Paulo-Ayen

K1 Visa Timeline (Philippines)

14 posts in this topic

K1 VISA TIMELINE (PHILIPPINES)

June 6, 2018 - NOA1

November 24, 2018 - NOA2 (Date on the Approval Notice)

November 26, 2018 - Received Text Message Notification (Monday, 11:30am EST)
December 6, 2018 - NVC Received (I called NVC everyday, the day after I got the Text Notification. Haha.)
December 17, 2018 - NVC Case Number Created (I got the number by calling them. Like I said I called them everyday. I just feel like doing it as it somehow relieves the anxiety I was feeling during that time.)

My fiance and I were hoping that our case will make the NVC shipment on Dec 12-13,2018 but unfortunately it did not as NVC just received our case a few days before the shipment. We waited again for the next shipment on Dec 26-27,2018 but it still has not sent out. 

I kept on calling NVC to inquire about our case and asked them why was our case still with NVC. I got different answers every time I called them. One lady would say it was AP, Administrative Processing asked her why she said she can't give me a definite answer. I would call again to see if I would get a better information about our case. I asked her, mind you that this was another lady as I will end the call if I hear the same voice I just called a couples minutes ago, I know I sound crazy, but they all gave me different answers so I want to make sure nothing is wrong with my case, but going back, this lady told me that I shoudn't worry as there's nothing wrong with my papers and that it just takes time in order for them to send out cases to different Embassies. I would call everyday, maybe 2-3 times a day but I make sure I talked to different representative as I've noticed that the very first lady I spoke to would always tell me so little information where others were too haapy to ease my anxiety. And a week or so before the next batch is going to be send out, I spoke to 3 different agents, one who gave me so little to no information and two different agents, one who said my paper works were all good and just waiting for when it is scheduled to be send out and another lady who went above and beyond her duties, she told me not to worry that she can see that my case was on the list for the next shipment. As the next shipment approaches. My fiance and I decided that he should get his medical done @St.Lukes. We scheduled his interview first, and then proceed to medical. Our case status at that time was still "AT NVC". I only did this as I am confident that our case "will" be on the next shipment, January 8-9,2019. I do not recommend this though. 

January 2-3,2019 - Medical @St. Lukes

My fiance's medical was all good. Immunization done on the second day. He had all the paper works he need for the interview.

Documents he brought with him during his medical were:

1. Valid Passport
2. Photocopy (1) of Passport Bio Page
3. 2x2 Visa Photos (4) 
4. Interview Appointment Confirmation (2)
5. Letter from NVC with Case Number (2) - This is not the NVC Letter. I made an inquiry to them for my Case Number through email on December, 24,2018 (I read this on Mr. Hank's page) and they responded back on January 2,2019 as my fiance was about to do his medical. So before he went to St. Lukes for his first day I forwarded him that letter and he printed that out so if ever he will be ask for a Letter from NVC with Case Number on it he have one to present.
6. CEAC "AT NVC" Screenshot (1)
7. St.Lukes Online Pre-Registration (1)
8. DS-160 (1) - This was asked from him on the second day of his medical.
9. Previos X-Ray Fims/Results, but they did not bother asking for it.

I made him bring extra copies of each just to avoid delays/problems. And not all of the above were required for the medical, we just felt like we needed them for our "personal" convenience.

From December 17,2018 to January 08,2019 our case still shows "AT NVC"

I called NVC, my anxiety was out of this world haha cause I might have caused our own delays/issues/problems from doing medical and scheduling interview too soon. But I was able to talked to the very nice lady from my previous calls to NVC, she assured me that my Case will be out that day. And that the status tracker is not being updated by NVC that's why maybe that though they are about to send the case that day, it still shows "AT NVC". 

Later that day, January 8,2019, I received email from NVC stating that NVC is forwarding the petition to the US Embassy/Consulate in the Philippines.

January 8,2019 - IN TRANSIT

January 10,2019- CASE READY

I did tracked the shipment made by NVC that day through DHL Express Tracking. And it says, January 14,2019 is the Estimated Arrival to the Philippines.

