19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husbands I601 has been approved. He received instructions from Ciudad Juarez just to send his updated medical/passport, he was not asked to have a second interview because it has been less than a year since his first interview. I just want to know how long will Ciudad Juarez take until they send his visa? Has anyone had the same experience? It has been a little over 5 business days and we are just anxious because holidays are coming and don’t really know what’s going to happen next. 

Edited by KristiRz

Timeline

Hi,

Are you positive about not having a second interview? It is my understanding that your husband will have to go to the Ciudad Juarez for a second interview. From what I've heard, the embassy is currently very slow on scheduling interviews. Some people here have said they're receiving their interview appointments for 5-6 months after waiver approval.

My wife and I are still waiting on our i-601A approval.

Good luck!

Edited by trac3rt

Timeline

Yes i hope so, we received the approval notice for the I-601 and the instructions from CJ letter and mentioned he only needed to send in Updated Medical/Passport. My Question is,

Does that mean he will soon get his visa? 

Goodluck, :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes!!!!!, He will have to submit passport and medical - follow instructions to print off sheets so you don’t pay courier to send through DHL to Consulate. My fiancé had an approved I-212, no 2nd interview; submit passport and new medical as well. Recieved 11/9 at Consulate vía DHL. 11/13 noticed update date change in CEAC site. 11/14- Application recieved- 11/15 changed from Refused  to “ Issued”; now just waiting for text/ email for waybill to pick up package  to enter the US.  Your almost there! 

Edited by *GinaV*
Spelling errore

Timeline

Did you get a waybill number from Consulate ; from there you can track in DHL website? I heard someone not get a Text/email and called the consulate for their waybill number. If it’s been that long call the Consulate.I sent my fiancé there to ask - generic reponse  takes 2-10 working days to receive Visa.  I have heard 2-3 working days. The waits seems forever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 1:43 PM, trac3rt said:

Hi,

Are you positive about not having a second interview? It is my understanding that your husband will have to go to the Ciudad Juarez for a second interview. From what I've heard, the embassy is currently very slow on scheduling interviews. Some people here have said they're receiving their interview appointments for 5-6 months after waiver approval.

My wife and I are still waiting on our i-601A approval.

Good luck!

i just have a quick question, when did you apply for the i 601. how long the process take pls?

Timeline
On 11/16/2018 at 12:40 PM, *GinaV* said:

Yes!!!!!, He will have to submit passport and medical - follow instructions to print off sheets so you don’t pay courier to send through DHL to Consulate. My fiancé had an approved I-212, no 2nd interview; submit passport and new medical as well. Recieved 11/9 at Consulate vía DHL. 11/13 noticed update date change in CEAC site. 11/14- Application recieved- 11/15 changed from Refused  to “ Issued”; now just waiting for text/ email for waybill to pick up package  to enter the US.  Your almost there! 

Thank you that’s a relief to hear!! We are still waiting on our packet to arrive im guessing because of the holidays and stuff it has been taking them a while to update this just makes it very anxious wait 😕

Timeline
On 11/16/2018 at 1:00 PM, *GinaV* said:

Did you get a waybill number from Consulate ; from there you can track in DHL website? I heard someone not get a Text/email and called the consulate for their waybill number. If it’s been that long call the Consulate.I sent my fiancé there to ask - generic reponse  takes 2-10 working days to receive Visa.  I have heard 2-3 working days. The waits seems forever.

We unfortunately have not heard anything back they just keep telling us it’s under review and with the holidays coming through im guessing that’s why it’s taking them a little longer not really sure

On 11/24/2018 at 6:54 PM, Pumping234 said:

i just have a quick question, when did you apply for the i 601. how long the process take pls?

The I-601 or I-601A?

Timeline

Have you checked the CEAC site? Once my fiancé change to “Issued” it took 3 working days after from Issued when he recieved his packet.  Is his under Administrative Process?  If not try calling Consulate again. They usually say 2-10 working days. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, *GinaV* said:

Have you checked the CEAC site? Once my fiancé change to “Issued” it took 3 working days after from Issued when he recieved his packet.  Is his under Administrative Process?  If not try calling Consulate again. They usually say 2-10 working days. 

Yes i have cheked it nothing has changed yet, i have called the consulate and they say the last update they have is that an officer has the packet got it November 14, 2018 and it’s under review, thats all that they tell me, to keep on calling. 😕 It’s really frustrating... 

Timeline

I know the feeling of having to wait especially when it’s around the holidays. I was happy he got before Thanksgiving, but had to wait after Veterans Day and following Monday. ( Mexican holiday- Consulate closed as well)

Keeping checking the CEAC site like a hawk, Watch for Any Update Date changes! Your almost there.

*Note even though on 11/15 stated Issued, on his Visa it stated 11/20 ( which was 2 working days later, 3rd day 11/21-received email to pick up package)

Is your husband waiting in Cuidad Juarez or did he select another city for DHL pick up?  My fiancé was in Cuidad Juarez for 2weeks, 1 day. It was longer than expected stay.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, *GinaV* said:

I know the feeling of having to wait especially when it’s around the holidays. I was happy he got before Thanksgiving, but had to wait after Veterans Day and following Monday. ( Mexican holiday- Consulate closed as well)

Keeping checking the CEAC site like a hawk, Watch for Any Update Date changes! Your almost there.

*Note even though on 11/15 stated Issued, on his Visa it stated 11/20 ( which was 2 working days later, 3rd day 11/21-received email to pick up package)

Is your husband waiting in Cuidad Juarez or did he select another city for DHL pick up?  My fiancé was in Cuidad Juarez for 2weeks, 1 day. It was longer than expected stay.

He is waiting in Ciudad Juarez, since that is where we registered the address for pick up,  well i hope we get a answer this week the wait seems forever ......

Timeline
On 11/27/2018 at 9:35 AM, KristiRz said:

He is waiting in Ciudad Juarez, since that is where we registered the address for pick up,  well i hope we get a answer this week the wait seems forever ......

I have no new updates this week call center still keeps on saying it’s under counseler review do you know if by any chance that still takes another 4-6 Months ? I really don’t understand what would take them so long to return the passport with the visa on it... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.