nhguy

I-751 relationship evidence

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

How many months of bills(credit card, household bills etc) should we include for evidence? Basically should we try and have two years or is that just overkill? Right now we are around 18 months...

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It's best to have statements from marriage date to the time you file. I don't think every month is necessary, we did every 3 months. 

My wife could not start working until about 7 months into marriage so we don't really have any comingling until that time. We do have our tax returns for that time(the first year) and onward. 

I hope that wont be a problem? She was a K1 visa so no work permit at first plus had to wait to apply for a drivers license until the work permit arrived.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, ch3john said:

It's best to have statements from marriage date to the time you file. I don't think every month is necessary, we did every 3 months. 

Would you do Marriage until filing 751, or from filing of AOS until 751? (just wondering because we already gave them everything at the time of filing AOS, so should people start from scratch or from AOS?)

K-1

Spoiler

4/20/16: Application Mailed

4/26/16: NOA1 (Hard Copy Received: 4/30/16)

7/11/16: NOA2 (Hard Copy Received: 7/14/16)

7/28/16: NVC Case# Received!

9/27/16: Interview (APPROVED)

10/28/16: POE

11/26/16: Wedding

AOS

Spoiler

12/9/16: Package Delivered to Chicago

12/14/16: Check Cashed

12/15/17: NOA1 (All cases)

1/13/17: Biometrics Appointment

1/20/17: Status Changed (I485): Ready to schedule Interview

3/10/17: Service Request (I765) by phone (91 days)

3/10/17: EAD Approved ("New Card is Being Produced")

3/16/17: Received EAD/AP Approval notices in mail

3/21/17: EAD Status Changed: "Card has been mailed to me"

3/21/17: EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail (102 days) (YAYYYY)

9/13/17: Date of Interview (Approved!)

9/13/17: Status changed to Card in production

9/14/17: Status changed to Case Approved

9/19/17: Green Card in Hand :D

ROC
Spoiler
5/15/19: NOA: Received reminder letter to file from USCIS
6/20/19: Mailed Package to USCIS PO BOX AZ
6/22/19: Package Delivered (signed for by USCIS)
6/26/19: NOA1 (hard copy received 6/28/19)
6/27/19: Check Cashed, text/email received to expect receipt. 
6/28/19: Hard Copy NOA1 Received (California Svs Center)
1/15/20: Biometrics taken
4/16/20: Case Approved
4/22/20: green card in hand 😄

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dotagirlandboy said:

Would you do Marriage until filing 751, or from filing of AOS until 751? (just wondering because we already gave them everything at the time of filing AOS, so should people start from scratch or from AOS?)

It would make sense to submit from AOS to ROC since you probably submitted from marriage to AOS. But the instructions for i-751 say from marriage to present, just to be safe we sent from marriage.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, ch3john said:

It would make sense to submit from AOS to ROC since you probably submitted from marriage to AOS. But the instructions for i-751 say from marriage to present, just to be safe we sent from marriage.

Ahh ok ya that makes sense! We’re not quite ready to file so I haven’t read the instructions yet. 

K-1

Spoiler

4/20/16: Application Mailed

4/26/16: NOA1 (Hard Copy Received: 4/30/16)

7/11/16: NOA2 (Hard Copy Received: 7/14/16)

7/28/16: NVC Case# Received!

9/27/16: Interview (APPROVED)

10/28/16: POE

11/26/16: Wedding

AOS

Spoiler

12/9/16: Package Delivered to Chicago

12/14/16: Check Cashed

12/15/17: NOA1 (All cases)

1/13/17: Biometrics Appointment

1/20/17: Status Changed (I485): Ready to schedule Interview

3/10/17: Service Request (I765) by phone (91 days)

3/10/17: EAD Approved ("New Card is Being Produced")

3/16/17: Received EAD/AP Approval notices in mail

3/21/17: EAD Status Changed: "Card has been mailed to me"

3/21/17: EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail (102 days) (YAYYYY)

9/13/17: Date of Interview (Approved!)

9/13/17: Status changed to Card in production

9/14/17: Status changed to Case Approved

9/19/17: Green Card in Hand :D

ROC
Spoiler
5/15/19: NOA: Received reminder letter to file from USCIS
6/20/19: Mailed Package to USCIS PO BOX AZ
6/22/19: Package Delivered (signed for by USCIS)
6/26/19: NOA1 (hard copy received 6/28/19)
6/27/19: Check Cashed, text/email received to expect receipt. 
6/28/19: Hard Copy NOA1 Received (California Svs Center)
1/15/20: Biometrics taken
4/16/20: Case Approved
4/22/20: green card in hand 😄

Besides bank statements I sent from entry to ROC.  For you, AOS to ROC with anything you didnt send for AOS  but covers that timeframe. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Since my wife did not even start working for the first 7-8 months she has no banking etc until that time. Plus I pay all our bills so my name is on everything for the household bills etc. But we have all our bank statements from when she did start working which show her depositing into our joint account and me transferring the money into the bill paying account. So they will have a complete paper trail if they just look at it.

Does that sound good to everyone?

And just to confirm: With the normal house bills I am only going to include a bill from every 3-4 months, not every month?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, nhguy said:

Since my wife did not even start working for the first 7-8 months she has no banking etc until that time. Plus I pay all our bills so my name is on everything for the household bills etc. But we have all our bank statements from when she did start working which show her depositing into our joint account and me transferring the money into the bill paying account. So they will have a complete paper trail if they just look at it.

Does that sound good to everyone?

And just to confirm: With the normal house bills I am only going to include a bill from every 3-4 months, not every month?

Thank you!

If just your name is on the normal house bills, I don't really see the point in sending them in as evidence. As for the bank statements, was it a joint account the whole time? or just since she started working? If the whole time, then you should send statements for the entire time. The two names on the statements are more important than deposit info. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

We are thinking it is good to submit the house bills as they all have my name/address and my wife has lot's of paperwork with the same address. We also have all the bank paperwork linking our house bills being paid from the joint account which shows my wife making deposits into the joint account. So a nice paper trail which proves we are paying the bills together at the same address. We did not have the joint account until my wife started working as she had no income, which was a good seven months in due to the whole work permit thing and getting a license.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.