January 14,2019 - US Embassy Manila, Philippines signed and received 

January 17, 2019 - Interview (Approval)

Documents he brought with him on his Interview were:

1. Valid Passport
2. Photocopy of his Passport Biopage. It was due to my OCD haha but not part of the Requirements for Interview. 
3. 2x2 Photos
4. NBI
5. Birth Certificate
6. CENOMAR
7. MRV Receipt and Photocopy
8. DS-160
9. Interview Appoinment Confirmation
10. Screenshot of CEAC "READY" Status
11. NVC Letter
12. Affidavit of Support, Form I-134 along with 2015-2017 Tax Trasncript, Form 1040, W2, Employment Letter.
13. Proof of Relationship
14. I-129f Packet

I made him bring extra copies of each just to avoid delays/problems. And not all of the above were required for the interview, we just felt like we needed them for our "personal" convenience.

My fiance went early to the Embassy in Manila as he is coming from Bulacan. He went in line as soon as he got there. He said he had to go through to 2 Baggage Check. 

His Interview was scheduled @7:40am

@7:50a, Pre-Screening (Filipino Consul)
Asked for the:
DS-160
MRV Receipt
Medical Results from St. Lukes
NBI
Birth Certificate
CENOMAR

Asked the following questions:
Name of the Petitioner
Birthday of the Petitioner
Address of the Petitioner
Where does he intend to stay

Affidavit of Support was not asked. Returned his DS-160 and NBI and told to proceed for Fingeprinting

@ 8:20am, Fingerprinting 
Took his fingerprints and that was it. 

@8:45am, American CO

My fiance handed over his DS-160. The Consul asked him to scan his right hand, then asked to raised his right hand to make his oath.

Interview Questions:
Petitioner's Age
His age 
If I, the Petitioner, was married and have kids
Petitioner's Address
If where does he intend to stay
Where I work at 

During the interview the Officer told him "Do you know that she was married and has kids?"
My fiance said, "No, she's never married and do not have kids."
Then he said, "I was just messing with you." My fiance said that the Officer was very nice and that they were like just having a regular conversation. He even told my fiance that he lives in a neighboring state where I live.
Then the Officer told him, Congratulations and he is moving the petition for appoval. Asked him to take a copy of papers on his left. "Told him about Domestic Violence that even he is a guy he knows that there are feisty and naughty woman out there who beat the hell out of man. And recommend to call 911, and its his right and won't cause you anything." And he told my fiance to call the number on the paper whether he wants his Visa delivered or pick up. Which we already did when we set his Interview date. 

My fiance was interviewed no more than 5mins, and he's out by 8:50am

I was overjoyed to hear the good news. 

A few hours after his Interview, I went to look up the Status of our Visa. And it still says READY.
Then I looked again haha. It went from READY to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.

January 17,2019 - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING 
    Date Case Created:  January 17,2019
    Case Last Updated: January 17,2019

CEAC site is not working as of this moment on my end.

During those dates above. I asked the expertise and knowledge of Mr. Hank and Mr. Greenbaum. They were accomodating and easy to talk to. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to the both of them. Thank you Mr. Hank for all the answers you have given me. Thank you, VisaJourney for though the game of waiting was long, the informations I got from this community makes our journey somewhat easier. And in return, I made this timeline. I hope this can be of help to others as others posts have been a huge help to my fiance and I. 

And for additional information. I am a Filipina and naturalized after 5year of Permanent Residency, and my fiance is also a Filipino. 

I wish everyone good luck and approval. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there

It's been 31 days since we received our NOA2 (December 19, 2018) and we still haven't heard from NVC that our case is on transit. We checked the status online on CEAC and it still says "At NVC." But we got the MNL# about the start of the year. We still haven't paid the visa fee on the bank because of this and we still don't have the appointment confirmation so I can't schedule the medical exam yet. I need some advice please. :)

Edited by josef04

1 hour ago, josef04 said:

Hi there

It's been 31 days since we received our NOA2 (December 19, 2018) and we still haven't heard from NVC that our case is on transit. We checked the status online on CEAC and it still says "At NVC." But we got the MNL# about the start of the year. We still haven't paid the visa fee on the bank because of this and we still don't have the appointment confirmation so I can't schedule the medical exam yet. I need some advice please. :)

Hello. When exactly did you get your MNL#? As mine took almost a month from getting the MNL# to "IN TRANSIT". Having your status @READY is always the best time to schedule your interview. But you can always do your medical beforehand. If you need anything else with the process this site is full of informations, very helpful. Let me know if you need anything else. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Paulo-Ayen said:

Hello. When exactly did you get your MNL#? As mine took almost a month from getting the MNL# to "IN TRANSIT". Having your status @READY is always the best time to schedule your interview. But you can always do your medical beforehand. If you need anything else with the process this site is full of informations, very helpful. Let me know if you need anything else. 

