jelti

AOS 2 Months Over K-1 & Missing NOA2...

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

After reading the guide here on VJ on how to apply for AOS & an EAD we’re really ready to apply this time for my AOS and I’m only coming up on two months over my K-1.. :(

I have two questions regarding AOS:D

Is the original (I-129F) NOA2 Approval Notice as requested when for applying for AOS required at the AOS interview? Long story short all I can find are photocopies of NOA’s 1 & 2 from the I-129F. The hard copies appear to be MIA in the move over to the US.. :hehe:

My other questions is.. I-693 Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking AOS.. what is this? I thought all the medical stuff was done before I was issued the K-1? I obtained no documents from the Embassy or the Hospital where the medical was carried out? Any help in this area would be nice.. I had my Medical in Scotland! :P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The above was written by me.. and accidentally posted under my wife’s username… :blush:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You will need the original K1 NOA2 for your AOS interview. I believe it is one of the documents asked for on the interview checklist, and you're also required to bring originals of all photocopied documents submitted with the AOS application. Perhaps search some more for it. :)

Your K1 medical results would have been in the sealed envelope handed in at the POE when you arrived in the US. As long as you file for AOS within a year of having your K1 medical examination, you are not required to have another complete medical. However, you are required to get a Vaccination Supplement (form I-693A) completed by a civil surgeon in your area.

Go here to find one in your area: http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

Take all of your vaccination records along to your appointment. The civil surgeon will transfer this information on to the I-693A for you (either the doc's office will have the form or you can download it), and put it in a sealed envelope (ask for a copy for your records). You can send this sealed envelope in with your AOS application.

Good luck. :)

Edited to add: as long as you had your medical exam within the year prior to filing AOS, you only need form I-693A. I believe form I-693 is part of the complete medical examination. I hope that makes sense. :)

Edited by Becky

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
You will need the original K1 NOA2 for your AOS interview. I believe it is one of the documents asked for on the interview checklist, and you're also required to bring originals of all photocopied documents submitted with the AOS application. Perhaps search some more for it. :)

Your K1 medical results would have been in the sealed envelope handed in at the POE when you arrived in the US. As long as you file for AOS within a year of having your K1 medical examination, you are not required to have another complete medical. However, you are required to get a Vaccination Supplement (form I-693A) completed by a civil surgeon in your area.

Go here to find one in your area: http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

Take all of your vaccination records along to your appointment. The civil surgeon will transfer this information on to the I-693A for you (either the doc's office will have the form or you can download it), and put it in a sealed envelope (ask for a copy for your records). You can send this sealed envelope in with your AOS application.

Good luck. :)

Edited to add: as long as you had your medical exam within the year prior to filing AOS, you only need form I-693A. I believe form I-693 is part of the complete medical examination. I hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks for the response Becky!

We’ve searched everything, everywhere.. We can’t find it :( ! Is there any way possible to get another original copy of the NOA2? The only thing we have remaining is very perfect photocopies of the original…

I was thinking the same thing.. my medical results had to have been in the brown envelope that I gave them when I arrived! :blink: Luckily I still have the notes given to me by my doctor back home stating what vaccinations I had and when. The people at the medical took note of this and I believe added it to my records which where in turn passed on to the embassy. That link you posted doesn’t appear to do much for me? My state, city, ZIP & district office don’t produce any civil surgeons in my area, I’m probally doing it wrong :lol: ? I suppose my new doctor here in the US wouldn’t be any good?..

Thanks for the help! :D

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have read on here where others have lost this document.

I am pretty sure they had to either call or send in a form requesting a new NOA2.

I forget the cost of it, but I know it will cost you alittle bit to get a new one.

Also I have read it takes awhile to get it.

Good luck

But you only need photcopies of it to send in your AOS

So I would get on it now so you can have it by the time you get your AOS interview.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

I have read on here where others have lost this document.

I am pretty sure they had to either call or send in a form requesting a new NOA2.

I forget the cost of it, but I know it will cost you alittle bit to get a new one.

Also I have read it takes awhile to get it.

Good luck

But you only need photcopies of it to send in your AOS

So I would get on it now so you can have it by the time you get your AOS interview.

Hi again, does anyone know where I can call or write to get another official NOA2? Cuz we really have lost ours. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I checked my cover letter - and I only sent in a copy of my NOA2. I was never asked for the NOA2. And I checked my file and I HAVE THE ORIGINAL NOA2 HERE IN MY FILE! So! From my experience you only need a copy. By the way this is the NOA2 that I received (approval of the petition - I am the USC.) Why did you have the original in Ireland (you say you lost it in the move?) I didn't send it to my fiance (now wife) when she went for her interview. Good Luck with the rest

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline
Hi again, does anyone know where I can call or write to get another official NOA2? Cuz we really have lost ours. :unsure:

You will need to file an I-824 to request a duplicate approval notice. The fee is $200.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-824.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I imagine if you call the USCIS line, they might be able to tell you how. I'm sorry, I don't know how to ask for a reorder of the NOA. :(

You should be okay with copies in your AOS package; they don't seem to want originals. At the interview, it all depends on what your officer asks for, I think.

For physicians and the vaccination supplement, you should definitely call around because rates vary considerably between people. You could also see if anyone in your area has any recommendations. Sometimes you can get any needed jabs done at your county/regional/city health office for much cheaper than a civil surgeon would charge.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

I checked my cover letter - and I only sent in a copy of my NOA2. I was never asked for the NOA2. And I checked my file and I HAVE THE ORIGINAL NOA2 HERE IN MY FILE! So! From my experience you only need a copy. By the way this is the NOA2 that I received (approval of the petition - I am the USC.) Why did you have the original in Ireland (you say you lost it in the move?) I didn't send it to my fiance (now wife) when she went for her interview. Good Luck with the rest

I lived in Ireland with Aidan when we first started the K-1 process. I had my mother send me the original NOA1 and NOA2 because I wanted Aidan to have it for his interview just in case. I moved back to Florida before Aidan's interview (needed to get a job so I could get Aidan his Affidavit of Support) and told him to take good care of the NOA's. Somehow they must have gotten lost during his move to Florida. :unsure:

You will need to file an I-824 to request a duplicate approval notice. The fee is $200.

Well there goes that. There's no way we can afford that right now. We're still trying to save up the money to pay for his AOS, and he's already past his 90-days. :(

For physicians and the vaccination supplement, you should definitely call around because rates vary considerably between people. You could also see if anyone in your area has any recommendations. Sometimes you can get any needed jabs done at your county/regional/city health office for much cheaper than a civil surgeon would charge.

You're not lyin. We called the Civil Surgeon in Ocala, FL and not only was the lady very rude (kept insisting that he needs a full medical for $590, even after I nicely explained to her that he has already had his medical and just needs the vaccination supplement), but they charge $150 just for the vaccination supplement!! After crying my eyes out to Aidan, I called a Civil Surgeon in Orlando and the lady was super nice, knew exactly what I needed, and told me the fee was $50.

But, they said Aidan needs the Varicella vaccine, and they don't do that in Ireland. Why does he need it now if he passed his interview without one?

OMG! LOL!! I JUST FOUND OUR NOA'S!!!! :dance:

I'm seriously such a dork...I had them the whole time! :blush:

Edited by jelti

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad you found your NOA's :thumbs:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Hooray for finding the NOAs!!! You have saved yourself lots of money and aggravation.

Now make a bunch of copies and put them somewhere you won't lose them!!! And make sure *both* of you know where they are in case one of you forgets :wacko: (that's the kind of thing that would happen to me)

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.