peanutismint

How long did you guys wait before scheduling your K1 interview?

15 posts in this topic

I keep reading different instructions/outdated information on various government department sites (NVC, USCIS, UK Embassy etc) about the K1 process so I'm a bit confused which one to follow.....

We've received NOA2 and now also our LND case number via email but not yet by physical letter. I've scheduled my medical for tomorrow (Weds 9th) and started scheduling my K1 appointment but decided to hold off after reading another page on the SAME embassy site that suggested waiting til after the medical to schedule the embassy interview....! 

Anyway, with all this conflicting info flying about, how long did you guys wait between getting your case number and scheduling your interview? Should I just leave the prerequisite number of days for the medical to get couriered to the embassy? Some places say that's 5 days, others say 10... Or should I just assume it'll be there in, say, 3 weeks and schedule it now?! So many options. I guess it doesn't really matter but just don't want to fall afoul of the process.... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Step one, your fiance needs to be calling NVC with your LND case number to see if they have sent it to the embassy yet.  You can have your medical with using your case number (unless UK embassy has some specific rules against it), but if your case isn't in London yet, you will have to miss your interview. They send cases out twice a month in batches.

Thanks; we've had email confirmation that it's been sent to the embassy but nothing in writing from the embassy themselves, as yet. It looks like it's going to let me schedule my interview so I can only assume it has got to them already, but I think I'm going to hold off until I have my medical and ask them how long it will take to get the medical forms to the embassy and then go off that 👍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, peanutismint said:

I keep reading different instructions/outdated information on various government department sites (NVC, USCIS, UK Embassy etc) about the K1 process so I'm a bit confused which one to follow.....

We've received NOA2 and now also our LND case number via email but not yet by physical letter. I've scheduled my medical for tomorrow (Weds 9th) and started scheduling my K1 appointment but decided to hold off after reading another page on the SAME embassy site that suggested waiting til after the medical to schedule the embassy interview....! 

Anyway, with all this conflicting info flying about, how long did you guys wait between getting your case number and scheduling your interview? Should I just leave the prerequisite number of days for the medical to get couriered to the embassy? Some places say that's 5 days, others say 10... Or should I just assume it'll be there in, say, 3 weeks and schedule it now?! So many options. I guess it doesn't really matter but just don't want to fall afoul of the process.... 

For all of 2018, the medicals from Knightsbridge clinic are not making it to the embassy in five days like their website says. They used to without fail prior to the new embassy opening last January.  Pick an interview date at a minimum of the 23rd or later. Since your medical is so near, I would just wait until after. You never know if something will come up that requires more info from your GP. If you have to get additional info, then two weeks in between won't be enough time between. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

The embassy wouldn’t entertain any interview requests until she had the sealed medical results in hand. I had to send an image of sealed envelope.  

We scheduled the medical as soon as we had all the police certain and document translations.  

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

The embassy wouldn’t entertain any interview requests until she had the sealed medical results in hand. I had to send an image of sealed envelope.  

We scheduled the medical as soon as we had all the police certain and document translations.  

We dont get physical medical results in the UK. They're electronically sent to the embassy. 

Follow the advice from @Wuozopo he is always right 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 hours ago, peanutismint said:

Hi. I recently had my medical at Knightsbridge/interview at the embassy. This is what I did. I scheduled my medical as soon as I'd got confirmation of my LND number. Then once my application was showing as 'ready' on the CEAC tracker I went ahead and booked the interview. I decided to leave 2 weeks between the medical and interview. This turned out not to matter as there was a major delay getting my results to the embassy so on the day of my interview my medical wasnt there. Don't worry about that though, you can still go ahead and have your interview as normal without the medical results if it comes to that. It'll just cause a slight delay in the issuing of the visa. Good luck with everything :)

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eleanor & Jack said:

Hi. I recently had my medical at Knightsbridge/interview at the embassy. This is what I did. I scheduled my medical as soon as I'd got confirmation of my LND number. Then once my application was showing as 'ready' on the CEAC tracker I went ahead and booked the interview. I decided to leave 2 weeks between the medical and interview. This turned out not to matter as there was a major delay getting my results to the embassy so on the day of my interview my medical wasnt there. Don't worry about that though, you can still go ahead and have your interview as normal without the medical results if it comes to that. It'll just cause a slight delay in the issuing of the visa. Good luck with everything :)

So your interview was Dec 17. On what date did your visa get delivered?  Typically it would be one week after interview. How long did yours take with the 221g.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

So your interview was Dec 17. On what date did your visa get delivered?  Typically it would be one week after interview. How long did yours take with the 221g.

Hi. Yes my interview was 17th Dec. I got confirmation from the embassy that they recieved my medical results on the 28th of December. I'm yet to have my visa in hand, the ceac tracker only changed to Issued today (8th Jan)

event.png

19 hours ago, Eleanor & Jack said:

Just had my medical and read a sign on their wall that confirmed something to this effect - something like "if you have already scheduled your interview and your medical results don't get there in time there may be a slight delay in your process but do your interview anyway...." so I went ahead and booked my interview for 7 working days from now. We'll see if the results get there in time but good to know that, if not, it (hopefully) shouldn't matter too much.....! 🤞 Thanks again. 

16 hours ago, Eleanor & Jack said:

Hi. Yes my interview was 17th Dec. I got confirmation from the embassy that they recieved my medical results on the 28th of December. I'm yet to have my visa in hand, the ceac tracker only changed to Issued today (8th Jan)

So I'm assuming if they (conditionally, I guess) grant your visa at the interview but don't have your medical results on hand, then if they're happy with them when they arrive they just send the visa in your passport/with the packet that you pick up from the courier centre? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, peanutismint said:

So I'm assuming if they (conditionally, I guess) grant your visa at the interview but don't have your medical results on hand, then if they're happy with them when they arrive they just send the visa in your passport/with the packet that you pick up from the courier centre? 

Yeah - I was technically refused and handed a 221G because the medical results were missing. They told me everything else was fine though and they had everything else they needed. As soon as the results are recieved by the embassy they'll pull the file out again and aslong as nothing else is outstanding (which theyd advise you of at the interview) they'll just issue your visa as normal. :)

event.png

4 hours ago, Eleanor & Jack said:

Yeah - I was technically refused and handed a 221G because the medical results were missing. They told me everything else was fine though and they had everything else they needed. As soon as the results are recieved by the embassy they'll pull the file out again and aslong as nothing else is outstanding (which theyd advise you of at the interview) they'll just issue your visa as normal. :)

Nice, so definitely no having to go all the way back down to London? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, peanutismint said:

Nice, so definitely no having to go all the way back down to London? 

Definitely not - and I'm so glad cos I'm up North and the two journeys down had already cost me a fortune in train tickets ontop of everything else! 😂

event.png

@gracieech FYI :)

K1 Visa

Packet Sent:  01/20/2016

NOA1: 02/11/2016

NOA2: 03/11/2016

NVC Received Case: 04/07/2016

Consulate Received Case: 04/12/2016

Medical Exam: 05/19/2016

Interview: 07/21/2016

Visa Received: 07/31/2016

US Entry: 09/11/2016

Wedding: 09/23/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Packet Sent: 10/19/2016

NOA(x3) : 11/02/2016

Biometrics: 11/25/2016

AOS Approval: 12/30/2016

Green Card Received: 01/07/2017

ROC

Packet Sent: 10/15/2018

Text Received: 10/24/2018

NOA: 11/08/2018

Biometrics: 11/26/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.