kmartinkc

Current processing times for biometrics and other steps

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello,

My wife and I mailed in her AOS packet back in early October. We included the adjustment of status, travel permit, and work permit in the packet. We got the e-notification and letter in the mail showing that each item had been received. I'm curious now when to expect the next step. My understanding was that the Biometrics appointment letter was expected within 3-5 weeks, but I believe we're already a little past that now. Does anyone have a feel for the current wait time? I'm pretty patient about all of this, but my wife gets antsy with the anticipation and keeps asking for an update.

Also, my understanding was that the combo card/work-travel permit would likely come before the final green card. Is that correct? Would anyone be able to offer some guidance as to the expected time frame when we could expect to receive each of those, assuming there is no RFE or something else that delays the process?

Any input is much appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sometimes due to a fast field office, slow EAD/AP processing, or both, you'll get a green card before a combo card; in that case you won't get the combo card at all. But it's not likely.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

13 minutes ago, kmartinkc said:

Hello,

My wife and I mailed in her AOS packet back in early October. We included the adjustment of status, travel permit, and work permit in the packet. We got the e-notification and letter in the mail showing that each item had been received. I'm curious now when to expect the next step. My understanding was that the Biometrics appointment letter was expected within 3-5 weeks, but I believe we're already a little past that now. Does anyone have a feel for the current wait time? Usually a month from your NOA1 date. Give or take a bit. I'm pretty patient about all of this, but my wife gets antsy with the anticipation and keeps asking for an update.

Also, my understanding was that the combo card/work-travel permit would likely come before the final green card. Is that correct? Yes. More than likely. All K1 Combo Cards are processed at the NBC in MO. Currently the processing time there is 4 to 6 months. Would anyone be able to offer some guidance as to the expected time frame when we could expect to receive each of those, assuming there is no RFE or something else that delays the process?

Any input is much appreciated!

Your I485 will be sent to your local field office after security checks at the NBC. From there it can sit for months or years depending on how busy your local FO is.

You can find your local FO here by inputting your zip code:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

And you can check the local processing times of your local FO here by selecting "I485" in the top box and your local FO in the next box:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by K1visaHopeful

3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Your I485 will be sent to your local field office after security checks at the NBC. From there it can sit for months or years depending on how busy your local FO is.

You can find your local FO here by inputting your zip code:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

And you can check the local processing times of your local FO here by selecting "I485" in the top box and your local FO in the next box:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Thank you. I finished my AOS interview last week and was not approved. Now I kind of remember, during my interview, the IO might have mentioned that they will do background checks. After NBC finished security checks, there are checks to be done? :clock:

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for the input. My wife is just getting really antsy about still not receiving a biometrics appointment. Most places I've searched show the biometrics appointment should have been scheduled within 3-6 weeks of receiving the I=797C notice of action, but we're going on 2+ months now without a word. 

I tried searching the processing times for the different locations, and it was disheartening to say the least. I was expecting maybe a year or less processing time, but most of the times on there show a time range all the way up to 2 years which is absolutely ridiculous. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
17 hours ago, kmartinkc said:

Thanks for the input. My wife is just getting really antsy about still not receiving a biometrics appointment. Most places I've searched show the biometrics appointment should have been scheduled within 3-6 weeks of receiving the I=797C notice of action, but we're going on 2+ months now without a word. 

I tried searching the processing times for the different locations, and it was disheartening to say the least. I was expecting maybe a year or less processing time, but most of the times on there show a time range all the way up to 2 years which is absolutely ridiculous. 

The average is about 3-6 weeks, but for some it's longer. Maybe it's just a busy office.

For some people, they didn't receive the letter in the mail or they received it way past the biometric date. It probably got lost somewhere and never made it to you, so there is a possibility you were scheduled and wasn't aware of it. what does it say on you I-485 case status on the website, does it say biometric fee received? I would try to reach our to your field office and see what went wrong.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So everything is a mess with our case. Apparently the Biometrics letter was sent back in November, but we never received it in the mail. Our address with USCIS is correct. My wife called and spoke with a tier 2 representative who told her that the letter had already been sent and we missed the appointment. We had submitted a service request and spoke with the regular operator/representative at USCIS last month and was never notified that the letter had already been sent. Now I guess we have to wait for another letter to be sent and hope that we actually get it this time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.