Timeline
4 minutes ago, juggy_11 said:

Very old article. Happened in 2017.

OP just woke up from his nap.  :)

YMMV

23 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Well look who showed up in Davao City

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/409143

Sorry, They just had an attack recently in the last week or so from my reports.  I must of copied an old artilcle

Will find  the correct one : I have not heard about NPA messing around there, AbuSayaff I thought was the only issue in Davao City

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1062019/npa-attacks-army-detachment-in-davao-del-sur

Edited by Chris Duffy

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

• 2 weeks later...

7 men...20 minute firefight. No one was hurt)))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:37 PM, boris64 said:

7 men...20 minute firefight. No one was hurt)))))

What about the Digos Massacre? I have spent many a nights in Digos City, always heard about this happening. I saw the Davao Airport (old one) after it was bombed.

I found this: 

Digos Massacre CPP-NPA killed so many Children 1989

Very few would likely remember that on June 25, 1989, in a small village in Digos, Davao Del Sur, 39 people, many of them children, were mercilessly gunned-down by CPP-NPA rebels while they were attending a Sunday mass. Two of the victims, UCCP Pastor Ruben Ayap and his brother were beheaded. The motive: the village leaders refused to cooperate with the rebels. The CPP-NPA general command later admitted responsibility for the brutal killings and promised indemnification of the families of victims, which never happened.

The incident which became known as the “Digos Massacre,” captured the national attention back then. The entire country was enraged by the carnage. However, none have taken the matter too seriously except the government. Even the United Church of Christ in the Philippines (UCCP), later on, in an ironic twist, gravitated towards the left who perpetrated the killings of its flock. It even placed the blame on the government. Eventually, the incident slowly faded in the people’s memory. There was no justice attained.

Now, after two decades since the Digos incident, the CPP-NPA continue to perpetrate atrocities without remorse, especially now that they are operating more and more like a criminal gang (or, rather, several dozen separate gangs united by ideology and tactics). Aside from killing civilians opposed to them, they have also ventured into numerous criminal activities like extortion, robbery, raids, etc in order to get the money to buy needed supplies and provide for the families of the leadership. Sadly, even up to now, the people remained passive of them.

When will the people take active role in condemning the CPP-NPA? Will it take another “Digos Massacre” for the people to act? The fight against the CPP-NPA is not solely the duty of the government. It is the duty of every freedom-loving Filipinos who abhor violence and value justice. If the people will not provide even vocal support, the effort to defeat the rebel-turned bandits will be futile. The Filipinos should not remain deaf and blind. Share This at least you can do for the victims of the “Digos Massacre” and the numerous other victims of CPP-NPA cruelty.

This artcile was wirtten in remembrance of the victims of the Digos Massacre . May their souls rest in peace.

Image may contain: one or more people

Edited by Chris Duffy

Dude...I wasn't minimizing your post. I was just commenting on an attack on a military unit by 7 armed rebels that included a 20 minute firefight. I was only commenting on their inability to hit anything...I am well aware of the history of violence in Mindanao and the Philippines....Carry on...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, boris64 said:

Dude...I wasn't minimizing your post. I was just commenting on an attack on a military unit by 7 armed rebels that included a 20 minute firefight. I was only commenting on their inability to hit anything...I am well aware of the history of violence in Mindanao and the Philippines....Carry on...

I was on facebook and looking at VJ and the article regarding the Digos Massacre came up on FB, I had heard about it in the past but never found a good article.  

I wasn't sure if the Digos Massacre was real or fiction, and I have spent many a day and night in Digos city for over 10 years ,, I have never had anyone in the city mention it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.