Cz100000

Interview Cell Phone Check!

28 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Someone I read earlier also commented about London being “lax” in the past in regards to interviews. Not only is this disrespectful but also untrue. 

I think the term lax is used in a kind way that's not meant to be insulting of the embassy. Compared to many other embassies, which are known to be exceedingly difficult to downright insane, London might be considered relatively easy all things considered - provided of course you have a normal case, which in the OP's example doesn't seem to be.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

I think in the case of the "No live Trace" they just want a SAR. But even if you bring the SAR I think they want to call to confirm the SAR is accurate. I'm only guessing , but in our case the "Additional Administrative Processing" we were in lasted about 3 days and then the case flopped over to Ready > Non Immigrant Application Received > Non Immigrant Admin Processing (Which I think is the 'normal' AP)...Hoping for an Issued next week or some time shortly after Christmas!

The big things I think they're looking to avoid are visa/fraud related things, and CIMTs. If it's neither of that, you should be in for an okay time.

Edited by NearEthereal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This sounds so out of the ordinary for London. I guess, if there is something they can’t put their finger on??! 

Im not sure. 3 questions and i was done for my interview; she even called my fiancé over to stand beside me. She was so lovely, smiley. I’m just shocked as London is a relatively easy, lovely and straightforward Embassy meaning there shouldn’t be many issues as given per trends of years vs months. However many complainers are reluctant to share their situations and reasons for an unstraightforward case 🙄 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
14 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I think the term lax is used in a kind way that's not meant to be insulting of the embassy. Compared to many other embassies, which are known to be exceedingly difficult to downright insane, London might be considered relatively easy all things considered - provided of course you have a normal case, which in the OP's example doesn't seem to be.

That may be the case. But in regards to the reference I read it in and the way the person used it gives me inidication that the OP might think others slipped through the net with much less scrutiny which is NOT the case. I fought for my K1 and I made sure I didn’t leave the Embassy without an immediate approval. I had a mere filling cabinet with me lmao 😂 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline

Which is why I think it’s disrespectful as OP put “lax” in that context maybe?! So untrue, utter rubbish. I bet if people gave more info of their situations then you could fix the jigsaw 

3 minutes ago, jakejon said:

That may be the case. But in regards to the reference I read it in and the way the person used it gives me inidication that the OP might think others slipped through the net with much less scrutiny which is NOT the case. I fought for my K1 and I made sure I didn’t leave the Embassy without an immediate approval. I had a mere filling cabinet with me lmao 😂 

What was your situation though?

-No Live Trace?
- Not Enough/Too Many visits to the US?
- Living in other places before age 16?
- Working as an engineer or other similar fields?
-MIlitary contract or dependent of someone in the military?

Just as you get the indication that OP think others slipped through the cracks, I'm kind of getting the indication from you that you think just because you were well prepared, that others regardless of the above (or other!) circumstances were somehow less prepared than you were and so perhaps deserving of their outcome.  Sometimes, there is just information that you cannot provide; what if your name matched a 'hit' in the database because it is common?

:) No one wants to play tone police. Let's all just continue working under the understanding that everyone is supportive and wants to help people here.

Timeline

Huh. Well I had no trace, 9 trips in the past two years, was prepared (even though I didn’t show any of it as wasn’t asked), never lived anywhere else than the wonderful UK. Yeah I get what your saying. I’m just so maddened by the disrespectful comment I seen earlier, which was trash. London is a good Embassy. Strict, stern but fair. Good luck ☺️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jakejon said:

many complainers are reluctant to share their situations and reasons for an unstraightforward case 🙄 

all of that and more.

While there are certainly legitimate relationships that are more heavily scrutinized than need be, the reason is due to many NON bonafide relationships trying to APPEAR to be real.

these people at the consulate see these cases day in and day out. They know what seems legit and what doesnt, and sometimes its just a 'spidy-sense', if you will. so, that goes off, and they may start looking more closely than what may be considered 'normal', especially in typically low fraud countries.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

I'm confused. I thought cell phones were not allowed inside the embassies. We have an interview scheduled for early January in Dominican Republic. We were planning on leaving our cell phones home. Please advice

9 hours ago, VALU said:

I'm confused. I thought cell phones were not allowed inside the embassies. We have an interview scheduled for early January in Dominican Republic. We were planning on leaving our cell phones home. Please advice

Im not sure about DR but in London there was a sign on the window that said to keep all cell phones turned off. So maybe bring it with you just in case but keep it turned off.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, jakejon said:

Never thought that. And never even indicated I thought the system is lax. And for your information we also went in there with a “mere filing cabinet” and still was put into AP. Congrats you are very fortunate to have a positive outcome on your case. Hoping the same for us as well.

Timeline
On 12/23/2018 at 2:39 AM, Cz100000 said:

Never thought that. And never even indicated I thought the system is lax. And for your information we also went in there with a “mere filing cabinet” and still was put into AP. Congrats you are very fortunate to have a positive outcome on your case. Hoping the same for us as well.

No sorry-I read a comment that was complete bull regarding an assumption of previous cases. London is ruthless but fair. I felt personally it was unnecessary for someone who has yet to have a visa in their hand to come and comment such a remark here whilst knowing how difficult the process is. Their case (AP) is nothing in correlation to anyone else-so can't draw comparisons. Sorry just thought it was a little disrespectful. ANyhow I hope everyone waiting gets their visa rightfully so soon :)  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.