Towa

I-129f taking longer

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I filed I-129f since February 2018. USCIS sent request for evidence in April 2018. I responded to RFE in April 2018 and USCIS Received request for evidence on April 23 2018.

is been 7 months now and no response from USCIS. I made several info pass and many calls to the office but nothing came out of it. 

They only tells me my case is being adjudicated by an officer.

Anyone in the same group or situation?

Thanks

Edited by Towa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Towa said:

Я подал I-129f с февраля 2018 года. USCIS отправил запрос на доказательства в апреле 2018 года. Я ответил на RFE в апреле 2018 года, а USCIS получил запрос на доказательства 23 апреля 2018 года.

Прошло уже 7 месяцев, а ответа от USCIS нет. Я сделал несколько информационных передач и много звонков в офис, но из этого ничего не вышло. 

Они только говорят мне, что мое дело рассматривается офицером.

Кто-нибудь в той же группе или ситуации?

Спасибо

3 hours ago, Towa said:

I filed I-129f since February 2018. USCIS sent request for evidence in April 2018. I responded to RFE in April 2018 and USCIS Received request for evidence on April 23 2018.

is been 7 months now and no response from USCIS. I made several info pass and many calls to the office but nothing came out of it. 

They only tells me my case is being adjudicated by an officer.

Anyone in the same group or situation?

Thanks

Yes same here but my petition is I130. Received rfe in June 6, 2018. Responded and received notice on June 18, 2018. And still waiting for an approval. I call once a week, and have done inquiries every month and had a info appointment. And basically they saying it's pending adjudication and to keep waiting... :(

Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 4:12 AM, jeanita68 said:

Yes same here but my petition is I130. Received rfe in June 6, 2018. Responded and received notice on June 18, 2018. And still waiting for an approval. I call once a week, and have done inquiries every month and had a info appointment. And basically they saying it's pending adjudication and to keep waiting... :(

I have been doing same. I had my I-130 pending for a long time too, I responded to RFE since August 9 2018 and still waiting for approval. I sent in RFE like child birth certificate, wedding pictures, marriage certificate, family pics with our kid, receipt of monies I have been sending to my wife and kid. Is so annoying but nothing you can do.

4 hours ago, Towa said:

I have been doing same. I had my I-130 pending for a long time too, I responded to RFE since August 9 2018 and still waiting for approval. I sent in RFE like child birth certificate, wedding pictures, marriage certificate, family pics with our kid, receipt of monies I have been sending to my wife and kid. Is so annoying but nothing you can do.

Yes, my rfe was for divorce papers and more evidence. I sent our phone log dating back to when we first met in 2015, more plane ticket from my first time. Western Union receipt, more pics, I called today again for the hundredth time. And they keep saying I have to keep waiting. They're saying they still waiting on background checks. And there is no time limit as to how long it will take. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Has anyone received NOA2 yet? Is over 8months now since USCIS received my RFE for i129f. I recently made an info pass and was told “my case is currently being adjudicated and should receive a decision within 45days. 

I also inquire about my i130 which USCIS received RFE for the past 5months and no response since. I was told “MY CASE IS PENDING FOR ADJUDICATION”. Who else is in the boat with me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 5:57 PM, Towa said:

Has anyone received NOA2 yet? Is over 8months now since USCIS received my RFE for i129f. I recently made an info pass and was told “my case is currently being adjudicated and should receive a decision within 45days. 

I also inquire about my i130 which USCIS received RFE for the past 5months and no response since. I was told “MY CASE IS PENDING FOR ADJUDICATION”. Who else is in the boat with me. 

Why do you have 2 petitions?

Timeline

I initially filled I 130, but because it’s taking longer, I filled I 129f (K3 visa)which usually has a shorter approval time and allows the applicant to enter into the country and then file Adjustment of Status(AOS).

1 hour ago, Towa said:

I initially filled I 130, but because it’s taking longer, I filled I 129f (K3 visa)which usually has a shorter approval time and allows the applicant to enter into the country and then file Adjustment of Status(AOS).

K-3 is obsolete and nearly never proceeds through NVC. Typically USCIS will adjudicate them together, and will close the I-129F.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, Towa said:

Yea, that’s true but no harm in trying. Anyway, has anyone received a decision yet? Thanks guys 

There's no direct harm since there's no added fee, and the added paperwork and postage fees aren't significant.

Although based on what others who have tried it, it does seem to take a little longer between filing and I-130 adjudication. Nothing official and it's not common enough to say anything definitively, but at least the last several K-3 attempts I've seen on VJ have all been adjudicated later than the average for their service center.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Well said👍. Is been 9months now since k3 was filed but still no NOA2 yet. Is really frustrating. I was told the k3 is currently being adjudicated and the I -130 is pending for adjudication. I therefore assumed k3 would come quicker but still no decision yet. 

On 2/2/2019 at 11:18 PM, Towa said:

Well said👍. Is been 9months now since k3 was filed but still no NOA2 yet. Is really frustrating. I was told the k3 is currently being adjudicated and the I -130 is pending for adjudication. I therefore assumed k3 would come quicker but still no decision yet. 

Only a handful of K-3s were approved last year, so I doubt this.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.