Uk2usa2016

Approved interview... status on ceac?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

Or is it just a couple of days now for email from courier like said above? 

Yes. You should get email by Thursday and delivery Friday. BUT the embassy will be closed to tomorrow (Wednesday) in honor of the former President George H.W. Bush funeral. So don't count on your visa until maybe Monday in case it doesn't get turned over to the courier today. 

42 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes. You should get email by Thursday and delivery Friday. BUT the embassy will be closed to tomorrow (Wednesday) in honor of the former President George H.W. Bush funeral. So don't count on your visa until maybe Monday in case it doesn't get turned over to the courier today. 

That is a very good point! I’m hoping we are lucky and still get our emails on Thursday and delivery Friday 😬🙏

I was issued today too :) I am picking mine up not having it delivered 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

I was issued today too :) I am picking mine up not having it delivered 

Usually pick up or home delivery are the same day. At least that was the pattern for two years when we had threads/lists in this forum of Name, how many days from interview to received.

Email will have delivery tomorrow or you can pick up tomorrow. 

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Damn,. I booked my flight for Monday cos it was a descent price! 

I dodnt even think about this. As soon as I saw issued I figured I would be ok. 

3 hours ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

Also you need to make sure there aren’t any spelling errors or any other mistakes on the visa 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

So what’s next,... is it meant to be a clue when it changes to non immigrant I saw somewhere? 

Any other signs or updates. . What about on the site where we registered drop off of passport ? Any signs on there that it’s close to dispatch. 

Or is it just a couple of days now for email from courier like said above? 

From what I've seen you should get the courier email a couple days after it goes to issued. Good luck 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DeclanW said:

From what I've seen you should get the courier email a couple days after it goes to issued. Good luck 

I hope so. I hope the closure of the embassy today doesn’t affect the issued from Tuesday. Like I’m not sure what happens after issued. Does DX pick them up the same day. 

I guess we are lucky we didn’t have interviews scheduled for today. They would have been cancelled

8 hours ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

If you get an email from DX on Friday that your passport will be delivered Monday, you could try calling them to get it moved to Saturday. We were able to move ours from delivery to my work on Monday 3rd Dec to home delivery on Saturday 1st Dec, even though they don't publish Saturday delivery as an option.

Edited by rmc

1 minute ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

Do you know the process of DX. Do they email first thing or anytime throughout the day? 🤔

I don’t know, I’m assuming it can be any time of day that they email so I keep checking my email and every notification that comes through hoping it’s from DX. 

Ive got a funny feeling we won’t get it today and the email will come tomorrow because the embassy was closed yesterday but I’m still crossing my fingers hoping for the rest of today. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Steve&Chelsea said:

I don’t know, I’m assuming it can be any time of day that they email so I keep checking my email and every notification that comes through hoping it’s from DX. 

Ive got a funny feeling we won’t get it today and the email will come tomorrow because the embassy was closed yesterday but I’m still crossing my fingers hoping for the rest of today. 

I thought because it was issued at 9am on Tuesday they have all that day to get the courier to pick them up lol 

Just called DX. It’s a text not an email apparently 🤔

6 minutes ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

I thought because it was issued at 9am on Tuesday they have all that day to get the courier to pick them up lol 

Just called DX. It’s a text not an email apparently 🤔

I registered both my email and mobile number for the delivery so either way I’ll be happy to accept it 😆

I don’t really know, I suppose I imagined it getting issued Tuesday, passed onto another department for shipping the next day (Wednesday) then DX get it in their system Thursday ready for delivery Friday. I’m assuming it might have sat at the embassy Wednesday all day with it being closed and the shipping actually happen today.

I’m purely speculating at this point since I don’t really know but I’ll still keep hoping for an email or text today for delivery tomorrow 😊🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.