We received our MNL# last January 10. Do you know the best time when should we submit and sign our DS-160 form? I already have a draft of it but have not submitted it yet. We are worried that if we submit it early something might go wrong in our process.

Timeline
6 hours ago, josef04 said:

We received our MNL# last January 10. Do you know the best time when should we submit and sign our DS-160 form? I already have a draft of it but have not submitted it yet. We are worried that if we submit it early something might go wrong in our process.

When its ready.   You can edit anything that has changed on the day of the interview 

On 1/20/2019 at 1:34 AM, josef04 said:

Hi there

Next shipment to the embassy is tomorrow or Wednesday 

YMMV

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:25 PM, payxibka said:

When its ready.   You can edit anything that has changed on the day of the interview 

Next shipment to the embassy is tomorrow or Wednesday 

Our status on CEAC just got updated a couple of hours ago. From "at NVC" it's now at "in transit"! Can I schedule my medical exam now or submit the ds-160?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, josef04 said:

Our status on CEAC just got updated a couple of hours ago. From "at NVC" it's now at "in transit"! Can I schedule my medical exam now or submit the ds-160?

If you have the mnl number you can prepare the ds160, pay the fee at bpi right now, and attend the medical (walk in, no appointment) as soon as you get the email from nvc today or tomorrow .  Once the ds160 is ready,  you have linked the payment to your account and ceac status is ready you can schedule your interview.   Ceac should go ready Friday or Monday 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

On 1/22/2019 at 2:32 PM, josef04 said:

Yes, definitely. Sorry for the late response. But yes you can do everything now as I assumed yours will be ready by tomorrow. Mine was "READY" after 2 days @IN TRANSIT. My fiance just picked up his Visa earlier today @2Go MOA. I pray for your approval. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Paulo-Ayen said:

Yes, definitely. Sorry for the late response. But yes you can do everything now as I assumed yours will be ready by tomorrow. Mine was "READY" after 2 days @IN TRANSIT. My fiance just picked up his Visa earlier today @2Go MOA. I pray for your approval. 

Thank you! We just checked the status and it is now "ready" after being "in transit" for 2 days. I got the interview appointment on March 14 but I checked regularly and I am able to get the interview rescheduled on February 14. I'm quite nervous but I'm ready. :)

17 hours ago, josef04 said:

Thank you! We just checked the status and it is now "ready" after being "in transit" for 2 days. I got the interview appointment on March 14 but I checked regularly and I am able to get the interview rescheduled on February 14. I'm quite nervous but I'm ready. :)

That's great to hear! Make sure to have all your documents ready for the interview. I was more anxious as the petitioner than my fiancé for his interview haha. You'll be fine. Good luck. Looking fowardfor your approval. 😊

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi guys, the date on my NOA2 is April 17 2019 and the case status says "At NVC." When do you guys think it should change to "In transit" (estimate) and where can I find info on the shipment dates? Just wanna be able to look out for it.

32 minutes ago, Del A. said:

Hi guys, the date on my NOA2 is April 17 2019 and the case status says "At NVC." When do you guys think it should change to "In transit" (estimate) and where can I find info on the shipment dates? Just wanna be able to look out for it.

Next shipment date will be 5/28 and 29 for those who have received their case number by today. If you get a case number tomorrow it probably be on the next shipment in June.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
On 5/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, Greenbaum said:

Next shipment date will be 5/28 and 29 for those who have received their case number by today. If you get a case number tomorrow it probably be on the next shipment in June.

Thank you! We called NVC on May 14 and by then we were already given a MNL #

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.