CaseyBorne88

Question about Affidavit of support....

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have another question about the Affidavit of support so I am just going to bump my old post here. How far in advance can I mail the affidavit of support packet? I am asking because all of my experience with sending and receiving mail from the Philippines has been inconsistent. Sometimes it takes well over a month for mail to arrive and other times I have had things arrive in a little over a week. We hope and plan to process the medical and interview as early as possible.

Also with the it being the new year...Does anyone know if there is any changes planned to be made to the current I-134 form? I have read that "expiration dates" on the forms don't invalidate the document, but I am not up to date on if there is any pending changes. It being a new year makes me curious of the possibility. 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

I have another question about the Affidavit of support so I am just going to bump my old post here. How far in advance can I mail the affidavit of support packet? I am asking because all of my experience with sending and receiving mail from the Philippines has been inconsistent. Sometimes it takes well over a month for mail to arrive and other times I have had things arrive in a little over a week. We hope and plan to process the medical and interview as early as possible.

Also with the it being the new year...Does anyone know if there is any changes planned to be made to the current I-134 form? I have read that "expiration dates" on the forms don't invalidate the document, but I am not up to date on if there is any pending changes. It being a new year makes me curious of the possibility. 🤷‍♂️

Just email the documents to them and you will be fine. If you are trying to send it to them then use Fedex/UPS and not USPS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Nobody knows when a new edition will be posted.  The current edition is dated 11.30.16 (bottom left corner).  Many times they give a transition period where both can be used but we won't know until they update

YMMV

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:38 AM, Hank_ said:

That should make it official .. you haven't read of anyone being asked for support documents.  Next on your list -  notify the embassy to remove that requirement from their checklist.

Document Verification was removed

Been there done that. 

We ate them alive with phone calls and constant torture, I can truly say VJ was a powerful force for change 

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 2:32 AM, Chris Duffy said:

Its been a few years since they USEM has requested Support doucments for K1's.

Please keep us posted if they ask for it.

Interview in 3 weeks.  I will report back on the support evidence requirement

YMMV

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Interview in 3 weeks.  I will report back on the support evidence requirement

Can I make a suggestion:

Don't give the prescrenner any financial support paperwork and see if it is required

Then when interview is done with ask if you are approved, and if then ask the CO why they no longer require the I-134

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Can I make a suggestion:

Don't give the prescrenner any financial support paperwork and see if it is required

Then when interview is done with ask if you are approved, and if then ask the CO why they no longer require the I-134

I will suggest the first, I don't think she has the "stones" to do the latter

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Man I wish you were going, You know how to play the game

Some of us actually still need to work for a living.  She had a choice of interview or transit.  She chose transit.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

NEVER mail anything to the Philippines.  PhilPost truly is a "black hole" when it comes to mail delivery.

You can email most all of the support documents (most recent tax return & W2).   And even though the I-134 requires a wet signature I would email a copy of that also.  When sending the I-134 use DHL, FEDEX, UPS and such (LBC if they are in your area) .. not the mail.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Can I make a suggestion:

With many, EVEN if they try to hand the support evidence to the pre-screener it is not collected.  The pre-screener will not take documents the embassy does not want.  And as we know, the majority of the time the support evidence isn't collected with the K-1 since 2014 (majority .. not always true).

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

NEVER mail anything to the Philippines.  PhilPost truly is a "black hole" when it comes to mail delivery.

You can email most all of the support documents (most recent tax return & W2).   And even though the I-134 requires a wet signature I would email a copy of that also.  When sending the I-134 use DHL, FEDEX, UPS and such (LBC if they are in your area) .. not the mail.

Email, certainly as it costs nothing (for a just in a blue moon scenario).  Why go through the expense of sending via express when the Embassy has not asked for an affidavit for YEARS. 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.