Smashy

k1 filers - NOV-DEC 2018 NOA2-->Consulate.

628 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, raptora said:

Case created 12/14, "Ready" 12/31.. interestingly CEAC shows our "last update" as 1/11?  We still haven't received Packet 3, hoping that's this week... 

Sounds like they might have mailed it out on the 11th! 🙂

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

21 hours ago, NicoleM said:

Anyone else go through this? :( Why is our approved petition delayed / lost?

It took our case about 4 weeks from NOA2... My hunch is yours is taking a bit longer because of the holidays. I bet it will arrive to NVC any day now. Have you been on the "DEC NOA2 > NVC" thread? Might have more info to help you in there at the USCIS>NVC stage. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey. I've been reading at other threads that people have uploaded packet 3 contents before bringing the originals to the interview. I am confused by this statement. I haven't received packet 3 yet so maybe it'll make more sense when i do but just wondering if that's the case. I am the petitioner and i plan on being in Montreal for my fiance's interview. I would bring the originals for her to take into the interview but Will i need to upload affidavit form, along with other proofs online before the interview? 

Thanks. 

Edited by Hook_Grapp

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Hook_Grapp said:

Hey. I've been reading at other threads that people have uploaded packet 3 contents before bringing the originals to the interview. I am confused by this statement. I haven't received packet 3 yet so maybe it'll make more sense when i do but just wondering if that's the case. I am the petitioner and i plan on being in Montreal for my fiance's interview. I would bring the originals for her to take into the interview but Will i need to upload affidavit form, along with other proofs online before the interview? 

Thanks. 

We didn't have to upload any of the documents in the checklist. We only sent: color scanned passport, DS-160 confirmation page and the signed checklist.

Timeline
3 hours ago, R0n said:

Finally received p3 yesterday (physical mail) it was sent out 1/7. We also received p4 (email) yesterday 😁

I wonder if it’ll be two weeks from there before they get to the next cohort. I love you Canada but wow you are slow.

4 hours ago, Hook_Grapp said:

Thanks. 

You have probably been reading some posts from CR1/IR1 visas. It can get very confusing. They have a whole other step where they have to send that all to NVC. For K1s, we just have to check some boxes on a list and send back just that sheet (well also with passport bio page and DS-160 conf., but nothing else).

This is Packet 3, so you can plan ahead before they send you the official notice: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
5 hours ago, R0n said:

Finally received p3 yesterday (physical mail) it was sent out 1/7. We also received p4 (email) yesterday 😁

You tried sending before receiving earlier in the month too, right?  

Did your case update on the case tracker for the day P3 was sent out?  I'm impatient and want to game it, but I'm trying to be smart about the day...

Timeline
1 hour ago, d24v said:

You tried sending before receiving earlier in the month too, right?  

Did your case update on the case tracker for the day P3 was sent out?  I'm impatient and want to game it, but I'm trying to be smart about the day...

Yes, I received two emails from Montreal saying not to send them P3 until I'm advised to do so. What I noticed was every time they sent me an email, the "Case Last Updated" changed to that day. There was one day however that the date changed (for me it was 1/7) and I didn't receive any emails from them, it turns out that was the day they physically sent me P3. What I should've done is re-sent P3 to them that day and I would've probably received P4 with the others. 

1 hour ago, Hook_Grapp said:

were you able to book the interview?

Yes I booked 2/20, last I checked there were two timeslots available for 2/13, only 1 left for 2/20 and 3 for 2/27

Timeline
Just now, R0n said:

Yes, I received two emails from Montreal saying not to send them P3 until I'm advised to do so. What I noticed was every time they sent me an email, the "Case Last Updated" changed to that day. There was one day however that the date changed (for me it was 1/7) and I didn't receive any emails from them, it turns out that was the day they physically sent me P3. What I should've done is re-sent P3 to them that day and I would've probably received P4 with the others. 

Ok, good to know.  My "last updated" is currently the day they emailed and said they had changed my mailing address, and I've been wondering if it'll change again when they finally pop that P3 in the mail.  

I swear this wait is worse than the damn NOA2.  

Timeline

Hello all, 

Do we need to check off the items we'll be bringing to interview as listed in packet 3? Some stuff doesn't apply to me (divorce, military, etc) . So are we just checking off the stuff that's applicable to us or is this list sort of a guide to bring whatever that's applicable to us and doesn't need a check off. Just a little confused. 

Capture checklist.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.