MancRed

Got NOA2 & Case Number, when do I book medical?

35 posts in this topic

hey guys ! at similar position as you were about a month ago.

Regarding the vaccinations, they dont seem to cost too much from Knightsbridge or are the prices inaccurate ?

Influenza £14

Tetanus and diphtheria and polio £40

Measles, mumps and rubella £50

Sure £90-104 isnt amazing, but at least it would get done at once.

I believe thats the mandatory ones (providing its flu season) ?

Does anyone know where they can be done cheaper, and if through NHS how to go about getting them, will they give me MMR + Td if i just ask for it, i assume they need a good reason, not sure if for a visa would be enough ?

Edited by skjourney

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
48 minutes ago, skjourney said:

hey guys ! at similar position as you were about a month ago.

Regarding the vaccinations, they dont seem to cost too much from Knightsbridge or are the prices inaccurate ?

Influenza £14

Tetanus and diphtheria and polio £40

Measles, mumps and rubella £50

Sure £90-104 isnt amazing, but at least it would get done at once.

I believe thats the mandatory ones (providing its flu season) ?

Does anyone know where they can be done cheaper, and if through NHS how to go about getting them, will they give me MMR + Td if i just ask for it, i assume they need a good reason, not sure if for a visa would be enough ?

I just got my tetanus, diphtheria and polio shot today for free at my GP. Nurse was very kind and also recommended I get a meningitis ACWY vaccine (not required for visa I don't think) as I didn't get one before when I was back at university so I got that too. All for free :) I'm not getting the flu shot because I'm planning on booking my medical sometime in April. 

It was a good enough reason for my GP. I said it was for visa/immigration purposes. Some GP's may charge you though.

Oh, also, you only need two doses of MMR vaccine in your life so if you already had two, you don't need another booster. I had both of mine when I was a child. 

Edited by VanillaCats

oh nice ! i`ll look into this, im sure even if they do charge itll be much cheaper, not looking forward to it though, not a fan of needles ! ill prob skip to post April 1st to avoid flu one too !

Timeline
8 minutes ago, skjourney said:

oh nice ! i`ll look into this, im sure even if they do charge itll be much cheaper, not looking forward to it though, not a fan of needles ! ill prob skip to post April 1st to avoid flu one too !

Yeah, it'll definitely be cheaper. I was super nervous today but it was really quick and the pain is minimal :) Good luck

Timeline

Anyone who has recently filled out the DS-160.... What do they mean on the question about "have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for a professional, social, or charitable organization"??  Would being part of a union count as a "yes"?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.