Jump to content
Ziggy & Boo


5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good Day! I am trying to assist a friend that has 2 children for her ex husband that was deported 10 years ago back to his country. She is looking for a way to get him back for the children due to emotional and depression situations that the children are having in their day to day living. I have done some research today on USCIS website about the I-212 but, would to ensure that I am giving her the best information possible to assist her and her children. Thank you in advance!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

what was the reason for deportation and how long was his ban?

5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are no longer married, he does not have an avenue for a visa until his children are 21 and they file for him.  She can send the kids to him for visits if they want to see him.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

He cannot come on a family-based or immediate relative visa if he is no longer married to your friend. If his ban is over then maybe he can apply to visit. If not, your friend will be taking the children to visit him

if she wants them to spend time with their father. 






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.