3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well on their visa journeys. 

So, Me and my fiance, are planing on starting our visa journey in January. I am from Slovenia, she is from Hawaii. Other then form I-129F, do we need any other documents to start the process?

Also when it comes to the vaccinations, are there any of them that I do not need to do. Some are optional? (I apologize if I'm asking stupid questions). 

And one more thing about the documents I'll need for the interview, do I need to translate them all? Since the USA embassy is in Slovenia, my native speaking country. 

Thank you to all that are able to help. 

Hope you all have a good day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, RedAndBelle2019 said:

So, Me and my fiance, are planing on starting our visa journey in January. I am from Slovenia, she is from Hawaii. Other then form I-129F, do we need any other documents to start the process?

Also when it comes to the vaccinations, are there any of them that I do not need to do. Some are optional? (I apologize if I'm asking stupid questions). 

And one more thing about the documents I'll need for the interview, do I need to translate them all? Since the USA embassy is in Slovenia, my native speaking country. 

Follow these guides closely:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

Vaccinations won't be needed until medical after the I-129f petition processing state side, so don't stress that now.

Also some translations will need to be done for USCIS most likely and the embassy yes.

If you have specific questions, use the search bar up top right corner and search older threads. Any question you have probably has been posted about 100 times before so it's a good source of info.

Also top of the page is a "Portals" tab. Click it and it will take you to your home country forum where you can read specifics about the processes and things needed regarding your specific embassy (this is for later but still good to read into it)

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 11/19/2018 at 5:57 AM, RedAndBelle2019 said:

When we prepared our I129 F  petition we added below all documents in support:

1. Prepared a main cover letter  mentioning all the document list in that petition.

2. 129 Form of course 

3. Cover letters for every section of the petition ( for e.g-- How we met, proofs of communication, affidavit of support, etc )

4. we also included 'Our story'  in our own words ( one written by me and one written by my fiance)

5. 4 pages of our pictures together and 4 pages of proofs of communication 

6. pictures of her with my parents and friends

7. affidavit of support of relationship ( the notarized declaration by my parents of approving our relationship and notarized declaration by my fiances sister approving/supporting our relationship.)

We included copies of my original documents in native language and a Notarized English translated version of all the document( my birth certificate , my Id proof and i wrote our story in English as well)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.