information.

 

The beneficiary gets a letter from London when they receive your file from NVC, log it in, and are ready for you to apply for the visa. 

 

 

 

Thanks @Wuozopo ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got scheduled for 22nd Feb! Picked a date myself and it was available. All fairly straight forward in the call just asked for my case number and if I had an ACRO report sorted. Happy days 😁

Edited by O-J

I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, O-J said:

I got scheduled for 22nd Feb! Picked a date myself and it was available. All fairly straight forward in the call just asked for my case number and if I had an ACRO report sorted. Happy days 😁

Nice!!

 

Have you started on your DS160 and has your Fiance started the Affidavit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×