3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I came to the US on a K1 visa and our relationship was bona fide. I got my first green card without an interview. When I applied for ROC, I was still with my husband so we filed a joint petition. A few months later, he had an affair and physically abused me. I eas so devastated and depressed. I waited months to finally let go of him and I filed for divorce. I'm in school and working full time so I didnt have time to get to completel the new ROC package to let uscis know I got divorced recently and my I751 was approved before I could let them know. What do I do now? I still want to let them know but I'm approved now so should I just wait for naturalization to let them know? That would look bad though. Please help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You mentioned Naturalisation otherwise I doubt it would come up, before you go that route I would seek competent legal advice.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, gissynicaragua said:

Hello,

I came to the US on a K1 visa and our relationship was bona fide. I got my first green card without an interview. When I applied for ROC, I was still with my husband so we filed a joint petition. A few months later, he had an affair and physically abused me. I eas so devastated and depressed. I waited months to finally let go of him and I filed for divorce. I'm in school and working full time so I didnt have time to get to completel the new ROC package to let uscis know I got divorced recently and my I751 was approved before I could let them know. What do I do now? I still want to let them know but I'm approved now so should I just wait for naturalization to let them know? That would look bad though. Please help!

You got approved for i-751 but you filed for divorce right before? What's approved is approved. I think you can't file for naturalization based on marriage now, you have to wait to apply based on the 5 year rule.

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.