emil2888

AP after interview(merged)

34 posts in this topic

i have this  situation my wife had her interview on the november 29 they only asked for joint sponsor wich i submitted the next day and my status went to AP on the 4th december it got updated still Showed AP and today i chacked it again it got updated again today and it still shows AP do u guys know whats going on

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Your case is in administrative processing.  Unfortunately, it can not be waived or expedited......and it is open-ended.  Some cases takes weeks, months, or longer to clear......but it has been only a couple of weeks.....your status could change to "issued" any time....good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, emil2888 said:

i have this  situation my wife had her interview on the november 29 they only asked for joint sponsor wich i submitted the next day and my status went to AP on the 4th december it got updated still Showed AP and today i chacked it again it got updated again today and it still shows AP do u guys know whats going on

AP is a black hole but they have been touching the case, most AP cases are resolved 60-90 days if they have asked for additional documents 60-90 days from when they got them.

they never asked for any other papers from my husband, just be happy you know what they want and there is movement, I had to sit on my hands they didn't answer my emails, and it just went on for days and days and days.

my husband case was in AP for 48 days updated once a month, it got updated 2 times in one day AP, and than a few hours later to Issued, be patient it is coming to an end I am sure.

Edited by Khallaf

4 minutes ago, missileman said:

Your case is in administrative processing.  Unfortunately, it can not be waived or expedited......and it is open-ended.  Some cases takes weeks, months, or longer to clear......but it has been only a couple of weeks.....your status could change to "issued" any time....good luck.

Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

AP is a black hole but they have been touching the case, most AP cases are resolved 60-90 days if they have asked for additional documents 60-90 days from when they got them.

they never asked for any other papers from my husband, just be happy you know what they want and there is movement, I had to sit on my hands they didn't answer my emails, and it just went on for days and days and days.

my husband case was in AP for 48 days updated once a month, it got updated 2 times in one day AP, and than a few hours later to Issued, be patient it is coming to an end I am sure.

Thank you 

its just this waiting is killing i dont know what to i check my nvc account the documents i submitted it still shows submitted but the ild ones that i submitted befor interview they went from submitted to accsepted i wanna know befor it turns to issued my submitted documents has to be accepted first?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, emil2888 said:

Thank you 

its just this waiting is killing i dont know what to i check my nvc account the documents i submitted it still shows submitted but the ild ones that i submitted befor interview they went from submitted to accsepted i wanna know befor it turns to issued my submitted documents has to be accepted first?

I am not familiar with CEAC, and uploading documents, that got changed a month after mine, before I had to mail in all my documents,.

I would send an email to embassy and just double check to make sure they got them, and then ask them for a time line, but my gut tells me if they are updating CEAC then they got it and are working on the case.

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

I am not familiar with CEAC, and uploading documents, that got changed a month after mine, before I had to mail in all my documents,.

I would send an email to embassy and just double check to make sure they got them, and then ask them for a time line, but my gut tells me if they are updating CEAC then they got it and are working on the case.

lets hope for the best 

Timeline
1 minute ago, emil2888 said:

lets hope for the best 

I know how heart wrenching the wait can be.

My husband received his visa in hand same day he picked me up from the airport when I visited in October, he has things to finish up before he moves here for good, and we made the decision to have him wait till the last min before his visa expires so he could do that and it would be past our 2 year anniversary so he got his 10 year green card, this will also avoid ROC.

its hard knowing he has his visa and can travel at any time but has business to clear up, and isn't here, so I know waiting is frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I know how heart wrenching the wait can be.

My husband received his visa in hand same day he picked me up from the airport when I visited in October, he has things to finish up before he moves here for good, and we made the decision to have him wait till the last min before his visa expires so he could do that and it would be past our 2 year anniversary so he got his 10 year green card, this will also avoid ROC.

its hard knowing he has his visa and can travel at any time but has business to clear up, and isn't here, so I know waiting is frustrating.

after issued how long i need to wait to get my passport in hand

Timeline
Just now, emil2888 said:

after issued how long i need to wait to get my passport in hand

2 days takes them to get it to courier and for them to text her to pick it up

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
Just now, emil2888 said:

Thank u so much u gave me a hope

IDK what country you are in but for Egypt it was 2 days :)

I am sure you and your wife will be together soon, and as far as travel is concerned I have found really good international ticket prices at www.momondo.com

good luck with the rest of your journey.

5 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

IDK what country you are in but for Egypt it was 2 days :)

I am sure you and your wife will be together soon, and as far as travel is concerned I have found really good international ticket prices at www.momondo.com

good luck with the rest of your journey.

Thank you 

i have this  situation my wife had her interview on the november 29 they only asked to submit new joint sponsors at NVC and send passport to the embassy so i did  submit  all the joint sponsors requirements and sent in my passport 

how can i know if they saw the info and everything is good its been almost 2 weeks and i dont even know whats going on

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.