Andrew123

I 130 documents sufficient?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

I already filed I-130 application to USCIS. Currently I am in US and my fiancee is in her country. As per instruction of I-130 I included below supporting documents:

1) Photocopy of Original Marriage Certificate

2) English translation of Marriage Certificate

3) My Naturalization Citizenship Certificate 

4) My Biography of US Passport

5) US Citi Bank POD ( since US Bank requires in Person sign in at bank which was not possible so just added my wife in my account as Paid On Death-POD ) 

6) Added Money transfer receipt from Western Union

7) Added Ceremony Pictures with Group of Family and Friends and our travel Pictures together - Total 15 pic altogether ( It was wedding Ceremony pictures but I didnt  stamps any date in pictures nor I mentioned as Wedding ceremony in Pictures because I didn't want to make confusion with Two Wedding. I Had Court wedding and Religious Wedding. In the form I wrote court wedding. So I just added pictures  without description to avoid any confusion of two wedding.

What you guys think about my documents? Is that enough? What it worried me now is I didnt put passport travel stamps and boarding passes in I130 when I went there to meet her.. Do you think will I get an RFE for that?

I went through lot of forums in VJ and seems this Site is AMAZING to share experience. It really gives real time great suggestion and advice instead of spending bulk of money to lawyers.

Edited by Andrew123

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Andrew123 said:

Hello VJ members,

I already filed I-130 application to USCIS. Currently I am in US and my fiancee is in her country. As per instruction of I-130 I included below supporting documents:

5) US Citi Bank POD ( since US Bank requires in Person sign in at bank which was not possible so just added my wife in my account as Paid On Death-POD ) 

7) Added Ceremony Pictures with Group of Family and Friends and our travel Pictures together - Total 15 pic altogether ( It was wedding Ceremony pictures but I didnt  stamps any date in pictures nor I mentioned as Wedding ceremony in Pictures because I didn't want to make confusion with Two Wedding. I Had Court wedding and Religious Wedding. In the form I wrote court wedding. So I just added pictures  without description to avoid any confusion of two wedding.

What you guys think about my documents? Is that enough? What it worried me now is I didnt put passport travel stamps and boarding passes in I130 when I went there to meet her.. Do you think will I get an RFE for that?

I went through lot of forums in VJ and seems this Site is AMAZING to share experience. It really gives real time great suggestion and advice instead of spending bulk of money to lawyers.

No, but I suggest you drop the term fiance while referring to your spouse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

exactly, I got confused as well, she;s not your fiancé anymore, but your spouse

us passport wasn't needed, you only needed one proof of being a US Citizen

or the passport or the Naturalization Certificate

you probably sent a lot more proof that I have seen some others do. leave the rest for the interview and continue to gather more proof

7 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

Hello VJ members,

3/4  you only needed one of these.

so for evidence you sent 

1) photos of both weddings

2) ONE money transfer receipt

3) one document saying your wife gets your bank account if you die

Nothing else?

That's really light on the evidence front.  I suggest continuing to collect evidence, especially for a high fraud country, and side loading at the NVC.  You need more visits, probably some chats and emails, you make the beneficiary the beneficiary of 401k, life insurance, you can do a will or a living will, and add as an authorized user on your credit card.  

India is picky about the affidavit of support and the last 3 years being over the poverty guidelines.  If you don't have that for 2018, 2017, and 2016, i suggest starting the search for a qualified joint sponsor sooner rather than later.  

Best of luck! 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

26 minutes ago, NikLR said:

3/4  you only needed one of these.

so for evidence you sent 

1) photos of both weddings

2) ONE money transfer receipt

3) one document saying your wife gets your bank account if you die

Nothing else?

That's really light on the evidence front.  I suggest continuing to collect evidence, especially for a high fraud country, and side loading at the NVC.  You need more visits, probably some chats and emails, you make the beneficiary the beneficiary of 401k, life insurance, you can do a will or a living will, and add as an authorized user on your credit card.  

India is picky about the affidavit of support and the last 3 years being over the poverty guidelines.  If you don't have that for 2018, 2017, and 2016, i suggest starting the search for a qualified joint sponsor sooner rather than later.  

Best of luck! 

Thank You. Sure I will do that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, NikLR said:

You only met once and married on that first visit?  If that is the case, you definitely should submit your passport stamps and boarding passes from that one visit at the NVC stage, and also make more visits with more in-person time together somewhere in the six months while waiting for NOA2 approval, and side-load evidence of those visits at the NVC stage as well, plus more financial co-mingling evidence as others have suggested.  India may be one of those countries where more than the required evidence would reduce the likelihood of RFEs, denial, delays, etc.  More evidence should lead to fewer problems and hopefully a faster overall process.

1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

You only met once and married on that first visit?  If that is the case, you definitely should submit your passport stamps and boarding passes from that one visit at the NVC stage, and also make more visits with more in-person time together somewhere in the six months while waiting for NOA2 approval, and side-load evidence of those visits at the NVC stage as well, plus more financial co-mingling evidence as others have suggested.  India may be one of those countries where more than the required evidence would reduce the likelihood of RFEs, denial, delays, etc.  More evidence should lead to fewer problems and hopefully a faster overall process.

fyi quoted wrong person. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.