Uk2usa2016

Approved interview... status on ceac?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Steve&Chelsea said:

I don’t really know, I suppose I imagined it getting issued Tuesday, passed onto another department for shipping the next day (Wednesday) then DX get it in their system Thursday ready for delivery Friday. I’m assuming it might have sat at the embassy Wednesday all day with it being closed and the shipping actually happen today.

That is closer to what I imagine. I'm pretty sure DX has a "department" in the building and they do the packaging all day as things get sent to them (passports and sealed white envelopes). DX doesn't "call in" at a certain time of day. They put it in the outer wrapper and do the address label based on what you arranged with them. I realize made your arrangements online in one process, but prior to that, one made courier arrangements separate. The embassy did not have the delivery info  or do packaging. There can be 100+ visas a day based on data of how many visas per year London processes. 

Another slight perception I have is that the email gets generated by DX after the package is at the depot and they work out their delivery schedule. Reason: I know of several who were Depot pickup who went to depot as soon as the email came and the package was there, even though the email said pick up next day. At least one other I remember tried and were just turned away and told to come back, maybe because they would have to hunt around to find the piece. 

So maybe that helps your conspiracy theories a bit. Or maybe you shouldn't sweat the small stuff of one day and go Christmas shopping...or learning your AOS process, how to get a marriage license, start reading the AOS forms and forums.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:14 PM, Nicola and Jordan said:

I was issued today too :) I am picking mine up not having it delivered 

On 12/5/2018 at 3:48 AM, Uk2usa2016 said:

Damn,. I booked my flight for Monday cos it was a descent price! 

I dodnt even think about this. As soon as I saw issued I figured I would be ok. 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:27 PM, metalmikecfh said:

so did mine

Did anyone get an email from DX regarding delivery tomorrow?

I'm assuming the closure yesterday affected us getting it today after all. 😢

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Steve&Chelsea said:

Did anyone get an email from DX regarding delivery tomorrow?

I'm assuming the closure yesterday affected us getting it today after all. 😢

nope nothing yet🙁

I was at embassy today to pay my fee and I was told they were still waiting on my medical. Anticipate a slight delay due to the embassy being closed on December 5th. 

14 hours ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

nope nothing 😢😢😢

I stupidly got excited when it changed to issued and booked a flight for Monday. I will just have to change it if I haven’t heard by tomorrow 🙈🙈🙈

15 hours ago, metalmikecfh said:

nope nothing yet🙁

I cancelled my flight for tomorrow earlier too! 😢

Let's hope for emails today......I'm sure there will be good news. I think I'm going to try calling DX to see if I can get a Saturday delivery like was mentioned above then I can rebook my flight for Sunday. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Steve&Chelsea said:

I cancelled my flight for tomorrow earlier too! 😢

Let's hope for emails today......I'm sure there will be good news. I think I'm going to try calling DX to see if I can get a Saturday delivery like was mentioned above then I can rebook my flight for Sunday. 

Not booking flights until visa is in my hand looking at flying out on 18th December  and hopefully everyone will get emails today 😀

Timeline
1 minute ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

Just got my email guys. Collection Monday. 

Same it's being delivered on Monday yay

Timeline

Hello everyone, im a little behind all of yoy but i have a question, do you have to wait for anything in the mail before you schedule medical exam or can you just screenshot the case number proof and schedule it? Also does the ds-160 need to be done before you schedule the medical- or just by the time you go to the appointment?  And do we have to wait for anything before scheduling the interview, and how did everyone go about scheduling it? Thanks

Edited by Mez274
Add more

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mez274 said:

Hello everyone, im a little behind all of yoy but i have a question, do you have to wait for anything in the mail before you schedule medical exam or can you just screenshot the case number proof and schedule it? Also does the ds-160 need to be done before you schedule the medical- or just by the time you go to the appointment?  And do we have to wait for anything before scheduling the interview, and how did everyone go about scheduling it? Thanks

For the medical I printed the email from the nvc saying my documents were approved. They were fine with that. 

Im Cr1 so the nvc scheduled my interview. Maybe one of the others are K1 and can offer advice 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mez274 said:

You can start with the detailed instructions from London. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

For a smoother experience note: Medicals do not arrive at the embassy in 5 days as stated (pre-2018 info) so leave at minimum two weeks between medical and interview. Check with you GP to make sure you will be able to get everything you need from his office before the date you pick for the medical. 

Timeline

visa is in my hand fligth to new orealns is booked  i leave on tuesday 😍😍😍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.