Jump to content
LAbarker

Nao2 expiration and interview schedule

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, our nao2 expiration date is on the 18 of december. Is it fine if i schedule the interview now for january ? Is there anything i have do to because of the expiration date of the nao2 or just taking an action is enough ? We are not ready yet with our papers.

Thanl you very much for your help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

you can ask the petitioner to extend the noa2 with USCIS

Thank you so much for your answer ! Would he has just to call them ? Or is there anything else to do for the request ?

Edited by LAbarker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LAbarker said:

Thank you so much for your answer ! Would he has just to call them ? Or is there anything else to do for the request ?

calling is fine but they will request him to write a letter and include the case number,your full names and also request for extension for noa2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LAbarker said:

Hello, our nao2 expiration date is on the 18 of december. Is it fine if i schedule the interview now for january ? Is there anything i have do to because of the expiration date of the nao2 or just taking an action is enough ? We are not ready yet with our papers.

Thanl you very much for your help 

 

6 hours ago, mniceguy16 said:

you can ask the petitioner to extend the noa2 with USCIS

 

5 hours ago, LAbarker said:

Thank you so much for your answer ! Would he has just to call them ? Or is there anything else to do for the request ?

 

5 hours ago, mniceguy16 said:

calling is fine but they will request him to write a letter and include the case number,your full names and also request for extension for noa2

To extend the NOA2 expiration date is a Embassy function and it is at their discretion whether they will grant the extension. Calling USCIS will not get it extended as of now they have release that responsibility to the Embassy.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what to do because when i call the embassy im getting forward from office to office and non of them are able to help about that. They can just help me to take the interview appointment, but if i take it now for after the 18 of december i dont know if it is gonna be a problem or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LAbarker said:

I don't know what to do because when i call the embassy im getting forward from office to office and non of them are able to help about that. They can just help me to take the interview appointment, but if i take it now for after the 18 of december i dont know if it is gonna be a problem or not

Email?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

Email?

I checked everywhere and they dont give any address email. Gonna try to make some more phone calls tomorrow. If i dont find answer i will probably just go ahead and schedule the interview even if its after the expiration date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LAbarker said:

I checked everywhere and they dont give any address email. Gonna try to make some more phone calls tomorrow. If i dont find answer i will probably just go ahead and schedule the interview even if its after the expiration date

Https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-section-contact-form/

 

They have an online contact form


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×