zahra33

filing I130

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey everyone im currently filing the I130 and these are the ducuments im sending can anybody please take a look at it and tell me if im missing something 

The following documents accompany and support this petition:

1.      A check for the amount of $535.00 to cover the filing fee;

2.      Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3.      Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative;

4.      Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary, for the beneficiary;

5.      Two (2) photos of the petitioner and two (2) photos of the beneficiary;

6.      A copy of the Petitioner’s U.S. birth certificate;

7.      A copy of the petitioner’s passport biographic page;

8.      A copy of the beneficiary’s birth certificate;

9.      A copy of a certified translation of beneficiary’s birth certificate;

10.  A copy of the divorce decrees of the petitioner;

11.  A copy of the marriage certificate of petitioner and beneficiary;

12.  A copy of a certified translation of the marriage certificate of petitioner and beneficiary;

13.  Evidence of bona fide marriage.

a-      A short summary of our relationship

b-      Two third party affidavit of bona fide marriage

c-      Proof of ongoing relationship

8 and 9 are not required. 

Photos of the beneficiary are only required if he/she is in the USA. 

How can you have “proof” of an ongoing relationship? You should be sending evidence. There is no way to prove your relationship is genuine unless someone can read your thoughts. 

Affidavits are very weak evidence. You need to do better than that. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

*~*~*procedural question moved from “progress reports” to “process and procedures”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JFH said:

8 and 9 are not required. 

Photos of the beneficiary are only required if he/she is in the USA. 

How can you have “proof” of an ongoing relationship? You should be sending evidence. There is no way to prove your relationship is genuine unless someone can read your thoughts. 

Affidavits are very weak evidence. You need to do better than that. 

i have two letters one from my dad and one from m husband's dad is that bad ! 

and should i replace the word proof with the word evidence 

and last photo of the beneficiary is very important

It’s bad if that’s all you have. Your fathers are obviously going to write very nice things about you and in your favor. You need a selection of various forms of evidence and your focus should be on primary evidence, not secondary evidence. Definitely replace the word proof with evidence. You don’t have proof. 

I don’t understand your comment about the photo. You only need to send passport photos of the beneficiary if he/she is currently in the USA and you are filing for AOS

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

me and my husband do not have shared bank account or property as we knew each other for 9 months before marriage now we ae togther for one year and we have never lived with each other so we only have screnshots of ongoing relationship from january to december with calls and a lot of photos of us and our families in the wedding and honeymoon and evidence of booking appartments for the honeymoon along with few money receipts ; what do you think

Did you marry the first time you met? Which country is the beneficiary from? Don’t worry about bank accounts - most couples don’t have these because they have never lived together. But surely he is listed as the beneficiary on your life insurance, etc? Do you have wills? You should. 

Boarding passes and passport stamps are good. So are hotel/apartment receipts. 

Phone records are less good but it doesn’t hurt to include them. 

If the photos are all from the same visit they don’t help much. If you have a series of photos over time from different visits, that is better. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JFH said:

Did you marry the first time you met? Which country is the beneficiary from? Don’t worry about bank accounts - most couples don’t have these because they have never lived together. But surely he is listed as the beneficiary on your life insurance, etc? Do you have wills? You should. 

Boarding passes and passport stamps are good. So are hotel/apartment receipts. 

Phone records are less good but it doesn’t hurt to include them. 

If the photos are all from the same visit they don’t help much. If you have a series of photos over time from diffeeent visits, that is better. 

yes we got married the first visit after 9 months of communication him and his family communicated with mine and talked about the marriage . he is a us citizen and im a moroccan . and yes all of the photos are from one visit for a month but we are going to travel overseas in few months and we are willing to incluse those pics in the nvc stage . and what do you mean by having wills 

So if you’re the beneficiary, why are you completing the I-130? 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
Just now, JFH said:

So if you’re the beneficiary, why are you completing the I-130? 

my husband's job do not allow him to have a lot of free time to do all this so he completed the forms and im just orga,izing the evidnce and doing rsearches but he is the one who is going to put everything together and send it 

22 minutes ago, zahra33 said:

my husband's job do not allow him to have a lot of free time to do all this so he completed the forms and im just orga,izing the evidnce and doing rsearches but he is the one who is going to put everything together and send it 

The form takes 10 minutes to fill out.  He can't spend 10 minutes for love?  You also don't need proof of ongoing relationship.  That comes at the interview.

Affidavits arena worth the paper they are written on.  You should have pictures together and copies of passport stamps from the same visit.  That is pretty good proof.  Receipts and boarding passes are only good if they are with the pictures.  Without pictures all you can prove is he was thereunto that you were together.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

The form takes 10 minutes to fill out.  He can't spend 10 minutes for love?  You also don't need proof of ongoing relationship.  That comes at the interview.

Affidavits arena worth the paper they are written on.  You should have pictures together and copies of passport stamps from the same visit.  That is pretty good proof.  Receipts and boarding passes are only good if they are with the pictures.  Without pictures all you can prove is he was thereunto that you were together.

hey ; 

yes he is filing everything i said im just helping organizing the evidence but he is doing most part of it and filing everything . and we do have a lot of pics that we are submitting the only problem is that my husband do not have his passport in hand at the moment to copy stamp of arrival and departure but we do have lot of pics and proof of booking our honeyoon destination

1 minute ago, zahra33 said:

hey ; 

yes he is filing everything i said im just helping organizing the evidence but he is doing most part of it and filing everything . and we do have a lot of pics that we are submitting the only problem is that my husband do not have his passport in hand at the moment to copy stamp of arrival and departure but we do have lot of pics and proof of booking our honeyoon destination

That is all weak proof.  The passport stamps are important.  Booking a venue dent prove much either. Try to get copies of the passport stamps if you can.  Those are excellent proof that he was in country.  Those with the pictures makes the best proof.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
26 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is all weak proof.  The passport stamps are important.  Booking a venue dent prove much either. Try to get copies of the passport stamps if you can.  Those are excellent proof that he was in country.  Those with the pictures makes the best proof.

yes i undrstand but it is very hard to get those copies right now and im really sad about that but we gonna have to do without it for the moment and send them aliong with other travel tpgether in few months and send it in the nvc stage in case we got approved but dont you think that the marriage cetificate with his signature and everuthing and the pics with dates plus the affidavits stating the same thing prove that he was here ?

8 minutes ago, zahra33 said:

yes i undrstand but it is very hard to get those copies right now and im really sad about that but we gonna have to do without it for the moment and send them aliong with other travel tpgether in few months and send it in the nvc stage in case we got approved but dont you think that the marriage cetificate with his signature and everuthing and the pics with dates plus the affidavits stating the same thing prove that he was here ?

I guess you should just do the best you can. Try to look at it through a stranger’s eyes. If you feel good about the proof then that is the all that is needed. I would try to get copies of his passport stamps in case you get an RFE. Just do the very best you can and all will be fine. Good luck to you. 

Make sure you fill out your timeline when you get a chance. What country are you from?

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.