jefraylee

APPOINTMENT ONLINE GHANAIAN

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

How difficult it,s to book an appointment online? Was given the interview package and directed to book an appointment online, but anytime I go on the website it keeps saying there is no appointment available.

What is the secret behind book an appointment online?

Does priority date matters regard to booking an appointment? 

We filed with the uscis office at the US embassy in Ghana, filed on the 14th November 2018 got approved 23rd November 2018 and got my interview package on the 29th November. Those that booked their own appointment online should share with me their experience.

18 hours ago, jefraylee said:

How difficult it,s to book an appointment online? Was given the interview package and directed to book an appointment online, but anytime I go on the website it keeps saying there is no appointment available.

What is the secret behind book an appointment online?

Does priority date matters regard to booking an appointment? 

We filed with the uscis office at the US embassy in Ghana, filed on the 14th November 2018 got approved 23rd November 2018 and got my interview package on the 29th November. Those that booked their own appointment online should share with me their experience.

You just have to keep tracking the site through out the day until there are available slots for you to book. I read your story and realized that you have come a long way(since 2014). It will happen this time around by the grace of God. I will not forget you in my prayers. All the best!!!

Keep checking! I was in your same situation in August, and I continued to check every day multiple times a day. Then one day I checked in the morning, no appointments, and then a few hours later I checked again and there were many appointments available. This is an exciting time for you! Best of luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/9/2018 at 11:07 PM, jefraylee said:

Sounds like you are DCF? Did you receive the interview package via email or post??

Timeline
28 minutes ago, JC&BS said:

Sounds like you are DCF? Did you receive the interview package via email or post??

JC&BS what is the meaning of DCF?    I received an email from the embassy with the interview package instructing what to do.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, jefraylee said:

JC&BS what is the meaning of DCF?    I received an email from the embassy with the interview package instructing what to do.

Direct consular filing. (dcf)

You said you applied at US embassy in accra if im not mistaken right? Does the petitioner live in Gh? That would be considered DCF.

Ok, thx. I was wondering if was through email. Good to know.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JC&BS said:

Direct consular filing. (dcf)

You said you applied at US embassy in accra if im not mistaken right? Does the petitioner live in Gh? That would be considered DCF.

Ok, thx. I was wondering if was through email. Good to know.

Yes, direct consular filing and yes my wife and our son has been living in Ghana for a while now.

Timeline
On 12/10/2018 at 5:05 PM, Bashnapa1 said:

You just have to keep tracking the site through out the day until there are available slots for you to book. I read your story and realized that you have come a long way(since 2014). It will happen this time around by the grace of God. I will not forget you in my prayers. All the best!!!

Thank you Bashnapa 

Timeline
23 hours ago, makingahappylife said:

Keep checking! I was in your same situation in August, and I continued to check every day multiple times a day. Then one day I checked in the morning, no appointments, and then a few hours later I checked again and there were many appointments available. This is an exciting time for you! Best of luck!

Makingahappylife thanks for updating me, but how long did it take you to get an appointment? How close was the appointment? 

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Can you all confirm if the appointment dates only opened up after you submitted the DS-260 online? Was there anything else you had to do? In Moscow, the only instructions they gave were to create the online account and submit the form where you want the passport delivered and then the calendar would open up, but it is clearly not the case as no appointments have opened up for us in 7 weeks now. The embassy is not helpful at all and won't answer any questions or tell us what needs to be done other than wait, but I have a suspicion that the DS-260 needs to be filled out.

Can anyone confirm?

thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, madamemoulin said:

Hi all,

Can you all confirm if the appointment dates only opened up after you submitted the DS-260 online? Was there anything else you had to do? In Moscow, the only instructions they gave were to create the online account and submit the form where you want the passport delivered and then the calendar would open up, but it is clearly not the case as no appointments have opened up for us in 7 weeks now. The embassy is not helpful at all and won't answer any questions or tell us what needs to be done other than wait, but I have a suspicion that the DS-260 needs to be filled out.

Can anyone confirm?

thanks!

Is your case reaffirmed or new petition? We waited over 3 months before getting an appointment as a new petition. We filed our petition over here in Ghana at the US Embassy, so we had nothing to do with NVC scheduling our appointment. I was directed by the embassy to fill out the DS260 and book my own appointment. On the booking system, it gives you options which say ( 221g Appointment or Regular appointment ) which depends on your case.  To be honest it took us over 3 months before getting an appointment. Good luck to you as well.

2 hours ago, madamemoulin said:

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm?

thanks!

If you are DCF in Moscow (USCIS office closed Feb 28, 2019) you need to contact the IV section of the Embassy to get an appointment if you can not schedule one.   If you are not DCF then you need to follow the procedure in the packet.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

39 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you are DCF in Moscow (USCIS office closed Feb 28, 2019) you need to contact the IV section of the Embassy to get an appointment if you can not schedule one.   If you are not DCF then you need to follow the procedure in the packet.

We filed DCF through Moscow before the office closed. We have contacted the IV section of the embassy and they direct us to schedule the appointment online (and are generally super unhelpful). The only way to schedule an appointment is online but just curious if DS-260 needs to be submitted before the embassy opens up interview appointments because none have been available and they don't provide instructions on this. Just trying to understand the procedure for other DCF countries as I imagine it is somewhat similar.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, madamemoulin said:

We filed DCF through Moscow before the office closed. We have contacted the IV section of the embassy and they direct us to schedule the appointment online (and are generally super unhelpful). The only way to schedule an appointment is online but just curious if DS-260 needs to be submitted before the embassy opens up interview appointments because none have been available and they don't provide instructions on this. Just trying to understand the procedure for other DCF countries as I imagine it is somewhat similar.

You need a DS260 confirmation number to be able to book an appointment. You will be asked to put in your DS260 confirmation when booking an appointment, so I will advise you to go ahead and fill out the ds260.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.