453 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

Just received case number!! 

told you! 

Now pay fees today before 5pm eastern

4 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

you have to pay fees before you can do any uploading. 

So pay now! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, MzBrown said:

Did you get a case update on USCIS that said "Case was sent to State Department"? If so, what was your date? I'm trying to figure out whether ours will be "received" based on 4/30 approval date or the 5/15 app update that finally showed it was approved. I'm going CRAZY and as of yesterday it was still not received in the system!

58 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Did you get a case update on USCIS that said "Case was sent to State Department"? If so, what was your date? I'm trying to figure out whether ours will be "received" based on 4/30 approval date or the 5/15 app update that finally showed it was approved. I'm going CRAZY and as of yesterday it was still not received in the system!

On the website it says 4/24 for Case was sent to State Department. They didn't receive it until 5/1 though.

4 hours ago, GabLuc said:

told you! 

Now pay fees today before 5pm eastern

you have to pay fees before you can do any uploading. 

So pay now! 

How long after paying fees does it allow you to upload?

30 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

On the website it says 4/24 for Case was sent to State Department. They didn't receive it until 5/1 though.

3 days. I paid in tues 14 and did the application on Fri and uploaded on sat. 

You can do everything in one night. IV application and submit docs. It takes a while. We didnt want to do it tired. 

We got our 'paid' status email at 8pm Friday night.

33 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

Biggest advice I can give you is label your docs.

We got everything accepted on Monday.

Except for my husband military record they marked incomplete because they thought he was discharged. 

And they asked for a letter why I didnt file 2016 and 2017 taxes. We uploaded everything as soon as we got the notification and 10mins after everything was accepted. 

We got case complete yesterday.

Just now, GabLuc said:

Except for my husband military record they marked incomplete because they thought he was discharged. 

And they asked for a letter why I didnt file 2016 and 2017 taxes. We uploaded everything as soon as we got the notification and 10mins after everything was accepted. 

Awesome! We have to wait until Friday to pay fees because there's 3 total petitions.  I plan on paying fees on Friday first thing in the morning and given Monday is a holiday, it should be approved Thursday for uploading.  I'm flying there next Wednesday for a visit..it would be awesome if it's approved then so they can get their medical done while I'm there!  

2 minutes ago, GabLuc said:

@IndiaAnnie did you call nvc? The app isnt reliable. We called on May 1. And nvc got our case on April 22nd. We got our approval April 8th.

The app still says 'we sent your case to dept of state'

1 minute ago, MzBrown said:

Awesome! We have to wait until Friday to pay fees because there's 3 total petitions.  I plan on paying fees on Friday first thing in the morning and given Monday is a holiday, it should be approved Thursday for uploading.  I'm flying there next Wednesday for a visit..it would be awesome if it's approved then so they can get their medical done while I'm there!  

I dont think you can do your medical without an interview notice. And I'm waiting for ours. 

And you wont get the interview so quickly. You may be scheduled for Aug interviews.

2 minutes ago, GabLuc said:

I dont think you can do your medical without an interview notice. And I'm waiting for ours. 

And you wont get the interview so quickly. You may be scheduled for Aug interviews.

You're right. You can't do medical without interview notice.  Please post when you get your notice to see what that timeline is like.

3 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

You're right. You can't do medical without interview notice.  Please post when you get your notice to see what that timeline is like.

I will

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, GabLuc said:

@IndiaAnnie did you call nvc? The app isnt reliable. We called on May 1. And nvc got our case on April 22nd. We got our approval April 8th.

The app still says 'we sent your case to dept of state'

Yes, called every week since petition approval and as recently as yesterday it had not been received. The lines are busy (or turned off) again today. It drives me crazy because we were expedite approved 4/30, app update that it was mailed to State Dept on 5/15 (nice little two week delay) and once it does arrive we can expedite at NVC (another story whether they choose to accept it) to get our case processed through to embassy....and do medical, bio and interview all over again. I'm just being impatient and should probably just relax!! 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.