Tia Stephanie

RFE for intent to marry

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello, I'm June 2018 filler, i just got RFE from USCIS on December 23rd 2018. They ask me to send evidence to get marry,the evidence could be statement or wedding preparations  , but I've sent my letter intent to marry with my package before. 

So should i send them like my pre wedding invoices, wedding ring invoice plus make another intent to marry letter? 

Hopefully people that has some experience like me can help. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Tia Stephanie said:

Hello, I'm June 2018 filler, i just got RFE from USCIS on December 23rd 2018. They ask me to send evidence to get marry,the evidence could be statement or wedding preparations  , but I've sent my letter intent to marry with my package before. 

So should i send them like my pre wedding invoices, wedding ring invoice plus make another intent to marry letter? 

Hopefully people that has some experience like me can help. Thank you

We are also June 2018 filer and about to receive RFE for the same reason like yours. What we did is here: My fiance wrote a letter of intent to marry for the both of us, 2 letters, mine and his. He sent me the softcopy of my letter of intent that he did, and i printed it out and signed it. I sent him the scanned copy of that. Because we were advised that the wet ink is not necessary specially for the beneficiary. But you’ll need the wet ink during interview. So now all is set and we’re just waiting for RFE to arrive. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Angel & Joseph said:

We are also June 2018 filer and about to receive RFE for the same reason like yours. What we did is here: My fiance wrote a letter of intent to marry for the both of us, 2 letters, mine and his. He sent me the softcopy of my letter of intent that he did, and i printed it out and signed it. I sent him the scanned copy of that. Because we were advised that the wet ink is not necessary specially for the beneficiary. But you’ll need the wet ink during interview. So now all is set and we’re just waiting for RFE to arrive. 

Thank you for ur sharing! :D

how about wedding preparations that they mentioned? We don't need to submit evidence for that? 

and the letter of intent u send this time is different with letter of intent you sent before, isn't it? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Tia Stephanie said:

how about wedding preparations that they mentioned? We don't need to submit evidence for that? 

and the letter of intent u send this time is different with letter of intent you sent before, isn't it? 

Show what RFE exactly asks for please. Usually "evidence to marry" are 2 separate statement, signed (copy of signature is ok)  One statement from petitioner, one statement from beneficiary stating their intent to get married within 90 days of arrival. You don't need anything else. Some people right one single letter and both sign it, but that seems to be a coin toss if it will be sufficient or not. 2 separate letters are best. 

6 hours ago, Tia Stephanie said:

The two letters, one from you and one from the petitioner is all that is needed to answer the RFE. The letter of intent can be identical to the one you use to submit your application with. Be sure to follow the instructions with only what they ask. Nothing more is needed and could delay your application even further so it's best to just follow their request contained in the letter. This is a small item and will not hold you application up any longer then need be.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The two letters, one from you and one from the petitioner is all that is needed to answer the RFE. The letter of intent can be identical to the one you use to submit your application with. Be sure to follow the instructions with only what they ask. Nothing more is needed and could delay your application even further so it's best to just follow their request contained in the letter. This is a small item and will not hold you application up any longer then need be.

Thank you so much for ur reply :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.