John & Mei

Potomac Service Center NOA1 to NOA2 Processing Times recent improvements

56 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Question I received my NOA1 but haven't received anything else. Is that a good sign because I see a lot of folks getting RFE's and found one lady who posted approved on her timeline with only a NOA1 listed on her timeline. Just a lot of info to take in. 🤔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrs. Oluyede said:

Question I received my NOA1 but haven't received anything else. Is that a good sign because I see a lot of folks getting RFE's and found one lady who posted approved on her timeline with only a NOA1 listed on her timeline. Just a lot of info to take in. 🤔

RFE can come at anytime. No one really knows. Some getvthem when they first submit their application and some get them during the application review process. Processing times are moving fast for Potomac though. 

2 hours ago, Mrs. Oluyede said:

Don't always believe what people put on their timelines.  Every few months people come here just to mess with out heads.  They will claim 3 month approvals but they never even filed.  They seem to enjoy the chaos.  Just relax and you will see the truth ooze through.  LOL

Most RFEs come at the end stage when the adjudicator actually looks at the file.  There are a few early but most are at that 5 to 6 month stage.  You may not see anything until NOA2!

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
23 hours ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

RFE can come at anytime. No one really knows. Some getvthem when they first submit their application and some get them during the application review process. Processing times are moving fast for Potomac though. 

Thanks for the feedback

Timeline

Seems like the holidays slowed down the visa process now. No new approvals since 12/17/18 😭😭😩😩😥😥😥😔😔😔! I mailed my passport off so I can change my name. I hope I get it back soon with all these government issues. 

Edited by Shanika&Rohan

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any comments regarding the holiday slowdown? Have you looked at last years trends? Did Noa2 approvals pick up after the New Year? Thank you for any updates. I’m pd 8/3 and it seems like Potomac just stopped at one 8/2 approval and end of July. Last approval before the holidays on 12/20. 

On 12/31/2018 at 12:55 PM, Shanika&Rohan said:

Any comments regarding the holiday slowdown? Have you looked at last years trends? Did Noa2 approvals pick up after the New Year? Thank you for any updates. I’m pd 8/3 and it seems like Potomac just stopped at one 8/2 approval and end of July. Last approval before the holidays on 12/20. 

Don't pay such close attention to Igor's list.  There were approvals.  People don't update their timelines until things settle down after the holidays.  The timelines here are not a true picture of all that is happening at Potomac (or any other service center).  We rely on people to update so if they get approved and don't update we will not see it.  Just relax.  They are still working.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Don't pay such close attention to Igor's list.  There were approvals.  People don't update their timelines until things settle down after the holidays.  The timelines here are not a true picture of all that is happening at Potomac (or any other service center).  We rely on people to update so if they get approved and don't update we will not see it.  Just relax.  They are still working.

Okay, thank you. I feel a lot better now. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

You were so right. People are beginning to post their approvals now. I see an 8/9 approval, that gives me hope 8/3. 

3 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

You were so right. People are beginning to post their approvals now. I see an 8/9 approval, that gives me hope 8/3. 

Always keep the faith!  This journey is tough but it always ends!  Your time is coming soon!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Always keep the faith!  This journey is tough but it always ends!  Your time is coming soon!

Thank you for the encouraging words. I will remember that. 

Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 9:49 AM, John & Mei said:

I saw the new ones and have updated the image, adding in a "Thank You" to those amazing folks at the Potomac Service Center who are making this all possible.  The latest two came in under the simple prediction trend I plotted. Not sure what the holiday impact will be for the time line. But, if any of the Potomac Service Center personnel are able to view this, Thank You and Happy Holidays.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.40.16 AM.png

Can you update your plot graph by the end of this week please? I think a lot more approvals will be in. Thank you for all your hard work in creating this visual. 

Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 6:51 PM, Mrs. Oluyede said:

Good day, are you also an April filer? Mine was routed to the Potomac SC back in Nov. Theyre still way back in 19, Jan as at today. Hopefully we would start getting some updates in the coming weeks. Best wishes

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Bini & Ladonna said:

Good day, are you also an April filer? Mine was routed to the Potomac SC back in Nov. Theyre still way back in 19, Jan as at today. Hopefully we would start getting some updates in the coming weeks. Best wishes

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

Have you looked at this? Have you called the service center? I saw a February approval on 12/28. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

Have you looked at this? Have you called the service center? I saw a February approval on 12/28. 

Thank you. How can we have our names on this list? We are getting really worried even though there are other April filers who are yet to get NOA2. I just can’t wait to set out what my wife and I said we would do once we are together. I wish we had spent more time exploring more places when she came visiting last 2 years. People really get depressed from all this 😥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.