Smashy

k1 filers - NOV-DEC 2018 NOA2-->Consulate.

628 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Smashy said:

Should be these four according to VJ TL's only - congrats all: 

2018-12-28 18_50_05-K1 <a href='http://www.visajourney.com/k1-fiance-visa/' class='notreplace' title='K1 Fiance Visa' style=Fiance Visa US Immigration Timelines for Canada from the California Service C.png">

Start the countdown to P3! Over/under of...January 15?

Timeline

@d24v just a guess but imma say over. There are many before you w/o P3s who might be Feb interviews. They have less locked in for interviews for January (only 5 for Jan on VJ so far, 9 were locked in & interviewed in December) and i think they might front load a bit to catch up and start Feb/March interview dates. Mind you, this is purely a guess on my part. I am planning for based on current trends for end of March for my potential interview date. You seem to be one cohort ahead so figure that out and maybe first week of March? Again, all guesses.  

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Smashy said:

@d24v just a guess but imma say over. There are many before you w/o P3s who might be Feb interviews. They have less locked in for interviews for January (only 5 for Jan on VJ so far, 9 were locked in & interviewed in December) and i think they might front load a bit to catch up and start Feb/March interview dates. Mind you, this is purely a guess on my part. I am planning for based on current trends for end of March for my potential interview date. You seem to be one cohort ahead so figure that out and maybe first week of March? Again, all guesses.  

That’s a whole other pool though - I’m talking straight P3. I figure they actually check the mail on Wednesday and then start the clock on P3. By the 15th would be nice just because we’ve managed to find out about each successive step while I’ve happened to be in the US, but life isn’t poetry so that streak is bound to end. 

Five weeks between P3/4 and interview has been a rough median lately; if it’s more, it’s more. I’m not ready to leave 🇨🇦 until end of March anyways. 

It’s just been interesting to watch because the initial excitement of a “fast” NOA2 has been tempered by a longer than average wait at the NVC. Stats are fun.

Timeline
10 hours ago, d24v said:

That’s a whole other pool though - I’m talking straight P3. I figure they actually check the mail on Wednesday and then start the clock on P3. By the 15th would be nice just because we’ve managed to find out about each successive step while I’ve happened to be in the US, but life isn’t poetry so that streak is bound to end. 

Five weeks between P3/4 and interview has been a rough median lately; if it’s more, it’s more. I’m not ready to leave 🇨🇦 until end of March anyways. 

It’s just been interesting to watch because the initial excitement of a “fast” NOA2 has been tempered by a longer than average wait at the NVC. Stats are fun.

Okay, that was my best guess. The "average" (from brief eyeballing) from USCIS--> NVC seems to be at least 4 weeks. The sketchy part is *actually receiving* the P3 according to VJ "trends" and what people post as their experience at this stage... as it appears all over the map. I think the first stage at USCIS is more well refined & more in line with trends. Let us know how it goes & good luck with everything d24v! :)

On 12/27/2018 at 10:39 AM, R0n said:

For all of us here who has a case status of "Ready" around Dec 13 and awaiting P3, has anyone received them? We have not received anything yet. I'm tempted to re-send the completed P3... 

Hey! My case status changed to "Ready" on Dec 10 and was updated again on Dec 12... I finally checked the mail here a few days ago (I'm the petitioner) and I had P3 dated Dec 12 on the document, looks like it was stamped in Albany NY on Dec 20, then got to me in Portland, OR Dec 24. Not sure if my beneficiary got anything in the mail also because he is down visiting me currently. Neither of us received anything via e-mail. But hooray for P3 finally! 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
On 12/31/2018 at 1:58 PM, MeghanK said:

Hey! My case status changed to "Ready" on Dec 10 and was updated again on Dec 12... I finally checked the mail here a few days ago (I'm the petitioner) and I had P3 dated Dec 12 on the document, looks like it was stamped in Albany NY on Dec 20, then got to me in Portland, OR Dec 24. Not sure if my beneficiary got anything in the mail also because he is down visiting me currently. Neither of us received anything via e-mail. But hooray for P3 finally! 

Thanks for the update! I still have not received P3 but I went ahead and re-sent the email.

1 hour ago, raptora said:

We were set to Ready on 12/31 according to CEAC!  Little confused though - it says we can schedule our interview, but don't we need to wait for her (beneficiary) to receive a package? 

Correct - you can't schedule the interview until you have Packet 4, which comes after Packet 3 is completed. The CEAC thing just uses the canned language for immigrant visas.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
On 1/2/2019 at 10:22 AM, R0n said:

Thanks for the update! I still have not received P3 but I went ahead and re-sent the email.

Just an update, I received yet another email again today from the embassy telling me not to send packet 3 documents til we're advised to do so. 

37 minutes ago, R0n said:

Just an update, I received yet another email again today from the embassy telling me not to send packet 3 documents til we're advised to do so. 

Ugh! Well you can't be too far from P3 at this point.

We received an e-mail today saying they acknowledge our "e-mail with additional documents" and are forwarding it on to the visa unit who will then send info on next steps. Kind of nerve wracking that the reply was so canned without any specifics of "K1" or "Packet 3" or a stand by for "invitation to book interview." Blah. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Question for anyone who has already gone through the booking the interview portion. We went ahead and started our account on https://ais.usvisa-info.com - and got through the courier page to the payment page. It shows us that the "next available date" for interview is Feb 6th.

Just wondering if once we pay the fee it will save our progress there and let us see a full calendar of dates? We aren't ready to book yet but were hoping to spy on availability for a while and keep our eye out for when farther out dates open so we can eventually jump on a date that works best for us. Don't want to pay money and end up in the situation where it forces us to pick a date (or the next available) right then, but would like to be the final step away from being able to pick a date.

Thanks!

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
6 hours ago, MeghanK said:

Question for anyone who has already gone through the booking the interview portion. We went ahead and started our account on https://ais.usvisa-info.com - and got through the courier page to the payment page. It shows us that the "next available date" for interview is Feb 6th.

Just wondering if once we pay the fee it will save our progress there and let us see a full calendar of dates? We aren't ready to book yet but were hoping to spy on availability for a while and keep our eye out for when farther out dates open so we can eventually jump on a date that works best for us. Don't want to pay money and end up in the situation where it forces us to pick a date (or the next available) right then, but would like to be the final step away from being able to pick a date.

Thanks!

I'm not at this stage quite yet but i do have a question for you Meghan. Do we choose non immigrant or immigrant for this interview registration website? Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Smashy said:

I'm not at this stage quite yet but i do have a question for you Meghan. Do we choose non immigrant or immigrant for this interview registration website? Thanks in advance.

Immigrant :) If you use the link from this doc, it will take you to a less confusing entry page that let's you select for a K Visa rather than trying to remember if K1 is IV vs NIV: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/MTL-Montreal.pdf (And just in general this doc is way more helpful than P3 or P4 I think)

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline

...sent an email to Montreal asking to change the address to which my P3 gets sent.  Received the "don't send us your P3" form email in return.

Good Afternoon,

Please be advised that your fiancé (e) visa application is being processed in our office, you will be contacted with information on your next steps to take to continue processing your K-1 Fiancé Visa, as soon as our Visa Unit it ready to process your case.

As mentioned in our previous correspondence please do not send your Packet 3 documents till the Visa Unit advises you to do so, and you are not eligible at this time to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions.

Cool.  Glad I bothered with that.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.