madmanmike

Seeking advice on path for fiancee

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

SRRV negates the need for an ACR card as it is a residency card with mega perks ...  But it can be a costly process for some as it required rather large deposits in a secure bank acct.

ACR-I card is the fairly quick and easy.    A lease or rental contract isn't difficult either, unless you are living on family property.

" Foreign property deeds or registration (although proof of property ownership in itself, may be insufficient if there is no evidence that the petitioner resides at that property "

Passport stamps is HUGE evidence of presence in the Phils ;)  

Please Note: Certain pieces of evidence may more strongly support a finding of residency than others.  For petitions filed at this field office, you must submit one or more of the following:

• Resident Alien Card
  • Foreign Property Deed/Rental/Lease

In addition, other evidence of residency may include, but is not limited to:

• Utility bills
  • Housing lease
  • Work contract or other employment documents
  • Proof of local registration
  • Local bank statements
  • Proof of school enrollment
  • Vehicle registration
  • Valid local driver’s license
  • Tax documents listing an address in the Philippines
  • Passport entry stamp
  • Foreign property deeds or registration (although proof of property ownership in itself, may be insufficient if there is no evidence that the petitioner resides at that property)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 7:08 AM, Matrix13 said:

DCF is definitely the gold standard for visas, it's the quickest of your 3 options and she will have her green card status immediately upon arrival in the US. But, getting them to accept your petition is a bit of a gamble. The driving factor of whether they accept your petition is the residency requirement.

Your residency qualification will be based on a decision by the USCIS Manila field office. Their residency guidance is on their website. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/philippines-uscis-manila-field-office

I was in a similar situation as yours, so I researched the DCF and found anecdotal evidence that my being in the Philippines on a tourist visa was not going to be enough to allow the field office to consider me a resident. Because of that, we delayed our marriage plans and opted for the K-1 because of the timeline advantage it has over the CR-1. 

Good luck to you, whichever route you choose

Actually a "tourist visa" is how most expat are living in the Phils  ... that plus an ACR card.    

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/24/2018 at 10:25 PM, Hank_ said:

Actually a "tourist visa" is how most expat are living in the Phils  ... that plus an ACR card.    

You're absolutely right. The "tourist visa" (technically called a temporary visitor's visa) & ACR-I card is the way lots of us make the Philippines our home. 

Can anyone provide the OP with a (recent) case where a USC was allowed to submit their DCF in Manila while staying in the Phils on a tourist visa? If you can, please include the length of time the USC was living in the Phils.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Matrix13 said:

You're absolutely right. The "tourist visa" (technically called a temporary visitor's visa) & ACR-I card is the way lots of us make the Philippines our home. 

Can anyone provide the OP with a (recent) case where a USC was allowed to submit their DCF in Manila while staying in the Phils on a tourist visa? If you can, please include the length of time the USC was living in the Phils.

Not possible.  A tourist entry alone is not evidence of residency.  

Filing and Other Special Instructions:

If you are filing with USCIS Manila, you must submit the petition and supporting evidence in person.

Evidence of residency must be submitted with the petition. The evidence you submit must support a determination that you are a resident in the Philippines.

Please Note: Certain pieces of evidence may more strongly support a finding of residency than others.  For petitions filed at this field office, you must submit one or more of the following:

• Resident Alien Card
  • Foreign Property Deed/Rental/Lease

In addition, other evidence of residency may include, but is not limited to:

• Utility bills
  • Housing lease
  • Work contract or other employment documents
  • Proof of local registration
  • Local bank statements
  • Proof of school enrollment
  • Vehicle registration
  • Valid local driver’s license
  • Tax documents listing an address in the Philippines
  • Passport entry stamp
  • Foreign property deeds or registration (although proof of property ownership in itself, may be insufficient if there is no evidence that the petitioner resides at that property)

YMMV

Timeline
3 hours ago, Matrix13 said:

Most everyone that submits a  DCF are on a "tourist visa" ... WITH an ACR card.   I know of none that had any other type of "visa" for legal status in the Philippines.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have any advice about voicemail in the Philippines? My fiancé is cell service is the worst ever. I think she will miss the call from the embassy about her interview and I’m having a hard time finding a voicemail option for her

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Brianm said:

Does anyone have any advice about voicemail in the Philippines? My fiancé is cell service is the worst ever. I think she will miss the call from the embassy about her interview and I’m having a hard time finding a voicemail option for her

No such thing as a call from the Embassy.  You drive the process and set up the appointment yourself

PS Don't hijack another thread.  Start your own

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, Brianm said:

Didn't you post this once already?

Answer is the same.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Brianm said:

Why do you think the embassy would call her to schedule a appointment, has she paid the interview fee yet, medical? 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why do you think the embassy would call her to schedule a appointment, has she paid the interview fee yet, medical? 

It's called 6 months to figure out the process and now it is CRISIS mode

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.